closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Skydwellers

Smile

Not that you're biased at all?!?!?!? (@ Fords)

FWIW Everose rocks on the Skydweller and especially with the choc dial.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was asked yesterday to place a deposit down for the blue skydweller to ensure I get one this year. He told me there isn't enough coming to his chain and so salespeople are asking their top clients only to place a deposit to secure one, and that those without a deposit (at their chain) won't get a chance. Each salesperson is only allow one or two deposits.

This is odd, as they aren't asking the same for th seadweller or daytonas (which they allocate to the biggest clients first).

I suspect Rolex will really limit these. They have had a great reasponse, its raised the profile of the whole range again so why wouldn't they control supply of the steels, makes sense to me.

By year end will be interesting to see how rare these and the seadwellers end up being.

Craftsman
    I'd like to like these, and been offered one - least high on list - fact is I just don't like them. Yes I get the movement, but leave me cold looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    I was asked yesterday to place a deposit down for the blue skydweller to ensure I get one this year. He told me there isn't enough coming to his chain and so salespeople are asking their top clients only to place a deposit to secure one, and that those without a deposit (at their chain) won't get a chance. Each salesperson is only allow one or two deposits.

This is odd, as they aren't asking the same for th seadweller or daytonas (which they allocate to the biggest clients first).

I suspect Rolex will really limit these. They have had a great reasponse, its raised the profile of the whole range again so why wouldn't they control supply of the steels, makes sense to me.

By year end will be interesting to see how rare these and the seadwellers end up being.
    My belief is these along with SD43 will settle down to be like other popular Rolex sport models- I.e popular and great sellers but not impossible to source. Not like Ceramic Daytonas.

Master
    Price gone up already - weren't these ( steel ) announced at £10250 ?, now £10600 !!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markrichardsonno9 View Post
    Price gone up already - weren't these ( steel ) announced at £10250 ?, now £10600 !!!
    Been a while since we have had a rolex price rise debate.

Quote Originally Posted by markrichardsonno9 View Post
    I looked at the Rolex website about a week after they were announced and I think it was showing £10,600 at the time.

£10,600 is right. That's what I'm paying for mine shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Anyone know of any other viewing events to take a look at these - I've been away for the ones closest to me and am away again for the Prestons one in Leeds too :(

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Anyone know of any other viewing events to take a look at these - I've been away for the ones closest to me and am away again for the Prestons one in Leeds too :(
    What date is that?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post

Lucky man! I've ordered one but I don't expect to see it for quite some time. Hope you post some pics of yours and enjoy it when it comes. What dial did you go for?

I've gone for the blue dial.

Just been into the AD and they are quoting end of June for a couple of pieces but they are uncertain what they will get. So, I guess it will be a lottery as to whether they get a blue one. They anticipate getting one every six months following on from the initial dispatch. I think it will be a couple of years at least before they become readily available from ADs.

All the info I have indicates the S/S Skydweller won't be here until July/August at the earliest so I hope your AD is correct.

Master
    I've gone for the blue dial.

Just been into the AD and they are quoting end of June for a couple of pieces but they are uncertain what they will get. So, I guess it will be a lottery as to whether they get a blue one. They anticipate getting one every six months following on from the initial dispatch. I think it will be a couple of years at noleast before they become readily available from ADs.
    I doubt that. They're launching steel and twotone simultaneously and the gold versions have been readily available. Im sure they have a big stack of movements they need to use up... Id expect them to be available and plentiful within the year.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    I doubt that. They're launching steel and twotone simultaneously and the gold versions have been readily available. Im sure they have a big stack of movements they need to use up... Id expect them to be available and plentiful within the year.
    A local AD here is getting 6 of each SS dial variants between now and April next year!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    A local AD here is getting 6 of each SS dial variants between now and April next year!

Of each?! For what it's worth (and dealer relative sizes, etc.), my AD said they would get 3 SD43's for the year so maybe the Skydweller won't be that scarce.

Just reporting what I was told today. Time will tell I guess.

Journeyman
    Walked past DM Robinson in Manchester. Pretty sure they had 3 of the new 2017 watches on display this afternoon.
    A blue, white and a white dial with yellow gold.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Time2Go View Post
    Walked past DM Robinson in Manchester. Pretty sure they had 3 of the new 2017 watches on display this afternoon.
    A blue, white and a white dial with yellow gold.
    Here is a photo I took with my mobile:

Quote Originally Posted by Time2Go View Post
    Here is a photo I took with my mobile:
    Look like the sky dweller strange thought they was not out for months

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk

Demo models.

Look how they are set.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Look like the sky dweller strange thought they was not out for months

That's what I thought. Out on display and not allocated to people on waiting list.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Look how they are set.
    Agree with this. Also no price in front of these, but there are in front of the watches on the right

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Agree with this. Also no price in front of these, but there are in front of the watches on the right

Dummy/show pieces.

Master

Could be that's what the AD ordered at Basel? It's not completely at random that Rolex send out watches.

Craftsman
    Could be that's what the AD ordered at Basel? It's not completely at random that Rolex send out watches.
    This is their allocation, to me that's a lot and I think these will be readily available. I chose not to put a deposit down as the wait would be next year and I would be allocated the 6th piece.

Craftsman
    This is their allocation, to me that's a lot and I think these will be readily available. I chose not to put a deposit down as the wait would be next year and I would be allocated the 6th piece.

No - DM Robinson AD confirmed these are show pieces. Supplied by Rolex as part of their current promotion. No movements inside.

Quote Originally Posted by tom waring View Post
    No - DM Robinson AD confirmed these are show pieces. Supplied by Rolex as part of their current promotion. No movements inside.
    Thanks for confirming what we thought Tom.

Is that the current promotion for the skydeller most folk not going to get a sniff of unless you spent plenty with the AD etc...

Craftsman
    Is that the current promotion for the skydeller most folk not going to get a sniff of unless you spent plenty with the AD etc...

Here's what I was told (I rang to check in case they had somehow got an early delivery....):

Rolex UK are circulating a batch of promotion watches - i.e. no movements - to raise awareness to general public. (Most punters don't visit watch forums and haven't ever heard of Baselworld).

In this AD's case they have clear instructions: they take a 20% deposit and guarantee that they allocate all they get in order of deposits taken. When they deliver the Sky Dwellers to customers they have a policy of (i) remove all swing tags and (ii) they will keep the guarantee card in their safe for 12 months - to put off the flippers?

Anyway, that's all I know.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Here's what I was told (I rang to check in case they had somehow got an early delivery....):

Rolex UK are circulating a batch of promotion watches - i.e. no movements - to raise awareness to general public. (Most punters don't visit watch forums and haven't ever heard of Baselworld).

In this AD's case they have clear instructions: they take a 20% deposit and guarantee that they allocate all they get in order of deposits taken. When they deliver the Sky Dwellers to customers they have a policy of (i) remove all swing tags and (ii) they will keep the guarantee card in their safe for 12 months - to put off the flippers?

Oh I see happy to do all that long as I get one.
    But prestons told me even thou I went on day of launch Wednesday 23rd march to put my name was told recently last week more chance winning lotto than getting one

Blog Entries

I'm sure we'll all have to debate this at length. (Or not).

Craftsman
    Yup! Done to death on here already I agree.... but, I heard this first hand today. ☹️

Master
    was told recently last week more chance winning lotto than getting one

What , 11000,000 to one...for a mass produced watch. I think the AD needs to calm down.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    What , 11000,000 to one...for a mass produced watch. I think the AD needs to calm down.
    More like 45,000,000/1

Master
    It's a nice movement but let's face it the aesthetics of the watch leaves a lot to be desired.... it's a bit like the (Failure) day date II...

It'll be interesting to see how this goes after the initial rush...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Off topic, but this was the pick of the bunch!
    Stunning

I would have no problem with new controls to kill off the secondary market if it came from Rolex direct and all ADs were obliged to conform. I would happily buy a new Daytona under such conditions.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselk View Post
    Stunning
    Why comment on something which is already OT?

Master
    It's a nice movement but let's face it the aesthetics of the watch leaves a lot to be desired.... it's a bit like the (Failure) day date II...

It'll be interesting to see how this goes after the initial rush...
    I realize it has a complicated movement, and it will probably be more robust than the average AC but I was pretty surprised when I tried one on. It wore like an oversized chronograph fitted with a vj7750 - thick through the mid case. It's a lot of metal for what looks essentialy like a datejust.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I realize it has a complicated movement, and it will probably be more robust than the average AC but I was pretty surprised when I tried one on. It wore like an oversized chronograph fitted with a vj7750 - thick through the mid case. It's a lot of metal for what looks essentialy like a datejust.
    I tried the new datejust, felt too thin to me. Does look nice though.

An AD told me today that these are going to be much harder to source than SD43.

I think SD 43 is going to come down in price rather quickly.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 27th May 2017 at 02:43.

Master
    I tried the new datejust, felt too thin to me. Does look nice though.

That's a good looking watch. It would be even better looking with black hands and indices.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The fact that Rolex are sending out promo models says to me that Rolex are keen to shift them. That's pretty unusual move from the Swiss hype machine.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    That's a good looking watch. It would be even better looking with black hands and indices.
    They could make some really nice variations!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    The fact that Rolex are sending out promo models says to me that Rolex are keen to shift them. That's pretty unusual move from the Swiss hype machine.
    I was thinking about the same, were they doing promo models in the past?

I also thought the use of interviews with Roger Federer talking about his new Skydweller seemed full on - presumably a tool like that can't get used very often

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vcarter View Post
    I was thinking about the same, were they doing promo models in the past?
    Not that I recall, but they're fighting a market downturn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJ View Post
    They could make some really nice variations!

I just want a new buckley dial. I love those.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post

There are only two sets in the UK.