closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Non Apple Tablet

Craftsman

Non Apple Tablet

I'm looking into getting a replacement tablet. Would prefer Android or perhaps Windows at a push. Ideally no bigger that 10" or smaller than 8" screen. Must be LTE 4G and have Android M or better as well as a decent screen res.

Looking to spend up to £400. Struggling to find many options that are available other than Samsung S2 Tab, which may be the best option? Any thoughts or advice will be gratefully accepted.

Master
    There is an LTE version of the surface 3. I've the non-LTE version, and as a tablet, it is just fine (although because it is designed to be a laptop and a tablet, the tablet experience is naturally not as refined and seamless as an android device. You also have the "issue" of very few apps, but then I've never used apps on mine as the full blown version of the software is better. Being an x86 system you can install anything you would on a normal PC. I also can't comment on how well LTE works. It's also thicker than an android tablet. You might be able to find one at a good price though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    There is an LTE version of the surface 3. I've the non-LTE version, and as a tablet, it is just fine (although because it is designed to be a laptop and a tablet, the tablet experience is naturally not as refined and seamless as an android device. You also have the "issue" of very few apps, but then I've never used apps on mine as the full blown version of the software is better. Being an x86 system you can install anything you would on a normal PC. I also can't comment on how well LTE works. It's also thicker than an android tablet. You might be able to find one at a good price though.
    Thanks. Quick check says these are £700ish?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finners View Post
    Thanks. Quick check says these are £700ish?
    Amazon have the 64/2gb model for £400. They also sell the 128/4gb for 700, but that price is nonsense. You could buy a pro model for that money.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Google Pixel C ticks all your boxes, except for the LTE bit... although you could create a wireless hotspot on your phone (which is what I do with mine).

The optional keyboard is excellent, too.

I have a Lenovo 7 inch tablet and it's excellent. My main use is for books, music and internet and it does all those easily. They do a large range in different sizes and most are very reasonable.

Seriously, I have a google nexus 7 and I would advise never, ever buy anything with the name "google" in the title. Believe me, you'll thank me for it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Seriously, I have a google nexus 7 and I would advise never, ever buy anything with the name "google" in the title. Believe me, you'll thank me for it.

Really ? Why's that ? I've had a Nexus 7 (series I and II), have two Nexus 5s that the kids now use, a Pixel C and a Chromebook Pixel and have never problems with any of them. You don't get regular firmware updates with OEM brands.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Why? I've a nexus 10 and 2012 nexus 7 and I continue to use them to this day because I find them to be great tablets.

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the replies. Having spoken to a friend I decided that LTE is not really required as I can use my mobile as a hotspot. I'd thought that this would be data hungry and a total faf, seems I thought wrong! So I've gone with an Android option - the ASUS ZenPad 3s 10. Similar spec to a Samsung S2 Tab but £100 cheaper.

Sent from my P027 using TZ-UK mobile app

The Microsoft tablets are pretty good.