closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Compact camera options?

Master
    Blog Entries

Compact camera options?

I have a holiday coming up and wouldnt mind a decent compact. At the moment i have a Fujifilm XS-1 but hardly used it because of the size and find my LG G4 camera to be pretty good for point and shoot.

I never take my phone on holiday and the little samsung camera we normaly take is on its last legs. Im also thinking if i had a decent compact camera i would use it more at events etc.

budget is around £200 which i know is low but maybe be able to push a little. In light of this i suppose i need to look at models that are end of life or second hand.

Craftsman
    The answer will depend on what you're looking for, too many variables to advise without you explaining all of your preferences eg if size takes precedent over lens quality etc.

Possibly best to Google it and do a bit of reading.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Something that will fit in the pocket. Have a good auto feature but also have manual control.

Good video recording 1080p

I was going to recommend a Panasonic Lumix but looking at the range, the TZ starts at 250 so out of your price range unless you can find one on offer.

I too would have said "just buy the highest model Panasonic TZ you can afford"

I've had a TZ7 for about 12 years and it's been amazing (still use it all the time).

They always get great reviews and do pretty much everything you need unless you are REALLY serious about photography (I've a DSLR for that).

Pocket size helps too.

Cheers,

Mark C

Craftsman
    Maybe just get a phone with a better camera. The Samsung S7 is pretty good.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Finners View Post
    Maybe just get a phone with a better camera. The Samsung S7 is pretty good.
    My LG G4 camera is pretty awesome tbh. I just want a decent standalone camera for when i do not have my phone.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the budget is going to have to be upped. Was looking at the canon G9x which seems a great camera but the RX100 III seems to have gripped me. It seems to tick all the boxes for me such as pocketable, EVF, top IQ, Good video recording. All apart from price :(

Hopefully Easter bank holiday might throw some decent prices up.

Craftsman
    I asked this a few weeks ago. The Panasonic TZ100 seems to be the one to go for, but it is another £300 on top of your budget unfortunately.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    I asked this a few weeks ago. The Panasonic TZ100 seems to be the one to go for, but it is another £300 on top of your budget unfortunately.
    The tz100 looks a very good camera indeed but being just shy of 115mm long and 55mm thick takes it out of the 'pocketable' range. I would probably be leaving it at home when going to shows etc. Also having a separate flash makes it awkward.