closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Magnet Kitchens

Magnet Kitchens

Has anyone got a Magnet kitchen. Saw a really nice one in the showroom yesterday. Turned out to be top of the range so expect it's going to cost an arm and a leg.
    Wondered if anyone can share their experiences.
    We're also getting a quote from Intoto and Howdens
    Thanks
    Andy

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi Andy,

Having just gone through the whole kitchen thing I feel for you!
    We looked at Magnets and liked their inframe timber shaker Range (the name escapes me). It was a fortune, c13K.
    Howdens came back at £10K for something similar. Benchmarx were less again at £8.5K. All inframe shaker.
    Although I've not ordered it yet, I'm going with diykitchens.com I found them from a recommendation here and they came out at around the £6.5K mark. So considerably cheaper.
    My builder was a little sceptical of buying online until he mentioned it to a friend of his and it turns out he bought the same kitchen we were looking at from them. Builder now suitably impressed so we've ordered a couple of door sample to check the colours.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Hi Andy,

We looked at Magnets and liked their inframe timber shaker Range (the name escapes me). It was a fortune, c13K.
    Howdens came back at £10K for something similar. Benchmarx were less again at £8.5K. All inframe shaker.
    Although I've not ordered it yet, I'm going with diykitchens.com I found them from a recommendation here and they came out at around the £6.5K mark. So considerably cheaper.
    My builder was a little sceptical of buying online until he mentioned it to a friend of his and it turns out he bought the same kitchen we were looking at from them. Builder now suitably impressed so we've ordered a couple of door sample to check the colours.
    My kitchen is from DIY kitchens and the quality is excellent. The showroom is great to but it is quite far from you. You can do a tour on their website but is just not the same.

Another +1 for DIY kitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Hi Andy,

Thanks, I'll give them a look.

Wot Dave said!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Magnet and Howdens are both good kitchens and you can get good discounts,especially if you play them against each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Has anyone got a Magnet kitchen. Saw a really nice one in the showroom yesterday. Turned out to be top of the range so expect it's going to cost an arm and a leg.
    Wondered if anyone can share their experiences.
    We're also getting a quote from Intoto and Howdens
    Thanks
    Andy
    Yep. Had a Magnet Integra put in 2 years ago. Really pleased with it and it is wearing well so far. However, I used Magnet Trade sourced through our builder who then put it in. It is exactly the same units just a lot cheaper. I knew what I wanted but the trade guys, and in fact the Magnet salesman, helped with final specs. I separately sourced the expensive worktops and appliances. I did have to then use them (Magnet) later for the glass splash back as the company I used does not deal directly with the public. Both Magnet and John Lewis use the same company in this regards but Magnet seemed cheaper. I sourced an in unit Wesco bin separately to the Magnet one as I wanted was a different Wesco model and just got the door to fit on the front. As all the drawer internals and hinges etc are Baum I also sourced extras like cutlery holders off the net rather than Magnet.

I also did the rounds of Howdens, Benchmarx etc but we liked the Magnet one the most and once we found out about the trade part it all fell into place.

Magnet Kitchens

My advice would be to get a quote from Howdens preferably with your builders discount included and go to Magnet and ask them to match it.
    Its what I did and they were happy to; it helped that it was the end of the month and they needed meet target but they also threw in the sink, tap and extractor hood for 'nothing'
    They came down to 7k from 13k
    Well worth a try there is a massive margin on kitchens.

John

Master
    I am entering this discussion with zero knowledge but a recent Which report (Sept 2016) listed Ikea kitchens has having the highest customer satisfaction rates of 88% followed closely by independents who scored 85%.

Magnet were down the list at 75%.

Hope that helps.

Howdens have to 'levels' of kitchen cabinets - one is rather cheap (aimed at landlords and house sellers) and it's at the front of the catalogue. It gets better/pricier as you go through the catalogue. There appliances are crap - you can get better for less by shopping on line.

Delivery etc is first class though and aftersales (if anything is missing, damaged or overlooked) the same.

Lot's of leverage on price as others have said.

I wish we'd shelled out for granite worktops though.
    Last edited by afcneal; 20th March 2017 at 12:07.

Blog Entries
    Doing the same now.

I deal with Benchmarx through my business (building 100+ homes a year) but I just cannot find anything in the range I like.

We also work with Symphony through Jewsons and MKM and the kitchens are a lot nicer. We have picked what is price band zero and with quartz worktops and appliances we are currently at £17k..........

Pitch