closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Another winner from Eddie (PRS20 content)

Master

Another winner from Eddie (PRS20 content)

Managed to swoop on the bargain PRS-20 full lume offered by Learningtofly on the S/C earlier this week.

I've always been a fan of the full lume version but for one reason or another never bought one when they were released.

I'm quite surprised there don't seem to have been any full lume divers watches developed during the war especially as there were full lume deck watches being used. http://ninanet.net/watches/others12/Mediums/mdecks.html

Anyway, it's a lovely watch, very tactile as others have noted, quick iPhone picture,

It's currently on the wife's wrist however, on a cheap pink leather 'croc' grain, if she likes it I'll look out for a better strap.

Nice. Bea had a baby blue croc grain strap from Hirsch that looked very cute :)

Master

IPhone Lume shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

Added the black dial to her 'collection'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    Managed to swoop on the bargain PRS-20 full lume offered by Learningtofly on the S/C earlier this week.

I've always been a fan of the full lume version but .................................

I'm quite surprised there don't seem to have been any full lume divers watches developed during the war especially as there were full lume deck watches being used. http://ninanet.net/watches/others12/Mediums/mdecks.html

Anyway, it's a lovely watch .................................................. ...................

IPhone Lume shot.

Added the black dial to her 'collection'.
    I agree with you about the TF "Italians" being especially nice homages to the early (Rolex made, I guess) Panerais apparently used by the Italian Navy's special operations dive teams to such dramatic effect against harbored British warships at WWII's beginning, but I think therein lies the answer to your question on why no full lume military dive watches.

Specifically, I think it would be a good guess that those who requisitioned the highly selected equipment for the spec-ops divers of fascist Italy (or any other militarily involved nation utilizing clandestine divers in WWII and since) would have been concerned that full lume dials were far more liable to draw the attention of the enemy when absolute stealth would so likely be critical to the success of the type of missions such divers were tasked with (i.e. and therefore the black dial versions were universally chosen instead)

BTW, I think all three versions of the Italians showed up recently FS on SC, and they always draw my attention, too. All of them are neat watches and I'd bet your wife would also like the aged lume California dial version a lot (or maybe she'd even be kind enough to let you wear it if your luck is good)

Sorry, but not for me

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollon View Post

BTW, I think all three versions of the Italians showed up recently FS on SC, and they always draw my attention, too. All of them are neat watches and I'd bet your wife would also like the aged lume California dial version a lot (or maybe she'd even be kind enough to let you wear it if your luck is good)
    'Collection' complete, as noted by others, it's amazing how the 20c looks smaller.

Master
    On its own,

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am a big fan of the 20, bought the LE when issued and bought a "standard" model for rough wear, currently being used by my dad.

The full lume is OK but I think would be much better with solid hands, similar to the Damasko DA37 - with a full lume dial, why have lume on the hands too?

The 20C never really appealed until I saw it in your picture, looks better each time I see it.

I still get maximum pleasure out of winding and strapping on my PRS20, more so than quite a few of my other watches. It used to be exclusively for casual wear but I wore it to a meeting earlier this week and had a chap remark that it would be a perfect watch for him as he was blind as a bat. Comparisons with the PRS20C really do show off the simplicity of the huge dial and hands.

Master
    Full house!

Well sort of, I know there are PVD versions out there but picked up the cerakoted destro for SWIMBO,

Amazing collection. That must have taken some time and effort to assemble.

Out of interest, what do you think of the bronze PRS-30?

Master
    Never owned the 30 And to be honest it not really taken my fancy. I'm sure it an excellent watch though!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Never owned the 30 And to be honest it not really taken my fancy. I'm sure it an excellent watch though!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I was just looking at the specs and I noticed that it isn't a bronze PRS-20. The case dimensions are a little different.

Master
    Went to order a Californian the other day, was going to be my first new watch in a long time, and one from Eddie seems right from being part of the forum for so long - sold out and discontinued :( my fault and those pics haven't helped.

Think it will be a 29B instead to cover the handwound itch but I do keep looking at the bronze (i know auto)

Wonder what is in store for 2017?

absolutely stunning the purple strap, with the black face - reminds me of Liquorish and blackcurrant,

Mozza

Lightbulb

I've always been a fan of the full lume version but for one reason or another never bought one when they were released.

Anyway, it's a lovely watch, very tactile as others have noted, quick iPhone picture,

It's currently on the wife's wrist however, on a cheap pink leather 'croc' grain, if she likes it I'll look out for a better strap.
    Nice...i miss this one.