closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Billy Connolly..."a humble folksinger"...

Billy Connolly..."a humble folksinger"...

I stumbled across this early Parkinson (1979) on YouTube...and enjoyed it:

Try and get to the end...it's worth it, many one-liners, moments of note etc.

PS The good news is that it only takes about 5 seconds to skip the ads.

I do like Billy Connolly, my dad used to drink with him in the Scotia Bar and Clutha in Glasgow back in the day, he maintained that's where he got most of his material from. Seen him the other day on TV and he is looking poor.

I recall watching him on Parkinson when it first aired - it was a refreshing change to what else was available at the time

Sad to see him so frail now, though he keeps on going - good for him

Watched that very programme live, and every "Parky" one he was on.
    A very, very funny man in his day, like nothing I'd seen before.
    The best imho.

Saw him on his latest tour, still hilarious but I'd be surprised if he did another large tour as age and condition wearing him down, although his attitude is that there are plenty in the grave that would love his condition so maybe still more to come.

I saw him by chance a few weeks ago & had to do a double-take, wasn't looking well at all. :-(

The first time I saw him perform was around 1976 at the Rainbow in London, full-on laughing for the entire gig.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

One day whilst driving down Deansgate in Manchester I was stopped at traffic lights and a fella knocked on my driver side window and asked how to get to the Palace Theatre. Couldn't believe it, it was Billy Connely. He was a bit stressed as he was late meeting someone. I told him to jump in the back and ten mins later dropped him off. Really genuine fella and I still chuckle nowadays thinking about how strange that was and how funny he was in that ten mins. Saw him on TV the other day and his illness is catching up with him. Sadly he looked really frail.....

Chris

Master
    One of the best stand ups ever for me. Probably not my favourite ever, but certainly top three.

Master
    He was my favourite stand up loved him right up until the whole ken bigley thing after that I've never been able to watch him in the same light.