closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incoming! Rolex GMT Master II 116719 BLRO

Craftsman

Incoming! Rolex GMT Master II 116719 BLRO

I feel lucky and privileged to finally own this piece, which is my ultimate Rolex (Platona excepted probably, but realistically that's never going to be in range for me). It essentially completes my collection also, being watch number four of my "inner circle" (JLC Duometre, AP RO, BLRO and no date SubC).

There are arguments against a precious metal sports watch certainly, but I couldn't be happier with it (especially knowing that I got it at a substantial discount) - my personality is such that I don't want the attention a coloured (full) gold Rolex would bring, so white gold is perfect for me - only me (and a few watch geeks) knowing what a special watch it is. As my first Gold bracelet watch also I've been really impressed with the warm and smooth feel of it on my wrist. It's supremely comfortable, even without the flexibility of a full GlideLock clasp (EasyLink is fine for me).

I had in mind the internet debates about the colour of the bezel (the blue half especially), but to my eyes it's perfect, and actually preferred to the rather bright colours of the older SS Pepsi reference. I hope these photos show that (on my screen at least they're an accurate representation) - I've seen a lot of photos which show the blue up as very purple, when in reality that's not the case.

Last edited by BlueIn2Red; 11th March 2017 at 14:10.

Craftsman
    Absolutely stunning, congrats on a beautifully understated watch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Congrats, that's such a nice and hefty chunk of gold! Excellent to see such clear photos. I never realised that the blue sat on top of an all red bezel.

I love that watch! As you say, understated but beautiful. Enjoy in good health.

Master
    Not just a great looking watch but one of the best collections I can think of assembling. Just need a chronograph to be the perfect group. Congratulations.

What a stunner!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    Not just a great looking watch but one of the best collections I can think of assembling. Just need a chronograph to be the perfect group. Congratulations.
    Cheers. I do have a SS Daytona (white dial) and a Speedie Pro for chronograph fun. These don't quite make my "inner circle" (my regular daily wear rotation essentially), but I still love both and they do get worn fairly often.

Fantastic. Only one of the ceramic bezeled Rolexes that I lust after.

Master
    That's pretty sweet

In the words of Bernard Mathews....."Bootiful"

Echo the above comments. Stunning!

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Fantastic watch!

Master
    Lovely watch, nice photos too

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

That really does look stunning ..... thanks for posting some real-world photos, and especially the wrist shot ... the colours look amazing ....

Craftsman
    Many congrats and that's some collection you have there!

Master
    Stunning - congratulations:-)

Master
    I like this watch very much, and would easily pick it over the pootona - even at identical prices.

So very nice. If I thought the weight wouldn't annoy me I'd seriously consider selling everything for one of these and wear it constantly. Congratulations.

Incoming! Rolex GMT Master II 116719 BLRO

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    So very nice. If I thought the weight wouldn't annoy me I'd seriously consider selling everything for one of these and wear it constantly. Congratulations.
    You're not the only one!

I don't think the weight would bother me though.

Craftsman
    It's surprising how quickly you get used to the weight on your wrist. Take it off and fondle it (I do this often!), and you can immediately feel the heft again.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGarton View Post
    It's surprising how quickly you get used to the weight on your wrist. Take it off and fondle it (I do this often!), and you can immediately feel the heft again.

Ideal then. Enjoy it Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I don't think the weight would bother me though.
    Maybe I just need to MTFU but when I swap from 5 digit Rolex to 6 digit models I find the weight a bit annoying to be honest, this would be a new level of heft. It looks amazing though and I like the relative exclusivity.

If I had the funds, I would definitely have purchased one of those! Congrats!

Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing. I live in the hope a stainless steel Pepsi will one day be released, but like Ally, I think a mass consolidation of my collection will be the only way I get to wear this design classic stunning

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Up to now I have only ever peered at these through a few shop windows.

Your photographs clearly show it off to a whole new level.

scooter

Craftsman
    Well that is a lovely watch. Enjoy!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Excellent photos of a lovely piece. Enjoy that.
    You have to wonder why these are not more popular.
    Last edited by Skyman; 11th March 2017 at 19:27.

What a cracker. I gaze at one of these every Saturday

Yep awesome.

That really is stealth luxury at its best

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Just amazing, enjoy it!

I feel lucky and privileged to finally own this piece, which is my ultimate Rolex (Platona excepted probably, but realistically that's never going to be in range for me). It essentially completes my collection also, being watch number four of my "inner circle" (JLC Duometre, AP RO, BLRO and no date SubC).

There are arguments against a precious metal sports watch certainly, but I couldn't be happier with it (especially knowing that I got it at a substantial discount) - my personality is such that I don't want the attention a coloured (full) gold Rolex would bring, so white gold is perfect for me - only me (and a few watch geeks) knowing what a special watch it is. As my first Gold bracelet watch also I've been really impressed with the warm and smooth feel of it on my wrist. It's supremely comfortable, even without the flexibility of a full GlideLock clasp (EasyLink is fine for me).

I had in mind the internet debates about the colour of the bezel (the blue half especially), but to my eyes it's perfect, and actually preferred to the rather bright colours of the older SS Pepsi reference. I hope these photos show that (on my screen at least they're an accurate representation) - I've seen a lot of photos which show the blue up as very purple, when in reality that's not the case.
    That's a very nice watch indeed. I've had the privilege of trying it on a couple of times. If it was stainless steel thus £15k cheaper I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Enjoy sir.

Wow,looks great👍.
    Congratulations.

Very nice. I've come so close to buying one myself!
    It's just a matter of time...

It's probably the ultimate 'sleeper' sports Rolex.

The uninformed will assume that it's a pre-ceramic, or a lookie-likey.

WiS will nod with quiet consideration of your purchase :)

Journeyman
    Enjoy that watch fella...simply awesome! Great pics! They almost do it justice! ;)

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Love it.

Exellent capture.

Very jealous.

Very impressive. The photos are okay too ;)
    Congrats

Master
    Love it!

Great pics.

Banned
    My grail, there was one in the window at goldsmiths Trafford centre on Wednesday night, good job my credit card limit is less than £25k !!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I never realised that the blue sat on top of an all red bezel.
    I thought Rolex had struggled to fuse the red and blue together but eventually came up with a solution. Are you saying it is a complete red bezel with a blue layer on top ?

Master
    Wow stunning watch, you must be extremely proud and pleased. In the seventh photo it's funny how the bezel indices almost look applied on to the bezel, as opposed so engraved into it.
    Out of curiosity as I will never get to own one, does the bracelet / clasp mark as easily as the polished centre links on the normal GMT?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi46vr View Post
    I thought Rolex had struggled to fuse the red and blue together but eventually came up with a solution. Are you saying it is a complete red bezel with a blue layer on top ?
    Basically yes (although I believe the ceramic starts green), see the picture below (which isn't mine). What I also found interesting is that when I used a UV torch to charge the lume the whole thing shows up as a fluorescent red colour.

gmt_master_ii_m116719blro-0001_cerachrom_bezel_0001_840x520.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Out of curiosity as I will never get to own one, does the bracelet / clasp mark as easily as the polished centre links on the normal GMT?
    Yes (more so really, because it's gold which is softer of course).

Quote Originally Posted by rossi46vr View Post
    That's how it appears here.

Banned
    Basically yes (although I believe the ceramic starts green), see the picture below (which isn't mine). What I also found interesting is that when I used a UV torch to charge the lume the whole thing shows up as a fluorescent red colour.
    Wow, didn't know that, I suppose it's stronger than fusing 2 different colours together. So is my BLNR bezel all black with a layer of blue on top of half of it ?

Craftsman
    Having only seen these in pictures I was always slightly underwhelmed with this model.

That changed when I saw one in an AD window, what an absolute stunner of a watch.

Looks great, I bet you're still smiling

Craftsman
    What a corker. I tried this on last week at an AD and was blown away with the looks and feel of the watch. I gently popped it down when looked at price tag mind, but sounds like you sorted that bit out too.

Congrats, really nice watch

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    That's a very nice watch indeed. I've had the privilege of trying it on a couple of times. If it was stainless steel thus £15k cheaper I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Enjoy sir.

This is my perspective too. I know it makes it a whole lot more Exclusive but in SS like the BLNR I think this would sell in shed loads. Sadly they sit lovingly admired in AD windows but out of reach or overpriced for most. Stunning watch though.

A grail watch on my part as well, wear it in good health!

I love it! And great photos too.