closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Rolex seadweller 4000 discontinued-values up?

Master
    Seriously flawed? You mean something like the hands went anti-clockwise?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    and after the rush the price will settle down and demand will tail off…….

No it won't

Rolex seadweller 4000 discontinued-values up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Why's the demand up. They've not changed in any way. People suddenly wanting what they can't get so prices rise.

From my understanding it was considered a seriously flawed watch until discontinued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously flawed? No. It was expensive compared to a Sub to Non Wis people, which is why it didn't sell.

Last edited by Andyp1973; 22nd May 2017 at 22:25.

[...]From my understanding it was considered a seriously flawed watch until discontinued.
    Flawed in which way exactly?

I reckon it's as good as it gets for a ceramic-era Rolex, and the only minor complaint I have is the too-far-inboard date window; I'd either want a Cyclops added (an unpopular opinion, I know) or the date window repositioned slightly a bit so it's properly aligned. And it's far from being the worst offender out there when it comes to this detail.

Other than that, I genuinely can't find any faults with it.

All the talk of values is quite disheartening to be honest.

Master
    and after the rush the price will settle down and demand will tail off…….
    Actually I am not sure it will. Price is driven by demand and supply, for a modern Rolex it had a very short run and wasn't a commercial success.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    No it won't
    we will see………..It wont continue at 11-11.5k !! Would be interesting to know how many people had this before it was discontinued.Genuine lovers of the watch who bought it ages ago,I remember trying one on and although it was ok but I preferred my 16600 SD and my cash, but then bought the DSSD because that was a different enough watch for me,so what do I know.A lot of folk are just buying for the cash return…they hope(all my opinion of course)
    Last edited by peter2704; 22nd May 2017 at 22:41.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    My opinion - and that's all it is - BNIB SDc's will start trading at about the SD43 (as I am christening it) retail. Disclaimer - I have a BNIB SDc tucked away in its shipping coffin. It's. It's not for sale though. Meantime...
    Feeling like a pretty solid prediction now...

For my next trick... 16600s going to £6k for mint examples. Disclaimer - I have just bought a mint 16600!

Craftsman
    I like the SD4K, it has nice proportions and all in all is a nice watch. However, before it was discontinued it wasnt a popular, to the point that it was sold for under RRP which when you compare it to a deep blue or BLNR theres a big difference. I understand it had been released for longer than some of the other popular models, but prices seem ridiculous since being discontinued giving the unpopularity when it was in production. Again im not slating the SD4K as I like the watch, just seems like panic buying from tescos at christmas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchaddict View Post
    I like the SD4K, it has nice proportions and all in all is a nice watch. However, before it was discontinued it wasnt a popular, to the point that it was sold for under RRP which when you compare it to a deep blue or BLNR theres a big difference. I understand it had been released for longer than some of the other popular models, but prices seem ridiculous since being discontinued giving the unpopularity when it was in production. Again im not slating the SD4K as I like the watch, just seems like panic buying from tescos at christmas.
    I would also suggest history shows that short production run, unpopular SS Rolex's are sought after later down the line and people want to get their foot in the door early.

Master
    we will see………..It wont continue at 11-11.5k !! Would be interesting to know how many people had this before it was discontinued.Genuine lovers of the watch who bought it ages ago,I remember trying one on and although it was ok but I preferred my 16600 SD and my cash, but then bought the DSSD because that was a different enough watch for me,so what do I know.A lot of folk are just buying for the cash return…they hope(all my opinion of course)
    I've had mine for 2 years now. Bought it because I liked it. Had tried the 16600 before buying but the bracelet and clasp really didn't seem as good as the rest of the watch on the older version.

Master

Rolex seadweller 4000 discontinued-values up?

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    If by seriously flawed, you mean perfectly balanced, sized and proportioned, then Yes.

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk
    Maybe, but first thoughts were top heavy and a dislike for the markers all around the bezel.

Anyway. There's no doubt the discontinuation has pushed the price up. Until then it was one of the only SS sports Rolex being sold new and used for significantly under rrp. That says something.

Last edited by Rodder; 22nd May 2017 at 23:03.

Master
    Maybe, but first thoughts were top heavy and a dislike for the markers all around the bezel.

Anyway. There's no doubt the discontinuation has pushed the price up. Until then it was one of the only SS sports Rolex being sold new and used for significantly under rrp. That says something.

In my opinion, it says it was under appreciated.

The answer to the title of the thread is 'yes', as it was always going to be.

Master
    The money game is now to predict what will be discontinued at Basel next year. DSSD? Will the EXP2 move to a ceramic bezel a la Daytona? Will the two colour GMT2 SS bezel go to Pepsi or Coke and the BLNR be discontinued? Will the red script vanish from the 43mm Dweller?

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    The money game is now to predict what will be discontinued at Basel next year. DSSD? Will the EXP2 move to a ceramic bezel a la Daytona? Will the two colour GMT2 SS bezel go to Pepsi or Coke and the BLNR be discontinued? Will the red script vanish from the 43mm Dweller?

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    A ceramic EXP2 would be great!!!

Why's the demand up. They've not changed in any way. People suddenly wanting what they can't get so prices rise.

From my understanding it was considered a seriously flawed watch until discontinued.

I own a SD4k and had no idea that it was flawed, seriously even, it's a good job I read these threads to educate myself....

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I own a SD4k and had no idea that it was flawed, seriously even, it's a good job I read these threads to educate myself....
    Yes deeply flawed to the point of being unusable.

Fortunately I'm feeling in a charitable mood so I'll allow you to send the watch to me and let me suffer in your place.

I won't even charge you for the privilege!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    'Some considered'. I may be wrong but it didn't have rave reviews when released.

It's status went up when discontinued. Maybe due to speculation or maybe due to being under appreciated.

It's up for discussion which is surely the point of this forum.

Craftsman

Just a reminder of W44NNE's iconic review :)

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ther-thread!-D

This is the reason I got one, and hasn't been off the wrist since - hype or no hype

Like I mentioned earlier ,there will of been a lot trying to jump on the boat before it sailed.I admit I tried to get one when I heard it was discontinued and obviously demand fuels prices,but previous to that it wasn't a favourite of mine .I like my DSSD better
    Last edited by peter2704; 23rd May 2017 at 15:05.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaster View Post

This is the reason I got one, and hasn't been off the wrist since - hype or no hype
    Thank you donations to be made to... Glad you still love it. Still imo one of the best watches ever created. The all-round, go anywhere, do anything watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Thank you donations to be made to... Glad you still love it. Still imo one of the best watches ever created. The all-round, go anywhere, do anything watch.
    Absolutley! Glad I flipped the DSSD and kept the SD4k. 4k on the wrist, SD43 in the safe as I'm terrified to wear it.

Thumbs up

Absolutley! Glad I flipped the DSSD and kept the SD4k. 4k on the wrist, SD43 in the safe as I'm terrified to wear it.

Come on man, life's too short to stick a lump of metal in the safe...!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    This, peel those stickers and wear it like a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemaster View Post

Same here. I wonder just how many SD4K's were sold on the back of W44NNE's review?

Didn't you call the SD43 an abortion ? What has changed ?

Master
    i don't recall any less than great reviews before getting one - or after.............

I was fence sitting when I first got one http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=rolex

But after a short while: "I've well and truly jumped off the fence and the conclusion is (as anyone that has picked up one of these seems to already know) is that the Rolex SD-C get's a big thumbs up!" http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=rolex

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Didn't you call the SD43 an abortion ? What has changed ?
    Did I? Don't remember that....
    Last edited by 33JS; 23rd May 2017 at 22:41.

Master
    Like this?

:-)

Smile

Did I? Don't remember that....

Sent from my SM-G355H using Tapatalk

Same time you sent me a PM offering it at £7500.......eh......you don't recall that too......tut, tut.....

(Something about it getting dirty whilst on a bike and therefore surplus to the collection?!)

Master
    Same time you sent me a PM offering it at £7500.......eh......you don't recall that too......tut, tut.....
    For a shot...

Master

(Something about it getting dirty whilst on a bike and therefore surplus to the collection?!)
    Is it the done thing on this forum to publicly parade PM content without the consent of both parties ? Genuine question. I have nothing to hide before anyone asks the question of me.Seems bad form to me though.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gc52 View Post
    Is it the done thing on this forum to publicly parade PM content without the consent of both parties ? Genuine question. I have nothing to hide before anyone asks the question of me.Seems bad form to me though.

He's taking the pee! Or, if you prefer, I offered him an SD43 for £7.5k...when I spent £8,350 on the hottest piece right now that even WF would give me £12k+ for!

Master
    He's taking the pee! Or, if you prefer, I offered him an SD43 for £7.5k...when I spent £8,350 on the hottest piece right now that even WF would give me £12k+ for!
    Sorry, I missed the subtlety in the thread. Apologies for the unnecessary post above.

Gary

Master
    Sorry, I missed the subtlety in the thread. Apologies for the unnecessary post above.

Gary
    Nae worries, bit of late night jocularity...

Smile

Gary

Numpty! (JOKE)

Nae worries, bit of late night jocularity...

And I've not even been drinking....what a wag I am....

Passed an SD4K in an AD window today, sitting unsold at list (about ¥1.05m).

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    All the talk of values is quite disheartening to be honest.
    It is. The land of the falling pound has revealed quite a few hopeful speculators wrapped in horophile cloth.