closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First ever watch compliment... And guess which watch...

Craftsman

First ever watch compliment... And guess which watch...

Been 'into' watches for a few years now. I seem to recall I've only ever had one previous comment on a watch I was wearing, which was a quick "nice watch" about my 2531.80 Seamaster about four years ago from somebody I didn't know in a bar.

As my new watch, after less than 6 hours on the wrist, somebody at work complimented my "stunning watch" and asked me a few questions about it.

What was it...

Last edited by Progressive; 13th March 2017 at 16:40. Reason: Adding photo.

They do stand out :)

I have had compliments about almost any watch I have worn on a NATO, mostly by women - same watch/watches on their original steel bracelets and not a single mention given.
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm not surprised. They're interesting and the perlon makes it stand out :)

That's a sharp logo. I have a 420SE from Meranom, and am really impressed with the domed acrylic crystal.

It received a compliment because its a very nice watch :D.

Nice, they deliver a lot of smiles per dollar and I really must try a perlon strap.

Same experience: my cheapest watches get the most compliments.

I think that colourful watches or ones that stand out from what the majority of people are wearing attract positive comments.

Deleted
    Last edited by Analogue; 11th September 2017 at 19:34.

The 1st compliment I got was from a female colleague who noticed my Oris diver (after about 3 years of us working together). The 2nd compliment was from a different female colleague who liked my Orange monster the 1st day I wore it.

Journeyman
    Orange monster gets the compliments for me too. I guess you could never call it understated.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Analogue View Post
    That watch looks great. I like the look of the shirt, too. I'll admit that sounds a bit of an odd comment on a watch forum... But i do like it.
    In keeping with the budget look, a cheap Zara number from a couple of years ago!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They do stand out :)

I have had compliments about almost any watch I have worn on a NATO, mostly by women - same watch/watches on their original steel bracelets and not a single mention given.
    Nato's certainly do seem to add to a watch's 'noticeability'. My Seiko 5 black dial racer on matching nato has probably had more comments than anything I've ever owned.
    My aqua terra, none (now sold), my Grand Seiko, one (now sold), mm300, one (sold). Not because they didn't get compliments lol, I'm just a serial flipper.
    To the OP, love that watch.

Journeyman
    Nice watch!

Funny, i experience the same thing from people that don't know anything about watches. They like the cheaper ones :-)

Journeyman
    Can I ask what watch that is please? Not familiar to me.

Craftsman
    It's a Vostok Amphibian. Looks like a 420 model. All sorts of models and dials available.

Could take a look at Meranom if you're interested https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-classic/420/ if you fancy looking...

Master
    Although the word on the dial is Amphibia

It all depends on where or who the compliments come from.
    I do agree that the fair sex usually quite fond of natos.
    A big, garish watch ( think Invictas ) often invites compliments but those don't mean a thing to me.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    Been 'into' watches for a few years now. I seem to recall I've only ever had one previous comment on a watch I was wearing, which was a quick "nice watch" about my 2531.80 Seamaster about four years ago from somebody I didn't know in a bar.

As my new watch, after less than 6 hours on the wrist, somebody at work complimented my "stunning watch" and asked me a few questions about it.

What was it...

That certainly is a thing of beauty!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nellyh View Post
    It's a Vostok Amphibian. Looks like a 420 model. All sorts of models and dials available.

Could take a look at Meranom if you're interested https://meranom.com/en/amphibian-classic/420/ if you fancy looking...
    Thank you, much appreciated....I am currently cursing the drop in the £.
    Last edited by EddyP; 16th March 2017 at 16:48.

They are great, quirky little watches. I've got a 120 case blue scuba dude which has received compliments. Really like the dial on yours. The Zissou versions also look good. I'm just about to mod my scuba dude and change the bezel, which is the only part of the watch I don't like - the chrome plating is over reflective and distracting.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I had a scubadude, they are fantastically quirky and ingeniously designed, but it didn't get worn much so had to go :(

Back then they were quite affordable. I thought they were quite popular before all the microbrands appeared and flooded the dive watch market.

Its a splendid look piece so hardly surprising it attracts attention - looks great on perlon too!

Craftsman
    Nice thread.

I couldn't find the exact one as the OPs (would have liked that) but have ordered a back faced one. Looks pretty striking.. and for buttons, too..

Master
    Big, colourful, interesting dial, no surprise that it gets comments. It is a handsome watch.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using TZ-UK mobile app