closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-5 3133 Query

PRS-5 3133 Query

Hello, I'm new to the forums so I apologise if this is posted in the wrong section.

I'm currently negotiating to buy a PRS-5 (Broadarrow) with the 3133 movement.

The sum total of my knowledge of this movement is zero, so I wonder if other, more knowledgeable, members of the forum can help with a couple of questions.

The movement is Russian, but I read somewhere that Zeno were involved in the modification/improvement of the 3133 movement. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read this.

Does anyone know what (if any) modifications were made to the movement, and do any past or present owners comment on any issues with the movement, either during usage or when servicing?

Basically I'm just wondering if I'll regret pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance.

I couldn't tell you if Zeno made any improvements but I believe that Eddie had a few QC issues with the movement. That said, the 3133 is pretty reliable assuming it was working okay in the first place! Be aware that the Poljot 3133 movement has been out of production quite a few years now and spares can be tricky to source. However, donor movements are still pretty easy and relatively cheap to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I couldn't tell you if Zeno made any improvements but I believe that Eddie had a few QC issues with the movement. That said, the 3133 is pretty reliable assuming it was working okay in the first place! Be aware that the Poljot 3133 movement has been out of production quite a few years now and spares can be tricky to source. However, donor movements are still pretty easy and relatively cheap to buy.
    Thank you for the info. The availability of spares is a concern. I assumed that the 3133 was a mass-produced movement and that spares wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Thank you for the info. The availability of spares is a concern. I assumed that the 3133 was a mass-produced movement and that spares wouldn't be an issue.
    Yes, it was mass produced but finding spares can be problematic - pretty much everything that is available has been robbed from donor movements. EBay usually has a few bits available but it's also worth checking out the Russian watch section of WUS as quite a few members there have a ready stock of parts (including myself). I'd still buy it as long as it's currently running okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Yes, it was mass produced but finding spares can be problematic - pretty much everything that is available has been robbed from donor movements. EBay usually has a few bits available but it's also worth checking out the Russian watch section of WUS as quite a few members there have a ready stock of parts (including myself). I'd still buy it as long as it's currently running okay.
    Thanks again! Maybe it's time for me to grab one or two while they're there.