closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Why does my iPad constantly have to reload web pages!

Master

Why does my iPad constantly have to reload web pages!

Hi guys is anyone else having the same problem I use safari to browse the web and I always get the message saying a problem occurred and the web needs needs to be reloaded and it does it again and again it is driving me mad so any solutions?

Andy

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Happens to mine also!!

Mine habitually does it with the Mail Online- do you think it is trying to tell me something?

Which browser? I prefer Chrome over Safari.

I always use Chrome on the iPad and never have any issues ... you would think safari would be trouble free though on any Apple product!

Which iPad do you have? The browser is running out of memory so it automatically suspends web pages until it has enough free memory.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Which iPad do you have? The browser is running out of memory so it automatically suspends web pages until it has enough free memory.
    I am using Safari on an iPad air

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    But if that was by design, then I don't see why safari would report that a problem occurred (as there was no problem, it was done intentionally). You're not wrong with what you've said, it's exactly the same on android, but the "a problem has occurred" seems to be a different thing than just not keeping tabs in memory.

I have never had that problem with mine and am using safari. Have you tried a hard reset?

Chris

Master
    A lot of us at work were given iPad 2s and all now have this problem I think it's due to them getting old and the iOS updates constantly increasing in size and taking up memory

Go into settings, then safari, then hit "clear cookies and website data"

That will help.

Then go into the advanced page at the bottom of the same safari settings page, click the top link and then edit and delete all the pages listed. This can't take a while and a lot of tapping to complete.

Finally, double click the home button, swipe up on each app to close them all, and then do a hard reset (hold the on/off button and home button together for about 10 seconds, until the screen goes black and the apple logo reappears.

Should get you back up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    A lot of us at work were given iPad 2s and all now have this problem I think it's due to them getting old and the iOS updates constantly increasing in size and taking up memory
    I have a ipad 2 but haven't been able to upgrade the iOS for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    I have a ipad 2 but haven't been able to upgrade the iOS for ages.

It is worth keeping hold of these, as I believe their value is now increasing amongst collectors and antique dealers lol Sorry.

It's most likely due to a lack or ram or too many pages open (also a lack of ram).

Close down your background apps and any unnecessary tabs. Be sure to check regular and private browsing.

Toxic sites will do also this - junky pop up clickbait 'news' sites are amongst the worst. Is it on any specific site / sites?

Happens on newspaper sites which carry a lot of adverts. Sites like the Daily Mirror have the content on top of video adverts and iPads can't cope with loading all the content especially if you have pop up blockers switched on. Telegraph is he only paper that works well for me. There's a moral here...

Master
    Same here Ipad 1 ( even rarer and approaching 5513 money), when on a newspaper and expand text , then message page reloading. I would agree with comments above its all the streaming / videos/ ads that are pre caching that causes the problem.
    Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It's most likely due to a lack or ram or too many pages open (also a lack of ram).

Close down your background apps and any unnecessary tabs. Be sure to check regular and private browsing.
    I don't have any pages open or apps running but it does happen on newspaper sites more than others when I think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    It is worth keeping hold of these, as I believe their value is now increasing amongst collectors and antique dealers lol Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    lol, cheeky!

I had the same issues a while back ( ipad air & ipad air 2) . Advice i found was , settings ...safari and unclick open new tabs in background, seems to have improved the situation a great deal on both work and private ipads,