closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can you still buy the discontinued models at AD this month?

Journeyman

Can you still buy the discontinued models at AD this month?

Hello,

I have been saving for a 116300 in blue for a few months, with the goal to buy next month.

I am a little bit wet behind the ears still, so I am hoping a seasoned collector may be able to shed a bit of light on what I do now?

It appears that it has been taken off of the website and replaced with the Datejust41 in black or white. However, I really have my heart set on the blue one.

Will they still be around in ADs or will they be told to stopped selling them? I assume that production would have ceased in preparation but I really want to get one next month.

Any help will be massively appreciated!

Thanks

There will be stock

I have just bought one new this week, in blue ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

I don't see ADs being told to stop selling watches, more a case of sell existing stock and discontinued models will not be replaced. Now is the time to hunt a watch if you know it is in the throws of being discontinued.

I remember in 2010 buying a TT blue dial Submariner and they had both the old model and the new ceramic model in - you could buy either. After a few weeks you couldn't buy the old model anymore other than second hand.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I don't see ADs being told to stop selling watches, more a case of sell existing stock and discontinued models will not be replaced. Now is the time to hunt a watch if you know it is in the throws of being discontinued.

I remember in 2010 buying a TT blue dial Submariner and they had both the old model and the new ceramic model in - you could buy either. After a few weeks you couldn't buy the old model anymore other than second hand.
    I absolutely agree with Ken here OP. If you can afford it now, and you don't like the new Baselworld releases, you should probably look to get hold of the watch you want sooner rather than later. I can't say for sure what they have available, but if you called Leonard Dews in Blackpool, they still had some Datejust models in their 15% discount clear out as of Tuesday afternoon.

Grand Master
    I don`t know if it still applies, but in the past you could get the dial changed free of charge on Datejusts if the model in stock didn`t have the dial you wanted.

I think there's a clear consensus; if the OP wants that specific watch/dial combo he needs to act now.

Paul

They might not be told to stop selling, and it's not the same with steel compared to precious metal - but the larger 41mm in platinum and gold were sent back to Rolex when the DD40 was released!
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    It really says something that the word 'Rolex' wasn't typed until the 6th post of this thread

Master
    So what do Rolex do with the returns - sell them thro' an outlet in a Swiss village somewhere or strip them down and use them as spares stock?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rodan View Post
    It really says something that the word 'Rolex' wasn't typed until the 6th post of this thread

Maybe it is considered 'cool' to just refer to the model numbers,whatever the brand
    Not much help for newbies, for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Maybe it is considered 'cool' to just refer to the model numbers,whatever the brand
    Not much help for newbies, for sure !
    Come on, I referred to a two tone blue faced Submariner - are you suggesting that newbies don't know who makes them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    So what do Rolex do with the returns - sell them thro' an outlet in a Swiss village somewhere or strip them down and use them as spares stock?
    Change the bezel colour and re-release as new model.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Come on, I referred to a two tone blue faced Submariner - are you suggesting that newbies don't know who makes them.

Was in fact referring to the OP....