closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Favour needed

Master
    Blog Entries

Seiko Favour needed

Hi chaps, I don't suppose anybody on here has one of these:

And if so, could they tell me roughly how deep the case back is please? Its for a silly project...

Thanks
    Dave

Master
    I'm afraid I can't help with the query Dave, but I am very intrigued by the project you have in mind!

Do tell us more...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Basically, I'm trying to create my perfect Seiko. SPORK case, GS GMT movement with a custom rubber strap.
    The rubber strap is work in progress, see here ( http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-an-experiment ), I think I'm happy with the design of that so am looking for a manufacturer to knock up a batch for me.
    The movement is sourced, and it fits in the SPORK case. There are a couple of problems, (stem too short, crown needs moving etc). The current problem is the original case back is too shallow to accommodate the GMT movement. I could go down the route of custom building one but I'd like to keep as much as possible stock Seiko. This case back looks a lot deeper so I'm hoping it will cover the movement, assuming I can find one!

Here is the project so far...

Dave

Master
    Blog Entries
    The manual wind thread reminded me of this issue. Can anyone help with a suggestion of a caseback like the one above?