closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harmless fun

Banned
    Blog Entries

Harmless fun

And YESSS!!! We did go bar trawling after the play she had invited me to. Thus had not dug up the Gagarin Anniversary in vain.
    I wear it on Eddies Bund strap.

She even really liked the idea* and was keen to take a photo with her mobile.

Not so much the watch nor the history, although it was big fun in the bar, but the fact that I had thought to think about the date thus her. Who exactly cares why you score the bonus points??!!

For those familiar with the Gagarin homages; it is an alarm model issued mid seventies. The mechanical alarm is a hoot; 'Como un grillo!!' Yes and that, cricket, is actually the nickname. More points still

Master
    I call BS, that's an arm selfie

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    I call BS, that's an arm selfie
    Honi soit qui mal y pense

Who's she ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Who's she ?
    She is perhaps one of the manifestations of dissociative identity disorder experienced by unknown chap in Spain. The other pretends to be over-run with charming company and posts here.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    She gets about a bit, that one.

^ Brill :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Who's she ?
    Irrelevant. A female; charming company.

It is that watches, especially mechanical watches, in extreme the moonspeedies and subseadwellers, are a man thing. Women, in general, prefer an accurate one and think you nuts paying more for less accuracy, so best not go there.
    Also most women are not impressed by you selling your image by watch or car.
    YET; watches CAN be a great conversation starter.
    This cheerful vintage Poljot totally proved the point.

On the watch part it is reliable, 'accurate' and even the ever so endearing alarm is quite precise. Accurate between brackets as it is in mechanical terms. Quite accurate enough for the purpose which was the role as male accessory and conversation starter.

We'll be getting this next.

Journeyman
    Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Irrelevant. A female; charming company.
    Thanks. I'm delighted for you.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It is that watches, especially mechanical watches, in extreme the moonspeedies and subseadwellers, are a man thing. Women, in general, prefer an accurate one and think you nuts paying more for less accuracy, so best not go there.
    Please can we go there?

Master
    Honi soit qui mal y pense
    I'm not quite sure what the motto of the Order of the Garter has to do with your selfie picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    I'm not quite sure what the motto of the Order of the Garter has to do with your selfie picture.
    He means if you can't say anything nice then STFU. But he's too pretentious to just say STFU.

I thought we had finally heard the last of 'cilla's love life. Silly me...

Simon

Well maybe something is lost in translation in this one - but I think it's pretty cool to wear a Gargarin Anniversary watch to a Yuri Gagarin Bar. The company is almost irrelevant to all of us but Petros.
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    - but I think it's pretty cool to wear a Gargarin Anniversary watch to a Yuri Gagarin Bar.

It was

Led to entertaining conversation.

I think watches can be great fun this way.
    Just one other example: When a Turkish submarine moored in the Malaga harbor, took the Zlatoust Vodolaz for diner at Muelle Uno.

Again wonderful conversations.

Imo watches can be ever so enjoyable harmless fun.
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 13th March 2017 at 17:16.

At least it can make it easier to decide which watch to wear to the occasion.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    At least it can make it easier to decide which watch to wear to the occasion.

Sometimes.
    Other times it needs just a bit more thought than just choosing the in your opinion best matching male accessory.
    Like when I went out with a legal secretary.
    She absolutely ...beep... her as she called him, pompous @ss ...beep... with his ditto brand-X watch.

So I put on a Bond watch.
    She had a laughing fit and we had a hugely fun evening.

At first glance that appeared to be a pigeon sat upon your wrist :)

I've got to hand it to you 'cilla, you don't half soak up some ribbing. Better than most, I might add.

I like it, the idea of matching a watch to a particular association.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PamFan View Post
    Fair enough. I just don't treat women like machines whereby you put enough points in till sex comes out...
    No, you are a fan of Pamela...

Oh man, thanks for that: I nearly wet myself laughing.

You score huge point btw for the jump to conclusion prize.
    Tells a lot about your own chain of thought within your own terms of reference.

Seriously, what sort of women do you go out with where the conversation always focuses on the value (or value for money) and accuracy of watches?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Seriously, what sort of women do you go out with where the conversation always focuses on the value (or value for money) and accuracy of watches?
    You get a handful of points too!!!

Beats me, and high beat at that, how you can jump to that conclusion. Seems obvious that it is all about other obviously linked talking points. I even wrote so...

You get a handful of points too!!!

Beats me, and high beat at that, how you can jump to that conclusion. Seems obvious that it is all about other obviously linked talking points. I even wrote so...
    Do you ever read or re-read what you post? As if you did then that might give you a big clue!

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    The type who find out once they are in the back of the van he is neither "harmless or fun"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    The type who find out once they are in the back of the van he is neither "harmless or fun"
    You mean in the trunk of the DAF?

Fair enough. I just don't treat women like machines whereby you put enough points in till sex comes out...
    Good for you. I've no idea why you're quoting me though?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I think it's more about being a talking point, and relevant to the occasion.

While I disagree with some of Cilla's watch posts, you are reading far too much into what's been posted, and being more than a little critical of someone else's life choices.

If you want to be inflammatory take it to a more appropriate section.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Points?

Pints.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Points?

Pints.
    LoL!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Points?

Pints.
    I don't drink when out.

When I drink beer at 'home' it is Trappist.

We have just experienced extreme climate change.
    From almost 30 degrees the temperature plummeted and we had SNOW!
    With the soils still warm it thawed but on the vulcan like mountain in the view the top is covered white.
    The pink blossoms and that white peak look like Japan!!!
    So donned a GS44 for the day.
    Well, day, it has started raining and for the moment that is adding snow on the mountain but it will soon all thaw out up there and soak all here. Mud plugging it is. Will swap for the DW5600 in a moment.

By Jove what a brutal change. Had the rag top down all weekend and planned to Thursday go for a drive with a gf's new cabrio. Had a photon drive watch planned for that. Will still go down Wednesday afternoon and enjoy the invitation of course but looking at the weather forecast that is going to be a vintage pre scuba bezel dive watch!

Good thing I have wets under the car: In the evening picking up the resident female in the mountains and then down again for a Jazz concert. Still need to check who is playing to choose the best matching watch.
    If the weather has cleared up by then we will go for a drink on a roof top terrace at the harbor. Maybe best don a vintage LED. No, the Arduino one would be the thing. That is SURE to draw a comment and start conversation. And no, nooooo sexual agenda as I have to bring the c-company back to the farm. Well, unless she is up for a moresome of course. We'll see

Tl;dr but I'm sure it was riveting.
    It would have been an even better read if just some of the words used were in the correct order. All I managed to pick up was the was some snow, his GF has a softtop and he was planning to go down on Wednesday or whatever her name is.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I've got to hand it to you 'cilla, you don't half soak up some ribbing. Better than most, I might add.
    Look, I thoroughly enjoy my life and am having unadulterated fun with watches. It's all a compliment

Here the Thursday night one:

Last edited by Huertecilla; 14th March 2017 at 12:20.

Like it or not, Huertecilla's posts always emote discussion (derision, insult and all sorts of emotions too) and that's what this place is for.
    Personally I like the watch-to-scenario stuff going on and find it entertaining - and love reading the always esoteric stream of consciousness patter of many of H's threads. Our little Spanish Yack Kerouac.
    It's a more lively place with him here, for sure.....

Keep it up, tronco....

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Yack Kerouac
    Not sure if deliberate or not, but I like it :)

I also enjoy the colour imparted by these discussions

Thread of the day for me.

I don't drink when out.

When I drink beer at 'home' it is Trappist.

We have just experienced extreme climate change.
    From almost 30 degrees the temperature plummeted and we had SNOW!
    With the soils still warm it thawed but on the vulcan like mountain in the view the top is covered white.
    The pink blossoms and that white peak look like Japan!!!
    So donned a GS44 for the day.
    Well, day, it has started raining and for the moment that is adding snow on the mountain but it will soon all thaw out up there and soak all here. Mud plugging it is. Will swap for the DW5600 in a moment.

By Jove what a brutal change. Had the rag top down all weekend and planned to Thursday go for a drive with a gf's new cabrio. Had a photon drive watch planned for that. Will still go down Wednesday afternoon and enjoy the invitation of course but looking at the weather forecast that is going to be a vintage pre scuba bezel dive watch!

Good thing I have wets under the car: In the evening picking up the resident female in the mountains and then down again for a Jazz concert. Still need to check who is playing to choose the best matching watch.
    If the weather has cleared up by then we will go for a drink on a roof top terrace at the harbor. Maybe best don a vintage LED. No, the Arduino one would be the thing. That is SURE to draw a comment and start conversation. And no, nooooo sexual agenda as I have to bring the c-company back to the farm. Well, unless she is up for a moresome of course. We'll see
    Blimey this is the strangest reply to that original comment. You can also drink Trappist beer out, although limiting yourself to 11 breweries in the entire world seems moderately strange.

Your turn of phrase is amusing (and I assume contrived to get these reactions) though, keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I seem to have slipped a dimension - have we got photon drives now?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    I seem to have slipped a dimension - have we got photon drives now?
    Yes. Since 1971 actually.
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...3-Photon-drive

Meanwhile the weather has brightened up, the temperature shooting up again and the forecast for tomorrow dry too so...
    I am getting the 52 mm. uberfliegeruhr (Baumunster A) out for the cabrio rides. Got some cool goggle inspired sunglasses too. I am not all that keen on them but oddly enough they are the only sunglasses I get complimented on. Almost as the rule when I wear them.

As to Trappist; eleven???? Nah, I stick to the 6 real ones and of those 1 has to be drunk at the their door. Over here in the far south there are only 3 to be found and that after very intensive searching. I myself was thwarted but a great love of mine surprised me with La Trappe! Chalice and all!!
    Speaking of doors; I only drink Trappist when I am not going out.

Back to the subject; looking forward to wearing a watch over my jacket for a change. Lots of angles to enjoy conversations about too. I mean it starts with Santos-Dumont :-)
    Last edited by Huertecilla; 15th March 2017 at 11:25.

I think the thread title sums up the author.

R

Blog Entries
    ^^^

It does, but some old and familiar faces just can't help themselves

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I think the thread title sums up the author.

R
    It should sum up our watch hobby too

After all it's only watches and why devote any time to it when it is not fun

The weather is getting better and better here. Changed the plan for the morning and about to go out for a drink and tapas on the town square terrace with the resident female.
    Taking the SDGA to give it a photon boost.

Look, I thoroughly enjoy my life and am having unadulterated fun with watches. It's all a compliment

Here the Thursday night one:

Good for you, genuinely. Like others have said, threads like this can be both amusing and entertaining - harmless fun indeed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    You mean in the trunk of the DAF?
    It would be tasteless to make any sort of comment on the most appropriate brand/model for that occasion...

SGR

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cool B-Uhr put to good use

Wednesday was 'geboeid' by the watch.

Although I see nothing inappropriate in the harmless fun, I do want not to upset the more puritan minds here so; WARNING: Best not opened in family or office environment!

https://myalbum.com/photo/urgbWjPtAnkI/360.jpg

Are you sure you live somewhere sunny? That's like a Scottish tan...

Wednesday was 'geboeid' by the watch.

Although I see nothing inappropriate in the harmless fun, I do want not to upset the more puritan minds here so; WARNING: Best not opened in family or office environment!

https://myalbum.com/photo/urgbWjPtAnkI/360.jpg

That's just wrong and more than a bit creepy if you ask me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    Are you sure you live somewhere sunny? That's like a Scottish tan...
    She is ancient roots Malaguena.
    Apart from gitanos most spanish have a very light complexion and shun the sun like the plague.
    Having grown up under the sun they are aware about skin cancer, unlike us northerners.

But hey, again you turn to the unfun side of things so you get a for being misanthrope.

I say to those:

1. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

2. A3VT!

Ok, time to take her new cabrio out for a spin at the Costa del Sol.