closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of the BL (NR) I got the call

Master

Out of the BL (NR) I got the call

Thought I had about 12 months or so to go but after a random call to my local AD this morning (pestering call) they said that had one delivered yesterday, had two calls out but they haven't contacted them back. I told them I can be there in an hour and 2h's later this was on my wrist.

I have only recently joined this forum (4 months-ish) and beforehand I never really fancied being a Rolex owner. After seeing all of the lovely pieces and reading all of the great posts, I have changed my perspective entirely.

I have joined the club and am now asking myself why I waited so long. I wonder what I will buy next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great watch. I have one too and I love it. Enjoy!

Master
    Many congrats mine says hi 👋

Congratulations lovely watch although you didnt actually get the call :)

Master
    That's true - well I got the second call ha ha

Congrats. I've never owned a watch I like more.

Craftsman
    Congratulations! The BLNR is one of my favourites of the current Rolex line up.

Master
    Appreciated. Funny how it goes, now that I have one I want another. Sub date possibly?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    Appreciated. Funny how it goes, now that I have one I want another. Sub date possibly?

Nice watch...👍

Craftsman

Slippery slope

Well done.

Should never have sold mine.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Congrats! That's something that's on my list...but just too much £££ for me at the moment..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Many congrats mine says hi

First class indeed

Banned
    Mine says hi as well,

Master
    Nice watch i got the call 3 days ago for the 2nd time :) Hopefully this time i keep it.

Master
    Great watch, congrats :-)

I don't understand this watch!!

Sometimes I think it looks incredible, other times I think it looks average, drives me crazy ha!

Congrats.

Grand Master
    Great little watch with a splash of colour, starting to see more and more coming through and if they make a blue/red or black/red it will truly calm it right down and give some amazing options for the GMT
    RIAC

Master
    One of the best-looking sports Rollies, IMVHO. Congrats on the purchase.

Master
    Great comments. There is obviously a lot of love for the BLNR.

Craftsman
    Very nice, one of the ones I am looking at

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Craftsman

My 2 super heroes. Lovely watch enjoy!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've had mine on a NATO for the last year:

Looking at the above photos, maybe it's time to stick it back on the bracelet.

Master
    It's clear that being on this forum is not going to be good for my bank balance. That Hulk looks the part!

Craftsman
    Out of curiosity, does blnr stand for anything? I get that bl probably means blue but what about the nr?

Noir

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    It's clear that being on this forum is not going to be good for my bank balance. That Hulk looks the part!

out of the 2 I prefer the hulk. Still have most stickers left on the BLNR,(taken off by AD but added to warranty card,) had it since Dec. 2016.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Noir

Makes perfect sense, bleu-noir, and for the pepsi, bleu-rouge

Blog Entries
    Its sooooo marmite.

I have have a real opportunity to bag a 2015 with everything as it should for possibly £6k cash and have until Friday to make my mind up. What do I DO???????

Pitch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Its sooooo marmite.

I have have a real opportunity to bag a 2015 with everything as it should for possibly £6k cash and have until Friday to make my mind up. What do I DO???????

Pitch
    Buy it, then if you find it's not for you you'd easily get your money back

Master
    Buy it - you will love it, what's not to love.

Craftsman
    Its sooooo marmite.

Pitch
    Good money especially if it's like new

Its sooooo marmite.

Pitch
    It is not marmite. Most people love it.

If it was marmite it would be more 50/50 and more people saying they do not like it, but that just does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
    It is not marmite. Most people love it.

If it was marmite it would be more 50/50 and more people saying they do not like it, but that just does not happen.
    I think the Marmite comment comes from the fact that that quite a few of us wanted to buy one, have either tried it on or even taken the plunge and then not bonded. Sometimes described as a little bit blingy.

But hey, that's expensive watches for you.

Blog Entries
    I think summed up nicely above.

Hearing so much about how nice the BLNR was when I finally handled one in the flesh I was a little disappointed. My reference was purely some love and and some loath.

Apologies OP for the hijack and I will keep ya posted.

Pitch

Craftsman
    I love it.

Picking my second one up on Thursday after stupidly selling my 2015 for £5500 DOH !

Master
    I think summed up nicely above.

Hearing so much about how nice the BLNR was when I finally handled one in the flesh I was a little disappointed. My reference was purely some love and and some loath.

Apologies OP for the hijack and I will keep ya posted.

Pitch
    That's preference 'in a nutshell' - what one person loves, another doesn't. I am happy with that and long may it continue.

Stunner. Well done on the purchase

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    How long did you have to wait in the end then? Looks stunning.

Can I ask a silly question, if you are on the lists and you get the call how does it work. I am on the list for a Daytona and Goldsmiths have said when they receive a watch with waiting lists it contains the details of who the watch is for. So they ring you, are you expected to pay over the phone and then go and collect or are you given any kind of grace or do they say pop in over the next few days.

I am interested in how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Can I ask a silly question, if you are on the lists and you get the call how does it work. I am on the list for a Daytona and Goldsmiths have said when they receive a watch with waiting lists it contains the details of who the watch is for. So they ring you, are you expected to pay over the phone and then go and collect or are you given any kind of grace or do they say pop in over the next few days.

I am interested in how it works.
    I was told (by Goldsmiths Bristol) that if/when i receive a call they will not hold the watch so make sure I am in a position to make my decision very quick

In my experience with Mappin and Webb I was asked to commit that day and then pay a holding deposit within 48 hours. They initially insisted I collected from the store but as the AD was in Cambridge and I was in London they eventually relented and had it delivered to WoS on Regent Street (After full payment of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I was told (by Goldsmiths Bristol) that if/when i receive a call they will not hold the watch so make sure I am in a position to make my decision very quick
    Thanks Craig, but what does that really mean, get the debit card out and pay over the phone there and then or you have two hours to get to the shop. I suppose the point that I am getting at is that there is no time to shed any of the collection if you want to raise funds. So if you are on a list and want the watch always have that amount of money in your account in case you get a call unexpectedly - and sell stuff later to replace that money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Thanks Craig, but what does that really mean, get the debit card out and pay over the phone there and then or you have two hours to get to the shop. I suppose the point that I am getting at is that there is no time to shed any of the collection if you want to raise funds. So if you are on a list and want the watch always have that amount of money in your account in case you get a call unexpectedly - and sell stuff later to replace that money.
    Yes as I understand it I would have to pay over the phone and collect ASAP, no time to arrange to see/try the watch etc

Great looking watch. I love ours. Definite keeper.

Master
    All this waiting list is, in my opinion marketing rubbish. When I bought my Sub in 2013 I was derisively told I may get one in early 2014 and there are 10 people in front of me. 3 days later got a call asking me if I was interested I told them I can only pick it up 2 days later and offered to pay over the phone. They were quite happy to do the deal in person and were willing to "hold it" for me, without a deposit!
    I had also placed my name on the "waiting list" at other stores in Glasgow and Edinburgh, over the next few days other dealers too phoned to let me know that "other people" have refused/have been unable to contact and would I like to buy one? When I told them I have bought one all were quite surprised, word to the effect - How, really!
    Maybe things have changed, maybe the BLNR is more popular/more uncommon, I don't know.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    All this waiting list is, in my opinion marketing rubbish. When I bought my Sub in 2013 I was derisively told I may get one in early 2014 and there are 10 people in front of me. 3 days later got a call asking me if I was interested I told them I can only pick it up 2 days later and offered to pay over the phone. They were quite happy to do the deal in person and were willing to "hold it" for me, without a deposit!
    I had also placed my name on the "waiting list" at other stores in Glasgow and Edinburgh, over the next few days other dealers too phoned to let me know that "other people" have refused/have been unable to contact and would I like to buy one? When I told them I have bought one all were quite surprised, word to the effect - How, really!
    Maybe things have changed, maybe the BLNR is more popular/more uncommon, I don't know.
    I spoke to three ADs last week about the BLNR; one said that the waiting list was three years and the other two said it was about twelve months. One of them said that the next person on the list put their name down in August.

Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Back in 2015/6 I saw two Hulks in two different AD windows in one day, things have changed I suppose

Its funny, at the time I thought the green was unpopular (it may habe been) all it took was a bit of restricted supply (I assume) and all of a sudden everyone wanted one, for the record I always liked the green of the 'hulk' not so much the 'Kermit'

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Back in 2015/6 I saw two Hulks in two different AD windows in one day, things have changed I suppose

Its funny, at the time I thought the green was unpopular (it may habe been) all it took was a bit of restricted supply (I assume) and all of a sudden everyone wanted one, for the record I always liked the green of the 'hulk' not so much the 'Kermit'
    When I bought mine (Nov 2013) they had a kermit available and were trying to "persuade" me to buy one. I thought (sorry) it was too loud! Rolex makes about a million watches a year I find it difficult believe that a dealer can't get a BLNR a month.

Master
    I went into the store and said I want a GMT II. They said I don't think we are adding anymore to the list. I said can you check and add me and let me know where I sit. Didn't give me my position but said at least a year. I called every week and if I was passing popped in. I said I would come straight up if anyone turned you down.

I called one Saturday morning (4 months on the list) and he said that he had a call out to two people and they hadn't called back. Called another and he was trying to sort finance (they will not give you finance on the sort after models such as the GMT) so I said I would be willing to come up straight away if you couldn't get a hold of the other two. Two hours later I got the call. I payed no deposit, went to the store and tried it on, paid and left with the goods. He said they get one a month. Goldsmith's Chelmsford. Hope that helps