closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: "New Arrival" Think my WIS journey is over?

Craftsman

"New Arrival" Think my WIS journey is over?

Hello all,

Been away for some time, life priorities taking over and what not. Anyway just thought I would share a little tale.
    For quite some time now I have been collecting watches and had quite a good collection over the years from Rolex to Panerai to Seikos, all of which one was listed as being the “grail” watch the Deep Sea.

To acquire such a watch meant selling off some of the collection to acquire the funds. Which I duly did and shared a post on here how this was a keeper blah blah blah….
    I sold the Deep Sea on this very forum after realising that it was not my grail after all, and that something new was now my grail, the Rolex BLNR. I started to realise that this WIS malarkey was getting a bit silly and that a new grail would always be just around the corner and maybe I would never actually be content?

Over the last few years watches have come and gone but subconsciously the only watch that ever kept drawing me back was the Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch, of which funnily enough I also sold one to a member on this very forum.

Every time I went past an AD, every time I seen one in the flesh something would stir to me.
    Anyway, last week I was shopping in Bahrain and as always visited both Omega boutiques along with the various other ones as I always do, and low and behold the new Speedmaster ref 311.30.42.30.01.005 was there. The guy told me that this particular boutique had waited 9 months for stock, and to be honest it’s the first time I have seen it over here with the new box of goodies. They have held the sapphire sandwich version, but not the hesalite version.

Now, at this point something triggered in me that said “You must buy me” I was smitten all over again. I asked to look at the new box and then the watch which was still in its sealed plastic box , to which I said do not open it!! If I do come back and buy it, I want to be the first one to touch it!! (we’ve all been there right?).

We then moved on to price to which I got offered quite a good discount but nothing extraordinary. He offered to throw in an Omega watch travel case and a couple of Omega Moonwatch books, a black & silver Omega tie and a jewellery tray, so not bad really and it did kind of sweeten the price. Yes I could have picked it up cheaper at places like Iconic but I was in the now moment.

I then promptly left the boutique, as my other half was very hungry and wanted some lunch. We sat eating lunch and the wife said “just get it, you keep looking at these…last year in Cyprus and every time we go past Omega boutiques I know it’s all you ever bang on about”. This was it, the moment I would obtain again what I consider and now know myself to be my grail watch “ you should never have sold you last one” was my wife’s parting words as I scuttled off back to the boutique, Mrs Weasel went in the opposite direction muttering something about the moon or something, and would meet me at M&S.

So, here it is…… my grail watch (again) the Omega Speedmaster Professional, this time I will mutter the immortal line “it’s a keeper” sorry for the bad photos.

[IMG]URL=http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/Ferret_UK/media/P1000723.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG

[IMG][/IMG]

I will still look at watches, and drool over Pataks and such, maybe pick up a Seiko Marinemaster at some point, but the speedmaster is all i need and i wish i realised it earlier! but i know i'm not the only one here to do the above.
    Last edited by Desert_Weasel; 15th March 2017 at 20:10. Reason: Pics

I can't see any of the photos I'm afraid...

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photos showing up ok for me? Stunning watch but I agree about always chasing the next grail watch!

Nice watch, especially on the black NATO

I am of the view that it is often better to travel then to arrive though......

Lovely. Got one of these arriving next week hopefully. The wait is driving me mad!

Enjoy as I know you will from your words.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Congratulations! I actually tried one in last weekend for the first time and was so impressed

Master
    Had one of these and absolutely loved it.

Sold it when my wife bought me a Sub and I realised I didn't actually use the chrono function. Still miss it from time to time but servicing costs precludes me from having more than two mechanicals. My other mechanical is my Seamaster, also bought by my wife as a wedding present.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    .......My other mechanical is my Seamaster, also bought by my wife as a wedding present.
    If you ever fancy a wife swap please PM me.

Great watch but the journey is never over.

Blog Entries
    Over for a Speedmaster? LMAO! It's only the beginning, fasten the seatbelt.

I'm sure this time it will be a keeper - I know mine is cherished above all other watches.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    My first Speedmaster was bought new in 2004 and started off a process of buying older, vintage Speedys until I reached the point where I felt that I should sell my, still minty, original one. However, as soon as it was gone I missed it and duly replaced it with one of the last 3570.50. It really is a keeper now and feels just like my original one, particularly as I kept the handmade rally strap from the first one.
    The journey isn't over though. You've just got the ideal travelling companion to accompany you along the way.

Master
    This tale strikes a chord with me;the Speedie Pro is far from my most expensive watch, but it probably my favourite. Hard to pin-down just why, but it has a 'rightness' of design which doesn't seem to date. Worn on a brown strap, always a pleasure.
    As for the notion of a 'grail' watch.....we all know that is a pleasurable delusion. If there really was a 'last' watch, where would the fun come from.
    I am waiting for my Speedy Tuesday. Not a grail, not greater than the standard Pro, but very pretty.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Congrats but I'm sure its not the END :)