closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Bronze

Tudor Bronze

Since last August I've been under a self imposed watch hiatus which was mainly due to selling my complete collection to fund my business. I've made do with a Charge HR since then and have stayed away from the SC just in case I got tempted.
    Fast forward a few months and the urge became too much and eventually after much deliberation narrowed it down to 2. I was looking at an Omega Seamaster or Tudor Black Bay Red on brown, set off today, one thing led to another as it generally does when looking at watches and naturally came away with this....

I have to say I'm over the moon with it, never in my life thought I'd ever own a bronze watch but once it was on the wrist it was to me a no brainer. Whilst the Red is a fantastic looking watch there's just something about the bronze which sets it apart from the others IMO. Perhaps it's the fact it has a slightly larger case or the leather strap feels better quality however it is noticeable. Could simply be down to the fact it's a lot heavier than the red......not sure.

Unfortunately with the nature of my work it's only going to get lightwear at evening and weekends but I'm looking forward to the patina effect that happens with a bronze watch. I intend to take a snap of the watch eveytime I wear it to see the degradation......sad I know but hey?!

FFF
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 25th March 2017 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Since last August I've been under a self imposed watch hiatus which was mainly due to selling my complete collection to fund my business. I've made do with a Charge HR since then and have stayed away from the SC just in case I got tempted.
    Fast forward a few months and the urge became too much and eventually after much deliberation narrowed it down to 2. I was looking at an Omega Seamaster or Tudor Black Bay Red on brown, set off today, one thing led to another as it generally does when looking at watches and naturally came away with this....

I have to say I'm over the moon with it, never in my life thought I'd ever own a bronze watch but once it was on the wrist it was to me a no brainer. Whilst the Red is a fantastic looking watch there's just something about the bronze which sets it apart from the others IMO. Perhaps it's the fact it has a slightly larger case or the leather strap feels better quality however it is noticeable. Could simply be down to the fact it's a lot heavier than the red......not sure.

Unfortunately with the nature of my work it's only going to get lightwear at evening and weekends but I'm looking forward to the patina effect that happens with a bronze watch. I intend to take a snap of the watch eveytime I wear it to see the degradation......sad I know but hey?!

FFF
    Red, bronze and leather is a very nice combo. Enjoy sir.

Craftsman
    Very nice!

In my humble opinion, the leather sets off the red very well.

Enjoy your watch!

Apprentice
    That's beautiful!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I just happened to be wearing mine today. The patina is coming along slowly although it does have a lot of competition for wrist time. I like it, it's a bit different to everything else. Enjoy it in good health.

Master
    Lovely watch, I am starting to warm to bronze watches and may have to give one a try at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I just happened to be wearing mine today. The patina is coming along slowly although it does have a lot of competition for wrist time. I like it, it's a bit different to everything else. Enjoy it in good health.

Ive read that Tudor use less copper in the mix and the effect is that it goes brown rather than the usual greener tinge.....is this what's happening to yours?
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 25th March 2017 at 21:14.

Craftsman
    This is probably my favourite of the current Tudor line up. Simply beautiful.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Ive read that Tudor use less copper in the mix and the effect is that it goes brown rather than the usual greener tinge.....is this what's happening to yours?
    It doesn't look to have any green in it to me, but I am red green colour blind :-)

Pretty sure it's primarily brown in my case. Mine was the second BBB sold by my AD &, when I picked it up, I was told that the owner of the first one had been in with his & it had turned greenish

Journeyman
    Great watch

Grand Master
    It should brown off but I would be surprised it ages to the green we see on Panerai Bronzo most of which have been 'assisted' anyway
    RIAC

Journeyman
    Lovely watch...enjoy it :)

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Sold mine on SC recently and it's one of those that I know I'm really going to miss.

Steve

Absolutely gorgeous, just a little too large for my wrist unfortunately:(