closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Unusual Italian Air Pistol

Master

Unusual Italian Air Pistol

I know we have some airgun experts on here, whereas my interest is more toward firearms so I shall be moving this on.
    (probably on sales corner if permissible)

But before I do, can anyone give me some more information on this:

Its an Italian air pistol with a screw on stock, chambered in .177 and with a rifled barrel.
    There are a few markings on the receiver which are:

RO 72 Cal .177 and 'Made in Italy'

The logo could be 'GT' but I'm unsure.

Obviously the box is handmade but serves the purpose well enough.
    It cocks and fires with no problem and certainly isn't down on power (relatively speaking) What surprised me though was that it doesn't seem to have a safety?

I've inherited this hence my lack of information on it.

At some point I will also be listing a Daisy Powerline 717 but that needs no research!

Any ideas?

Unusual Italian Air Pistol

I had one of these in the late 1970s. No safety's in those days! You are correct it was called a RO70 (there was a 72 also). They were made in Italy and imported by a company whose name I cant recall at the moment. I did come across some info online a while back - I'll see if I can find it other wise johnbaz is your man to ask.
    Kevin
    Last edited by kdes24uk; 24th March 2017 at 18:43.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kdes24uk View Post
    I had one of these in the late 1970s. No safety's in those days! I did come across some info online a while back - I'll see if I can find it other wise johnbaz is your man to ask.
    Kevin
    Thanks.

There's a spare parts list which you can see is clearly for this pistol.
    And there is also an ordering certificate for 'Sussex Armoury Service Dept' which probably isn't as it lists parts for a 'Jackal' unless that name rings a bell?

I'd be interested to see the link if you can find it.

Blog Entries
    I had one of those! I was only young so can't remember a great deal about it other than I picked it out of a magazine and I'm pretty sure Sussex Armoury was where my dad ordered it from. Sadly don't have it any more as I traded it against a Webley Hurricane which is still at my mum and dad's

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    I had one of those! I was only young so can't remember a great deal about it other than I picked it out of a magazine and I'm pretty sure Sussex Armoury was where my dad ordered it from. Sadly don't have it any more as I traded it against a Webley Hurricane which is still at my mum and dad's
    Ah, so maybe that's not a red herring and does actually add to the provenance....!

I'd have thought a trade for a Webley was a good one, but I'm no expert.

Yes that was it Sussex Armoury

http://www.jackals-lair.com/sussex_armoury_10.html

Above article refers to the import of Italian pistols.

I did have access to a scan of the catalogue. I'll take another look

Kev

Now that takes me back! It looks just like the break-down pistol I had as a kid. I shall keep an eye on sales corner with interest.

Blog Entries
    Yes that was it Sussex Armoury

http://www.jackals-lair.com/sussex_armoury_10.html

Above article refers to the import of Italian pistols.

I did have access to a scan of the catalogue. I'll take another look

Kev
    That's a great link, I used to love the ads in the magazines http://www.jackals-lair.com/adverts_etc_12.html

Oh, and as previously mentioned Johnbaz is your man. Will be following this thread

Ok it's coming back to me now. The sussex armoury catalogue was full or 1:1 replica guns !! Plus some air weapons. I've found the catalogue link, ironically on the same site as I posted earlier. Your RO70' is on the page with the red background (last image)

http://www.jackals-lair.com/catalogue_30.html

Kev
    Last edited by kdes24uk; 24th March 2017 at 19:48.

Ok it's coming back to me now. The sussex armoury catalogue was full or 1:1 replica guns !! Plus some air weapons. I've found the catalogue link, ironically on the same site as I posted earlier. Your RO70' is on the page with the red background (last image)

Kev

I used to have the Jackal AR7 with a Singlepoint sight on that same page. It's the one top right in the rifles marked "New Jackals".
    Great fun, but noisy!

Master

Kev

Yes! It looks like a Panther next to some Gat guns. And the warning came to late, Ive already drooled!

That Jackal AR7 looks awesome too.

I already have some real firearms, I can't start collecting air guns now as well....