closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for Retro Diver for me!!

Looking for Retro Diver for me!!

Hello!! people...

I am Raun looking for some interesting retro diver watches thats worth money and a great tool.

Since you people have lot of experience so i am happy to be a part of this forum.

Thanks and love for all

Welcome to the forum. Squale make some nice retro divers. Good selection too.

Welcome indeed. I'd have a look at Armida....

Quote Originally Posted by raun cesar View Post
    Hello!! people...

I am Raun looking for some interesting retro diver watches thats worth money and a great tool.

Since you people have lot of experience so i am happy to be a part of this forum.

Thanks and love for all
    Hi Raun,

Totally depends on your budget - but the good news is there are loads of great 70's divers worth looking at. Do you have a preference for brand, or just open minded?
    So clever my foot fell off.

Do you mean an actual vintage diver that is now 'retro cool' or a newly manufactured diver designed to look like one from the 70s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Well worth a look at Borealis watches of Portugal. I have a Estoril 300 that I have been wearing for nearly 3 weeks constantly... a record for me as I generally change watches several times a day. Head over and see what you think!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Well worth a look at Borealis watches of Portugal. I have a Estoril 300 that I have been wearing for nearly 3 weeks constantly... a record for me as I generally change watches several times a day. Head over and see what you think!!

I really like this. Love the hands and the legibility of the dial. Looks good on that strap too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post

Unfortunately the Estoril has long been sold out. So the only possibility to get one is through the secondary market

Blog Entries
    The borealis store shows all out of stock / the entire collection.

Apprentice
    Have a look at Timefactors divers, they should fit the bill depending on who much you want to spend. Worth a post in the Time Factors forum for first hand info. http://www.timefactors.com/precista.htm

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Welcome to the forum Raun!

Loads of options available to you. I've just backed an unusual-looking Kickstarter watch, the Straton Syncro. It's certainly 70's looking. Perhaps the styling is more like a driving watch but it can certainly be used as a diver. 200m water resistance and you can select a dive bezel if you prefer it. Lots of unusual detailing to it and it comes in two sizes (40mm or 44mm), you can have either a super-accurate meca-quartz movement or a very good automatic made by Seiko. You can pick leather straps or a bracelet, and it comes with two more, very colourful NATO straps. There are 4 dial colours to choose from or an all-black (dial and case) model.

Personally I think it looks great and it might well fit what you're looking for.

Take a look here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ired-striped-d

Reviews here:

http://wornandwound.com/review/strat...-video-review/

https://www.fratellowatches.com/stra...o-chronograph/

and a sponsored review here:

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/straton-...-syncro-watch/

I've no affiliation with the company other than that I've already put my money where my mouth is. Just thought it worth a mention as the Kickstarter pricing makes it realistic as a purchase when perhaps post-Kickstarter it's a little on the pricey side!

Toby

Strangely a Borealis just appeared on SC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alun View Post
    Strangely a Borealis just appeared on SC
    Yes that is mine.!
    After an armida found its way to me I am contemplating the thought of letting the Borealis go..

Vostok Amphibia, lots of variants, lots of,possible modding opportunities and won't break the bank

Show your Amphibias!
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/sho...as-491664.html

Meranom.com is a recommended supplier plus a few on eBay such as Zenitar

Master
    Depends what you call vfm ? Someone has to mention the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Very expensive but fabulous so vfm if you fancy spending this much ?

Some great suggestions earlier in the thread, of course.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Hi and welcome to the forum. How about a seiko diver?

Craftsman
    Oris Diver's 65 is a lovely retro diver

I know it's almost cliché to say it but a Seiko diver like SKX009 or SRP777 dosent get any more retro, vfm or tool.

Master
    Do you actually want to wear it in the water? If so get a retro inspired diver not an actual 70's dive watch.
    Oris 65
    Longine Legend Diver
    Longine 67 Chrono Diver

And options from Squale are all cool retro looks and you can take them for a swim.

Journeyman
    I would recommend the Oris Divers 65, preferably the 40mm model. Great size and thickness coupled with a funky design that, while playful, doesn't feel silly. I tried the one my friend has and fell in love instantly :)

Retro, or vintage

Take your pick
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Or even skx007, silly vfm to be honest

They look good on natos too

Quote Originally Posted by siblingchris View Post
    Or even skx007, silly vfm to be honest

They look good on natos too
    To be honest as the price of the SKX goes upo I think it's beginning to lose it's appeal - particularly in comparison to the Seiko Turtle re-issues as pictured by Andy above. Having owned both I'd have to say the Turtles are vastly better watches...

Simon

Fair enough, I got mine at a good price before they went up I guess. And it's a great day-to-day watch I'd wear in pretty much any circumstances

Thought I'd show the amphibia some love too. Modded, not mine (although mine is pretty much the same I just don't have a decent photo)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    Oris Diver's 65 is a lovely retro diver
    I second this , tried the 40mm version today on NATO and it was a stunning , just over £1000 and good value in my
    Eyes . Oris 65 divers

Seikoboy