closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seamaster 2254.50 or the current 212.30

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    I have got a lot to learn.
    Especially about the different bracelets and clasps / didn't know that you could get adjustable ones!
    Scott, do you only keep 2254 etc as they are part of the collection?
    I fitted the 2254 back onto the after market rubber strap that came with it. Quite happy with until I find something else.

Had to remove four links and use the half link before I got a good fit on the SMPc.
    Wow, it's far more complicated removing a link than on a Rolex bracelet!
    And though screws are SO small!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are no adjustable clasps in UK stock at the moment, I have one on order from my AD and was told three weeks in case you was thinking of ordering one, just so you know!

Master
    Wow I didn't know this was possible to fit an adjustable clasp to the older bracelets. Can someone please share part/reference numbers? What watch model does it come from?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    Wow I didn't know this was possible to fit an adjustable clasp to the older bracelets. Can someone please share part/reference numbers? What watch model does it come from?

This is the on that apparently fits my SMPc and it's from the seamaster 300

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    If You are in UK, You will struggle to get an adjustable clasp to fit for either 2254 or SMPC. Omega have direct orders not to sell it here for quite sometimes if the watch serial no. Isn't the correct one for the clasp. But I think in other Countries mainly USA, it is still very much available no questions ask.

Here's mine with the adjustable clasp.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Are you sure?

I'm meant to have one on order from my U.K. AD

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Are you sure?

I'm meant to have one on order from my U.K. AD

That's what they said for the past months Mate... I was lucky to order it last year, I think it was March or April from Trafford OB. Keep Us up to date if You manage to get one.

Master

Seamaster 2254.50 or the current 212.30

That's what they said for the past months Mate... I was lucky to order it last year, I think it was March or April from Trafford OB. Keep Us up to date if You manage to get one.

It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't ordered to be honest, I remember ordering a Strap for my Breitling last year and got chatting with Ross on here, he said check they have definitely ordered it as AD's can be a nightmare when ordering Straps (he may have been referring to just Breitling)

Anyway, the next morning I phoned the AD to check, you guessed it, it wasn't even ordered lol

When I ordered this Omega Clasp late in the week the sales assistant said it would be in for a he following Tuesday, when it didn't turn up he said they must be out of stock in the U.K., but I would have thought that would have flagged up on their system, as I called back to check he had placed the order as I was messed about by the other AD previously!

Last edited by Matt68; 27th March 2017 at 18:44.

Master
    Yeah, I think it was sometime between August to October when they stop selling that clasp if It doesn't match the watch reference no.

Master
    Yeah, I think it was sometime between August to October when they stop selling that clasp if It doesn't match the watch reference no.

Well thanks for the info mate, I will give them a call tomorrow and maybe speak to someone else and see!

Master
    Well thanks for the info mate, I will give them a call tomorrow and maybe speak to someone else and see!

No worries Mate, I do hope You get it though... Hoping that Omega will change their stand on it.

Well after a weekend of wearing the two watches.
    One is staying and the other is on its way back.........
    I have decided to keep just the one and not both.
    The 2254 will become my working watch.
    Why I went with the 2254, was down to the slimness of the case, the lume - which is fantastic and how comfortable it felt on my wrist. And maybe, just a little bit, the overwhelming popularity for it amongst all three forums, which I posed the question on!
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread.
    I am now looking to add a OEM black rubber strap and deployant from the Boutique in Bond St.

Congratulations - an excellent choice.

Also consider the Omega 98000085 rubber strap with buckle - suits the 2254 really well.

Thanks Colin.
    That's interesting info, as the Boutique told me that they didn't do a pin buckle on a rubber strap for the 2254.
    Unless of course, it has since been discontinued?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    The only downside to the 2254 is finding one with all its original case edges intact. So many of these older watches have been badly polished which ruins them for me.

There's really nothing better about the new one, for me. It's worse looking. The movement is the same base, with a funky proprietary escapement that may or may not do anything. The bracelet has screws which doesn't matter to me. Sure they bezel is ceramic, but I've never found aluminum lacking. The clasp is the same.

Ilthe new one is a shiny, harder to maintain, less attractive, alternative. I'd pay more money for a 2254.

Thanks Colin.
    That's interesting info, as the Boutique told me that they didn't do a pin buckle on a rubber strap for the 2254.
    Unless of course, it has since been discontinued?

I don't believe it has been discontinued. There's a useful thread here:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...tion-questions

All the details and photographs that you'll need to decide. The boutique will be able to work with these reference numbers.

Master
    This is the on that apparently fits my SMPc and it's from the seamaster 300

If I ordered just the clasp can it be fitted to the older bond (pin) type bracelet?

Thanks Colin

That is a great looking strap.

Master
    If I ordered just the clasp can it be fitted to the older bond (pin) type bracelet?

I'm not sure, I only researched it for the SMPc, but if the links are the same as the newer Bracelet I don't see why not

Does anyone know if there's any other difference between the new and old bond bracelets apart from the change to screws?

On looks alone I'd choose the 2254.50.00.

No. You need some other parts for that, but they are available - it's on a thread on here all the parts you need are listed.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    No. You need some other parts for that, but they are available - it's on a thread on here all the parts you need are listed.
    Is that just the bond pin type your referring to Scott?

My screw type bracelet only needs the clasp!

Master
    https://youtu.be/bd7pTOlGB70

Master
    Good choice Mate...

Here's a teaser for getting the Rubber strap.

But I sold it as I couldn't get a good fit at all.

This was my favourite rubber strap.

Aftermarket rubber strap for Planet Ocean with OEM deployant . Sold it as well after having the adjustable clasp.

Now it's either on a Nato or Bracelet.

Last edited by mjoranga; 28th March 2017 at 21:33.

Good choice Mate...

Here's a teaser for getting the Rubber strap.

But I sold it as I couldn't get a good fit at all.

This was my favourite rubber strap.

Aftermarket rubber strap for Planet Ocean with OEM deployant . Sold it as well after having the adjustable clasp.

Now it's either on a Nato or Bracelet.

I have always read the PO curved straps didnt fit the SMP case profile, this is interesting as it looks superb

Master
    It's not OEM Mate, but a friend of mine fitted an OEM PO and it fit as well.

Is that just the bond pin type your referring to Scott?

My screw type bracelet only needs the clasp!

Yes, just for the older pin bracelets - the newer ones are fine.

I have just ordered an aftermarket rubber strap and deployant to see how it fits.

It's not OEM Mate, but a friend of mine fitted an OEM PO and it fit as well.

Where was the rubber from? I have a few deployants, similar to the Omega version, which might suit an aftermarket rubber.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Where was the rubber from? I have a few deployants, similar to the Omega version, which might suit an aftermarket rubber.
    EBay Mate, will usually cost between 20 to 30£ if I remember. Not sure how much it is now.

^^^^^^
    Sounds like the same sort that I have just ordered.

^^^^^^
    Sounds like the same sort that I have just ordered.
    What did you opt for?....any chance of a link?

Colin, here is the link. Though it appears that I bought their last one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3222774260...%3AMEBIDX%3AITI have still got the OEM Strap and deployant on order. But thought that in the meantime I thought

A 2254 was one of the very few watches I've flipped and seeing these pics makes me miss it. The bracelet was wonderful. You can't keep 'em all right?

I can't get on with blue dials, but that aside I've owned a 2254.50 and I can only recommend it. I ended up feeling it was a bit small for my wrist and got the chance of a mint PO so upscaled, but you wont go wrong with the 2254. Whatever you go for enjoy it :)

Here's some photos of an aftermarket rubber strap and deployant.
    It fits very nicely and the rubber is soft and supple. For £30 it was good opportunity to see how the deployant suits.
    So far I am very pleased with it. And now have to think really hard whether splashing out £360 for a genuine strap and deployant is worth it?

Grand Master
    I`m not a fan of rubber straps but this one looks fine to me. Money well spent, can the genuine Omega one really be 12 times better?

£360 would buy a decent vintage watch!

Paul

Some of the softer, more compliant rubber straps attract dust like there is no tomorrow. This one looks ok from your picture, but how is your experience with it so far?

I would still try and get hold of a 98000085 for this dive watch - you don't need a deployant and i'm confident it is significantly cheaper - more so if you manage to pick one up from here second hand. It fits perfectly, looks the part, and i'd reckon it is at least five times better than the aftermarket ;)

Here's some photos of an aftermarket rubber strap and deployant.
    It fits very nicely and the rubber is soft and supple. For £30 it was good opportunity to see how the deployant suits.
    So far I am very pleased with it. And now have to think really hard whether splashing out £360 for a genuine strap and deployant is worth it?

That is lovely. Don't suppose you know if they would fit a 2221.80 seamaster? Would love one in blue for my seamaster if they do it??

Craftsman
    I've had the 2254.50 in more or less constant use for 8 years and still absolutely love it. It's been serviced recently and had a new bezel due to a nasty scratch I picked up on my Stag do also had the bracelet refinished by Omega/Swatch. Money well spent I say as literally as good as new again now.

It's a cracking watch and one I'll likely never sell.

The blue ones haven't aged as gracefully in my opinion; Plus Swords over Skeleton Hands every time.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I`m not a fan of rubber straps but this one looks fine to me. Money well spent, can the genuine Omega one really be 12 times better?

Paul
    I doubt it Paul, though the genuine rubber strap maybe thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Some of the softer, more compliant rubber straps attract dust like there is no tomorrow. This one looks ok from your picture, but how is your experience with it so far?

I would still try and get hold of a 98000085 for this dive watch - you don't need a deployant and i'm confident it is significantly cheaper - more so if you manage to pick one up from here second hand. It fits perfectly, looks the part, and i'd reckon it is at least five times better than the aftermarket ;)
    So far so good Colin, it is really comfortable to wear. Just need to see how it fairs with wear & tear.
    Though getting a genuine pin and buckle rubber strap, is a great alternative. Currently I am enjoying the watch being on a deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    That is lovely. Don't suppose you know if they would fit a 2221.80 seamaster? Would love one in blue for my seamaster if they do it??
    I don't see why not :)

Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post

I believe anything that fits the 2254.50 will fit the 2221.80. Not sure it is available in blue though?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    I believe anything that fits the 2254.50 will fit the 2221.80. Not sure it is available in blue though?
    think i might have to get one for my 2254. is the deployant branded? if so isn't that straying into dodgy territory though?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Yes, the deployant is branded both on the inside and outside of the clasp.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    think i might have to get one for my 2254. is the deployant branded? if so isn't that straying into dodgy territory though?
    Not sure whether you can claim a letter of the Greek alphabet as an exclusive trademark!

Generic Omega acrylic crystals are available with the Omega symbol in the middle....shame the qualitie's crap though. Tried one, broke the bloody thing fitting it............to quote a famous rock band 'Won't Get Fooled Again'

I wore an Aqua Terra on a generic deployant strap fitted to an unbranded generic clasp. It was fine, the lack of branding never bothered me once. I think we all get too hung up on the branded thing where straps and clasp are concerned, but it's taken me a good few years to realise that.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Not sure whether you can claim a letter of the Greek alphabet as an exclusive trademark!
    You can try!

https://www.lawanswers.com.au/blog/o...l-greek-to-me/

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    You could simplify you decision making by boiling it down to:

Blue/Black
    Modern/Vintage
    Skeleton/Sword

I like the SMPc but I'm guessing most on here will tell you to go for the 2254, the hand style usually makes the decision.
    Both very nice watches, good luck.
    Do Omega do (or have they done) a blue wave dial with sword hands?

Quote Originally Posted by D_redd View Post
    Do Omega do (or have they done) a blue wave dial with sword hands?
    https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...eter/22558000/

Master
    Gotta be the 2254. Mine was a keeper from day one and a future classic for sure!