closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ParcelPro - no longer an option for individuals

ParcelPro - no longer an option for individuals

Just had this in from them:

"The information on our website is wrong and needs to be updated. Sorry for that. This service has been cancelled for Individuals and unfortunately I cannot tell you when we are going to offer this service again."

Strange? I wonder if they'll be cancelling current individual account holders?

Having said that, the option for private individuals was never listed anyway iirc. You had to contact them and explain your circumstances. How did you approach them in the first place?

Blog Entries
    Curious...

Barring Parcelpro.... what's the cheapest way to ship insured (value>£2500) in the UK?

DHL seems to charge 1.5% of the item value which is the cheapest I found by far. Those parcel delivery comparison websites (Parcel monkey, parcel hero) all seems to be more expensive, I would guess that is because they make a % for each transaction?

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Just had this in from them:

"The information on our website is wrong and needs to be updated. Sorry for that. This service has been cancelled for Individuals and unfortunately I cannot tell you when we are going to offer this service again."
    Bizarre, and as you say, the website still says this.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hyl1987 View Post
    Barring Parcelpro.... what's the cheapest way to ship insured (value>£2500) in the UK?

DHL seems to charge 1.5% of the item value which is the cheapest I found by far. Those parcel delivery comparison websites (Parcel monkey, parcel hero) all seems to be more expensive, I would guess that is because they make a % for each transaction?
    Apart from ParcelPro, DHL and MBE are the only companies I know of who definitely (i.e. say so in writing) provide compensation for loss of or damaged to watches (other than Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed up to £250, depending on destination).

Fedex explicitly excludes watches from compensation in their Ts&Cs.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 15th March 2017 at 17:15.

Hopefully the won't be stopping accounts that are already open.

Still available for me it seems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Bizarre, and as you say, the website still says this.....
    I think it's worth noting that ParcelPro never did say they provide insurance services for individual collectors like us here; they simply did so on request. We'll see how things pan out, I guess.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 15th March 2017 at 17:21.

Maybe the PP contact is confusing insurance only with the full shipping service?

Blog Entries
    I should add that a company that will insure us is http://www.ifs-inforsure.com founded by Jeroenusa of this forum. He used to work for ParcelPro.

One thing I should say is to read the Ts&Cs very carefully. In particular, clause 10.1 specifies tight limits on the size of shipping container that must be used. If you wish to use IFS In4Sure then I'd suggest clarifying this with the company. A maximum dimension of 5" means that watch boxes will generally not be sendable using this service.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I should add that a company that will insure us is http://www.ifs-inforsure.com founded by Jeroenusa of this forum. He used to work for ParcelPro.

One thing I should say is to read the Ts&Cs very carefully. In particular, clause 10.1 specifies tight limits on the size of shipping container that must be used. If you wish to use IFS In4Sure then I'd suggest clarifying this with the company. A maximum dimension of 5" means that watch boxes will generally not be sendable using this service.
    You could always ship the watch separately to stay within the limit

Quote Originally Posted by drhexagon View Post
    You could always ship the watch separately to stay within the limit
    How do you ship the box, and what value would you put on it if it goes missing/gets crushed? If I bought a watch and the watch arrived but the box and papers didn't I'd be annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    How do you ship the box, and what value would you put on it if it goes missing/gets crushed? If I bought a watch and the watch arrived but the box and papers didn't I'd be annoyed.
    I've done it before with no issues but that wasn't related to value. The size of the box was huge and I just made sure it was well wrapped enough to not get damaged.

I contacted their sales director Jeroen Sparreboom when I wanted to open an account as it looked like it wasnt offered to individuals, he was as helpful as a helpful chap could be and opened an account for me straight away. I dont think he is with them now though but may be worth a try, if you want his email address drop me a pm, i told him I was a member of TZUK and that was good enough for him.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    I contacted their sales director Jeroen Sparreboom
    Jeroen now has his own show as mentioned previously.
    http://www.ifs-inforsure.com/

Master
    I'll be very interested to see how this pans out. I recently tried to open a Parcel Pro account as well and thought I must have done something incorrectly as three times I tried and got nowhere.

Unfortunately I got the same response as the OP this morning.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I got the same response as the OP this morning.

^^This is not ParcelPro^^

Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    ^^This is not ParcelPro^^
    Not sure what you mean but parcelpro is part of upscapital.... Unless there is a different parcelpro out there?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Indeed, it's a real problem where the box is worth something significant on its own or adds significantly to the value of the overall set.

Blog Entries
    Not sure what you mean but parcelpro is part of upscapital.... Unless there is a different parcelpro out there?
    This would not be the first time that the nature of a business has changed after being bought out by a much large corporation.

Apologies for bringing this up again. But Royal mail seems to cover consequential loss up to £10k now?

So I assume to max limit of cover would be the old limit, plus the additional £10k? So £12.5k in total?

Can anyone confirm please?
    Thanks
    Harry

Banned
    I suppose it's only when you try to claim the real truth will out, is it insured or isn't it.

Maybe a longstanding individual account holder with PP could clarify if they are continuing to insure them.

Till then it looks like the individual account holder is not insured, Question, did they have a individual account anyway.

Master
    I can still access my ParcelPro account ... and add new shipments if needed ... can anyone else confirm this means individuals with existing accounts are still OK to use this service?

Master
    Apologies for bringing this up again. But Royal mail seems to cover consequential loss up to £10k now?

So I assume to max limit of cover would be the old limit, plus the additional £10k? So £12.5k in total?

Can anyone confirm please?
    Thanks
    Harry

Consequential loss is not the same as compensation for a lost parcel. An example of consequential loss would be sending a contract in the post which if lost, might cost you £5000 as a result of failing to get it signed in time and losing a possible client. It is nothing to do with the value of the actual item shipped.

Or here is a clearer explanation straight from royal mail

Sometimes the damage, delay or loss of an item can lead to greater loss than the actual value of the item itself. For such items you can buy our consequential loss cover of up to £10,000. This cover could be a wise choice for important legal documents or tax returns that may result in penalties if lost or not delivered on time. Just ask for consequential loss when you send your item by Special Delivery Guaranteed™. Make your compensation claims through our Customer Services within 14 days of posting. You’ll need to include the receipt for purchase in order to file the claim
    Last edited by hafle; 18th March 2017 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    I can still access my ParcelPro account ... and add new shipments if needed ... can anyone else confirm this means individuals with existing accounts are still OK to use this service?
    I've used it three times in the past month, the last being this week, and I'm being charged for it, so I would hope the service is still available and I would be covered in the event of a claim. I've heard nothing from ParcelPro to tell me differently.

PP has been part of UPS for a couple of years now, or at least since I signed up so I wonder why they've suddenly reduced this service?

Just an FYI that I decided to use the RMSD shipping (£14 for £2.5k insurance) in UK to deliver a £5k watch.

Realised that UPS don't insure watches or jewelry over £500 (after reading the fine print) and DHL costs £100 for fully insured delivery.

Decided to save a couple of quid on delivery as I have assessed that the risk of losing the item isn't worth that additional cost for delivery. Held my breath overnight but fortunately the item arrived at the buyers place safely!

I'm a long term parcelpro user and they were entirely prepared to accept a shipment for insurance yesterday to me.

Master
    Just an FYI that I decided to use the RMSD shipping (£14 for £2.5k insurance) in UK to deliver a £5k watch.

Realised that UPS don't insure watches or jewelry over £500 (after reading the fine print) and DHL costs £100 for fully insured delivery.

Decided to save a couple of quid on delivery as I have assessed that the risk of losing the item isn't worth that additional cost for delivery. Held my breath overnight but fortunately the item arrived at the buyers place safely!

No point in paying the additional for the £2.5k insurance in this instance as you are either covered for the full amount or not at all. Might as well have insured at the lowest value if you were taking the risk anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    No point in paying the additional for the £2.5k insurance in this instance as you are either covered for the full amount or not at all.
    I'm sure this used to be the case, but it seems to have changed:

"Basic compensation for actual loss: Up to £50 for the Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am service and £500 for the Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm service or the market value whichever is the lower and the fee repaid.

Enhanced compensation up to £2500 is available if purchased at the time of posting."
    Making a claim for a lost item

So you'll get the amount insured even if the actual value is higher.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post

"Basic compensation for actual loss: Up to £50 for the Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am service and £500 for the Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm service or the market value whichever is the lower and the fee repaid.

Enhanced compensation up to £2500 is available if purchased at the time of posting."

Think they may have covered themselves with this from the T&Cs

Prohibitions, Restrictions and Undeliverable Items
    There are certain dangerous and hazardous goods which are unsuitable for conveyance by us and are therefore prohibited. Items worth more than £2500 are also prohibited. Our compensation does not cover certain types of goods. We reserve the right in certain circumstances to destroy an undeliverable item.
    If in doubt, please ask at the counter, call us on 08457 950950, or visit www.royalmail.com

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau..._April2013.pdf

Blog Entries

No, nothing you have quoted suggests that "you'll get the amount insured even if the actual value is higher".

If you send an item worth more than £2500 via RMSD (even if you pay for the maximum £2500 cover) then Royal Mail are under no obligation whatsoever to pay out a penny in compensation for loss or damage.

Nothing has changed. The situation with Royal Mail is still essentially as I described it in this thread (although it does need updating in general): http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-%A32-5K-in-SC

(And to address an earlier post, consequential loss insurance/compensation is irrelevant and worthless for items that are valuable in their own right, such as watches).

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    No, nothing you have quoted suggests that "you'll get the amount insured even if the actual value is higher".
    "£500 or the market value whichever is the lower" seems pretty clear.

Blog Entries
    "£500 or the market value whichever is the lower" seems pretty clear.
    No, it's not clear, sadly and it is not complete. It is (a) a summary and simplification and (b) says nothing whatsoever about items valued at over £2500. It is necessary to read the full Ts&Cs to see what terms Royal Mail are really bound by.

Apprentice

insurance for private parties

Dear All,

Just noticed this and would have chimed in earlier. We at IFS Inforsure Inc. DO insurance private watch collectors, if you are interested in finding out more send me an email at js@ifs-inforsure.com and I will personally take care of setting you up with an account and providing a competitive insurance rate.

kind regards

Jeroen Sparreboom
    CEO IFS Inforsure USA

Hey Jeroen, have you moved from ParcelPro now then? I remember you were my customer service guy!

Jeroen set up my ParcelPro account too, and was very helpful a couple of times

Apprentice

moved on

Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Hey Jeroen, have you moved from ParcelPro now then? I remember you were my customer service guy!
    Yes I did move on, started my own company IFS Inforsure Inc. ifs-inforsure.com if you need help let me know

Best regards
    Jeroen

Don't you have a seriously restrictive sizing policy Jeroen ?

10.1 All shipments must be double boxed; size of the outer box must be 15”x10”x5”
    Last edited by -Ally-; 10th July 2017 at 19:50.

Apprentice

Sizing restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Don't you have a seriously restrictive sizing policy Jeroen ?

10.1 All shipments must be double boxed; size of the outer box must be 15”x10”x5”
    The size is a minimum size, I am changing the wording on the terms and is does look confusing. Working with the underwriter on this.

Let us know when it's sorted please

Apprentice

sorted

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Let us know when it's sorted please
    Sorted, (reminds me of a quote from RockenRolla, Sorted Lennie) I can confirm allowed box sizes on the certificate of insurance that you will receive when you sign up for an account. The new terms will be online soon.

Jeroen

Blog Entries
    Hi Jeroen,

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroenusa View Post
    The size is a minimum size, I am changing the wording on the terms and is does look confusing. Working with the underwriter on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroenusa View Post
    Sorted, (reminds me of a quote from RockenRolla, Sorted Lennie) I can confirm allowed box sizes on the certificate of insurance that you will receive when you sign up for an account. The new terms will be online soon.
    Excellent, that's good to hear. :-)

Master
    Blog Entries
    So are existing Parcel Pro users still using this service?

Lots of watches being sold on Sales Corner over 2,500 pounds claiming they will send insured.

Have had a parcelpro account for a couple years but not used it in awhile and lost the user name and pass word.
    Tried applying for a new account and had an email back to say, no individuals!
    Sent an email asking for my account log in details and info came back couple days later. Signed in and reported parcel, updated card details and all confirmed, so looks like it's good for existing customers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    So are existing Parcel Pro users still using this service?

Lots of watches being sold on Sales Corner over 2,500 pounds claiming they will send insured.
    FedEx will send, but its pricey.

I've opened an account with here as offered by Jeroenusa above but not used them yet: https://www.ifs-inforsure.com/

Craftsman
    FedEx are good for me , had an account with them for about 10 years and found them good

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    FedEx will send, but its pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by P ELLIS View Post
    FedEx are good for me , had an account with them for about 10 years and found them good
    Fedex's UK Ts&Cs appear to exclude compensation for watches.

Do you have documentary evidence that watches are covered by the Fedex services you are using? If so, can you share the documentation (anonymised if you wish).

DHL is the only UK courier I have been able to find that makes it clear that it does provide compensation for watches (up to £4000).

Apprentice
    i just used my existing parcelpro account a week or two back, to send a watch from singapore to uk, cheap too... when i was there, a guy left 2-3 watches to ship to japan... *crosses fingers* hopefully they won't cancel my account anytime soon