closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Basel ordering

Craftsman

Basel ordering

Hi all, I'm looking to be at Prestons in Guildford at opening to order whatever delights are launched at Basel on Thursday. Looking for another seadweller if that happens. If not then something else steel.

Has anyone on here dealt with them before?
    Is there another Surrey/Sussex dealer I should be looking at too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck with whatever you're after.

Think you will find they already have lists running!

Why?

Serious Q - ordering on the back of internet rumours is not something I would consider.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    In my experience, not until specific references are allocated to the models.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    In my experience, not until specific references are allocated to the models.
    People with good relationships with the AD will go in and say if X, y or z is release I would like one. The AD will oblige.

In answer to the OP. These "lists" are not first come first served.

Master
    I am already on a list for possible GMT Coke and a possible Seadweller, my Ad was more then happy to do so.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a feeling people will be underwhelmed this year

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    Ive got my name down at 3 AD's for a anniversary seadweller to go with my anniversary sub
    Probably won't happen at Basel anyway

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I am already on a list for possible GMT Coke and a possible Seadweller, my Ad was more then happy to do so.
    What, to add you to a list? No wonder.
    I am talking about actually getting one of the first. AD relationship plus specific model reference, equals early delivery of a new model.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Ive got my name down at 3 AD's for a anniversary seadweller to go with my anniversary sub
    So you have your name down for a rumour?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Then you will be disappointed threefold.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    People with good relationships with the AD will go in and say if X, y or z is release I would like one. The AD will oblige.

There are lists. And then there are customers who are not on those lists. That is where you want to be, trust me.😉 It works.

Master
    There are lists. And then there are customers who are not on those lists. That is where you want to be, trust me. It works.
    Totally agree, yes it does work 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Why?

Serious Q - ordering on the back of internet rumours is not something I would consider.
    +1.

Banned
    Why?

I'm on the list for new steel sports, covers a wide range.

Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post

^^This^^

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    What, to add you to a list? No wonder.
    I am talking about actually getting one of the first. AD relationship plus specific model reference, equals early delivery of a new model.
    ^^^This^^^

So you have your name down for a rumour?
    Yep.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco81 View Post
    Hi all, I'm looking to be at Prestons in Guildford at opening to order whatever delights are launched at Basel on Thursday. Looking for another seadweller if that happens. If not then something else steel.

I have bought a few from them,very nice team in there and a pleasure to deal with.i doubt they have ghost lists but they will have preferred customers as all businesses do. Enjoy the day,i cant make it til saturday.

Craftsman

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    I have bought a few from them,very nice team in there and a pleasure to deal with.i doubt they have ghost lists but they will have preferred customers as all businesses do. Enjoy the day,i cant make it til saturday.

Craftsman
    Im in the hunt for an SD, I have no relationship with a dealer. We all have to start somewhere.
    I'm more than willing to wait for the watch and would be more than happy to leave warranty cards with the dealer for any amount of time as I would have no desire to sell.
    Would any dealer take this into account? I doubt it.
    Its a little disheartening, I asked to be on a waiting list for a SD in Nov. Last year. I'm keen to call to see if I was ever really kept on file as a potential customer?

Craftsman
    Sorry, using spare tablet and its not going well is it!!

Master

Basel ordering

Lists just dun really exist....I tested this out recently and asked my work colleague to call a an AD i have a very good relationship with (over 5 years £60K + spend) and he asked them for a 5711, 5712 etc and they told him around 3-5 years depending roughly and they can add him to the "list". A day later i sent an email to them asking for a 5711 and they told me i can get one in 4 weeks if i wanted. 5990, was told 6 months i can leap frog the allocation etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks. I'll be in there hopefully doing business on something nice.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Lists just dun really exist....I tested this out recently and asked my work colleague to call a an AD i have a very good relationship with (over 5 years £60K + spend) and he asked them for a 5711, 5712 etc and they told him around 3-5 years depending roughly and they can add him to the "list". A day later i sent an email to them asking for a 5711 and they told me i can get one in 4 weeks if i wanted. 5990, was told 6 months i can leap frog the allocation etc

They must really like you.
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Why?

Agree 100%.........how do you know you want something thst you've never seen?

At the risk of being called a cynic, the potential for making a quick buck has to be the motivation for doing this.

Well, if you can't beat 'em join 'em, might just do the same myself then I can either gloat or feel quietly smug about making a profit if the deal comes off comes off.

It's all gone crazy.

Paul

My experience today after the Rolex seadweller announcement went like this , I called my AD IN Norwich to order the seadweller and was told point blank they are not taking orders at all because " we do not know what allocation we will receive , ok I said so a waiting list then ? They said " we are not running any lists either" by now I was very confused and asked " how do I go about buying a watch from a Rolex AD then ? The answer was "we will contact existing customers and give them first refusal when the pieces come in if you are local to us "
    What do make of this ?

Sounds like they're looking after their regulars, can't fault that.

Not at all, I am a regular though and they new who was calling!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oysterman View Post
    My experience today after the Rolex seadweller announcement went like this , I called my AD IN Norwich to order the seadweller and was told point blank they are not taking orders at all because " we do not know what allocation we will receive , ok I said so a waiting list then ? They said " we are not running any lists either" by now I was very confused and asked " how do I go about buying a watch from a Rolex AD then ? The answer was "we will contact existing customers and give them first refusal when the pieces come in if you are local to us "
    What do make of this ?
    I literally had word for the exact same spec relayed to me by three AD's. one of which I have been a customer with. This one telling me that the wait will be between 3-4 years. Personally I hate the new SD but have shown my interest and provisionally put my name down. At this stage no AD knows anything about allocation as all the buyers are at Basel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They must really like you.
    I kinda prefer this that they take regulars.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

It's all gone crazy.
    and then there are still threads expressing wonderment about the steep increase of prices over the past decades. It has become totally detached from the tangible product.

Craftsman
    Any watch over £10 is a luxury. A £5 Casio will do the same job as any watch. And maybe even better. But that's. or the point of this hobbie we have. And as long as we pay these prices and have a weak currency they will seem expensive.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Any watch over £10 is a luxury. A £5 Casio will do the same job as any watch. And maybe even better. But that's. or the point of this hobbie we have. And as long as we pay these prices and have a weak currency they will seem expensive.
    Not quite.
    Some like/collect watches for the horology; the science of measuring time; the art of making instruments for indicating time. Combining the two gets us state of the art of indicating accurately measured time.
    No brand added value needed for that, nor image, nor status.
    Ok, watch collecting is a luxury on itself. It does not however follow that this involves luxury watches AT ALL
    Never mind AD lists....