closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fitting new 93150 clasp

Craftsman

Fitting new 93150 clasp

Hi everyone,

I have a early 90's 16610 with the original 93150 bracelet.
    The Rolex emblem on the clasp has been polished to hell over the years and is in need of replacement, I have noticed the following on Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1824975386...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Can anyone tell me if its possible to change just the outer part rather than the whole clasp as the rest is fine and I would like to keep it original. I presume so considering he has removed it but how hard is it to re-fit?
    For £100 I am thinking of taking a punt on it.

Cheers

Master
    Well the clasp is really just made up of several components and can be dismantled pretty easily so I don't see why not.

Master
    Have a look at your old one, I don't think it is as straightforward as undoing screws it looks like it's pinned.

Craftsman
    Yes it does look pinned so not something I would be able to do but hopefully a relatively straight forward job for a shop?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Have a look at your old one, I don't think it is as straightforward as undoing screws it looks like it's pinned.
    Quote Originally Posted by GC2012 View Post
    Yes it does look pinned so not something I would be able to do but hopefully a relatively straight forward job for a shop?
    Sorry yes this is correct. The flip lock is pinned/riveted.

Grand Master
    Getting the riveted pins apart is the problem. I`ve never done it, can`t see an easy way of doing it either without marking the clasp. Not really a DIY job unless you know what you're doing, it's an expensive watch and it isn`t worth risking damage.

Paul

Craftsman
    Typical, so its not the easy straight forward job I thought it would be!
    I might try emailing a few companies such as William Rice and see if they have any in stock they could supply & fit.

Master
    Seth (The Watch Dealer) did one for me, it's not difficult but it has to be done correctly, go to his website and drop him an e-mail.

Craftsman
    Yes Seth is the chap to do this , tell him you are on this forum and I'm sure he will help you out with it .