timefactors watches

Thread: Pam 664 value

Journeyman

Pam 664 value

Can anyone offer a steer as to what a minty 664 might fetch? The limited editions can be tricky to price right. (And no it's not going on SC for avoidance of doubt.)

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PamFan View Post
    Can anyone offer a steer as to what a minty 664 might fetch? The limited editions can be tricky to price right. (And no it's not going on SC for avoidance of doubt.)

Cheers
    Given it is one of 50 then it's a pretty wide question.

It will always difficult to pitch on price and it will (I suspect) be POA on any commercial seller sites. Even with the initial 'rush' to buy it is pretty much what the seller wants to pitch it at.

By no means a comparison, I bought a limited edition Bremont at list (P51 Mustang). After a couple of years ownership I decided to sell. I made some tentative enquiries via the guy that helped me track it down and made just shy of 3k on the original price. During the process I asked a few of the reputable dealers who buy and sell and they were reluctant to offer a price and took the 'what do you want' stance. A few weeks after I let it go, it appeared on one of the dealers websites at twice the original price - it stuck for ages and I believe it has sold but I am unaware of the sale price.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Has there's none about you could ask what you want ,but obviously someone as to want one,just price it reasonably if your wanting to sell,probably best to put it on paneristi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a Pam 24 with an engraved case back! So whilst the Walter Mitty sell a romantic military story brigade will try and market it at silly money its only actually relevant to you if you are a clearance diver in which case you would have been able to buy it at the slightly reduced rate Panerai made them for them at.

I personally don't get it after 30 years in the military in a few interesting jobs I have never felt nor understood the guys in the unit that wanted to market a watch with a Regt Crest I was always more happy knowing Id been there seen it down it and wear a Regt Tie occasionally and when I meet with Ex and serving colleagues the story is always the same in that the real heroes don't wear there badges on the outside its usually the Regimental Scrotes and hangers on that want to monopolise on their brief ex service but the good news is they are the ones we don't have to talk to or stand next to at social events anymore.

Im sure in 30 years time all my old watches will be sold with the kudos of having belonged to an Ex Army Officer and having his name on the papers and then we can add all the war stories to that about how I engaged the Taliban naked wearing just a Submariner deflecting bullets with it explaining the slight dink in the dial at 12 O Clock. and the watch I am currently hiding up my ass will be available this time next week.

Oh the answer to the question is in my eyes its worth just a smudge less than a standard 24 but to some it might be worth more
    Follow Me on: Instagram Twitter

"When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

Has it sold yet?

Journeyman
    Thanks for all the input. To answer the last post, no it hasn't between last night and this morning.