closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hope that Seiko Grand will listen to me one day...

Hope that Seiko Grand will listen to me one day...

I really like this watch but for the same money, you could pick up a submariner with change.

Quote Originally Posted by drhexagon View Post
    I really like this watch but for the same money, you could pick up a submariner with change.
    You'd also not look like a complete clown wearing a 47mm watch

I agree the GS is too large but there's a bit of a difference between a Submariner and this. GS is hand assembled and hand polished, has a longer power reserve and high beat movement. Submariner is machine made and commonly seen...

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    I agree the GS is too large but there's a bit of a difference between a Submariner and this. GS is hand assembled and hand polished, has a longer power reserve and high beat movement. Submariner is machine made and commonly seen...
    Unfortunately for GS, the biggest factor for many when making a purchase is retention of value.

Unfortunately for GS, the biggest factor for many when making a purchase is retention of value.
    I can tell you that when I bought my Snowflake, that wasn't what I was thinking at all. I wanted that watch and nobody else did one quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I can tell you that when I bought my Snowflake, that wasn't what I was thinking at all. I wanted that watch and nobody else did one quite like it.
    Did you pay full retail?

Master
    Strange as it may seem, many people buy things because they like and want them . Having 'the market' determine what watch you buy seems limiting and joyless. If I don't want (say) a Rolex Sub, then it isn't a sensible buy, regardless of 'value'. And if the watch you do want depreciates badly, just keep it. There is more to life than buying and selling stuff.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Rubbish,

The assembly and regulating of the movements are carried out entirely by hand, by highly skilled operators and watchmakers.

The dial markers whether precious gems or white gold batons / numerals are still applied by hand. As is the final case polishing and inspection.

Might be for many, which is a bit sad, but not for all. Anyway it's an obsession with Rolex as they can only be had at a small discount to RRP whereas GS can be found at a good discount secondhand or direct from Japan.