closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Easter break help! Where can I go!!!

Easter break help! Where can I go!!!

So it's been left with me to arrange a few days away and I'm struggling for inspiration.
    I've given up on overseas as there's nothing appetising from my nearest airports (East Mids/Birmingham) for reasonable money.

I've started looking at Somerset, North Cornwall (I've done a fair bit of the south cost so want to avoid that), or South Wales.
    I want something with a bit of outdoors for the daytime, but a bit of civilisation too (just somewhere decent to eat/drink).

Vague? Yep. It's panic setting in as I find and contact lots of lovely little B&Bs and I'm starting to know how Mary and Jo felt all those years ago......

Anyone? Any thoughts? Help!

A stable? 😁

Sent on the run.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Butlins at Minehead?

If you're taking a car, then I'd strongly suggest having a look around the Dunster, Wootton Courtenay, Horner areas for a bed and breakfast. beautiful part of the country, some lovely restaurants withing 10-20 minutes drive (e.g The Culbone), lots and lots of options for walks, horse riding etc, and only a mile away from minehead where you've all the shops you'd possibly need.

North Wales, specifically the Llyn Peninsula ?
    Criccieth, Porth Madoc , Portmerion , Abersoch and Snowdonia would give you loads to do and places to visit. Cottages aplenty and a beautiful place to be. You've also got the Wales coastal path at your door.

Isle of Wight?

No cheap flights to Europe available?? That surprises me.

Lowesoft? Hire one of those modern mobile homes next to the seaside, take a decent kite with you

Get on the train to London, Take the Snow train service to Moutiers in France, get a last minute Chalet deal. Ski in the wonderful Three Valleys ski area. Sunshine, being active, snow, wonderful scenery, fresh air, outdoors, good food, civilised, great fun what more could you want? My idea of heaven.

Craftsman
    Yorkshire Dales are fantastic and can be combined with a trip round Harrogate

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using TZ-UK mobile app

Ambleside in the lakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were in the UK this Easter I'd be looking at heading for Suffolk or Norfolk with the family, somewhere on the coast.

At this rate you'll have suggestions for most of the UK and a fair bit of Europe as well!

Master
    Cornwall, check out Beach Retreats for some lovely apartments and cottages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Isle of Wight?
    Second this - I'll be there at Easter - great place

Portugal

plenty of places to choose from - Porto is amazing, Lisbon ok surrounding towns nicer... Algarve is a bit chavvy but can be good if the weather is right

Journeyman
    Cornwall is a great shout...clean air, good food, lots to do especially if you gave kids and very importantly it has its own microclimate - weather always seems so much better there than the rest of the country

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Pembrokeshire?

The little England beyond Wales.

Slightly leftfield but how about hop on plane B'ham to Glasgow, hire car and cottage in West Coast of Scotland?

Master
    Norway, Easter is a big deal over there and it has a kinda pristine quality and starkness to the landscape, not sure on the sensible money part but a great short break destination. Iceland is a gobsmacker,is kinda alien fantasy landscape and can be done in a more reasonable kind of way.
    Belfast is imense, it has the culture and patina of a formally doshed up senseless place, a lot of stuff, Stormont, townhall etc is free, crumling road jail is great. food amazing crown bar amazing, we go every year. Cheap flight,car for 30 quid and stay down in queens quarter for best value for money.

Come to Orlando Florida for Star Wars Celebrations.

Master
    Tenby and Pembrokeshire - after that, anything else will be a disappointment, as long as it doesn't rain all Easter.