closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming, finally.... Patek 5146

Incoming, finally.... Patek 5146

Well after much deliberation, mind changing, soul searching and what have you; I have finally settled on my last ever (cough, cough) watch purchase.
    I started my search wanting a gold watch and initially thought a Lange 1 was what I was going to get. Fabulous watch but then I started to wander. Looked at the Journe Chronometre Souverain- again fabulous but I couldn't find rose gold and I did want a date.

I Then drifted back to Patek and was (and still am) smitten with the 5296r (non-sector dial). I had all but decided that this was he one for me when the AD holding it said they also had a 5146g in stock also, come along and compare. Being able to see pieces side by side is sometimes a difficult part of making comparisons so today I went to visit with my G/F and made my mind up and took the plunge and came back with this....

There are more modern annual calendars out there from Patek but the size, dial and power reserve (which I think is incredibly useful) have won me over. The fact that my G/F approves and she's not a watch person also helps! It's classic Patek but in white gold looks modern without being too 'blingy'

I'm very lucky to have been in a position to have had a choice at this level and in the end I'm happy with the decision I made. The dog likes it too

Lovely! And it prompted me to look up why moon phase windows are always shaped like that (obvious when you know!).

That is exquisite.

Craftsman
    Fantastic watch, congratulations

Master
    Beautiful. And Patek are the pioneers of Annual calendars. Congrats!!!

Master
    Classy!

Master
    Beautiful watch

Yep thats a good one!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I must say 👏

I had the good fortune to pick up a 5726 annual calendar Nautilus a few months ago, and every time I put it on it still makes me smile.

This piece is very pretty,and the power reserve is in perfect proportion to the dial.

Enjoy it in good health !

Craftsman
    That is an incredibly good looking watch, many congrats!

Blimey that's impressive. Well played.

Lovley👍👍

Master
    Great choice. I like the combination with the strap, as does your dog by the looks of it. Enjoy :-)

Mega congratulations 😊
    All your previous choices were first class and includes some of my favourite brands.
    But the 5146 will always be special to me, as it was the first Patek Philippe that I owned.
    It is also a classic watch, with an extremely useful everyday complication 😊

Craftsman

lovely

understated yet screams quality, a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

Thank you all for your kind comments. I'll let you know how easy it is to live with or if there are any issues and try and get some better pics later.

Craftsman
    What an elegant timepiece. Congratulations on your acquisition!

Blog Entries
    Superb choice. As they say in these parts, 'mine says hello', though it is the 5146J version. I'm glad I'll have this one for when I'm too old to remember the day date month (let alone time). :-)

Craftsman
    Massive congratulations - It's the kind of watch I aspire to own, but unless I'm blessed with a lottery win, will forever be out of reach.
    Wear, and enjoy!

[QUOTE=MartynJC (UK);4273942]Superb choice. As they say in these parts, 'mine says hello', though it is the 5146J version. I'm glad I'll have this one for when I'm too old to remember the day date month (let alone time). :-)

Thanks Martyn,
    Hopefully my ownership experience will be the same. I haven't got much done today for keeping on looking at it :)

Exquisite choice, congrats!

Master
    That's beautiful. Congratulations!

Awesome piece! I saw a couple sitting in the AD in Bond street when I went past yesterday. No signs of any Aquanaut or Nautilus though.

Just out of curiousity, is there anywhere in London that stocks FP Journe? A quick google suggests William & Son in Mayfair? Sorry for going off thread AP!

Congrats again!

That's beautiful, a massive congratulations from a fellow PP fanatic!

Master
    An absolutely exquisite piece. Congrats on your purchase.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hyl1987 View Post
    Awesome piece! I saw a couple sitting in the AD in Bond street when I went past yesterday. No signs of any Aquanaut or Nautilus though.

Just out of curiousity, is there anywhere in London that stocks FP Journe? A quick google suggests William & Son in Mayfair? Sorry for going off thread AP!

Congrats again!
    William and son are the only AD's in the country. They also stock Laurent Ferrer and H.Moser. I have found in the past for them to have a bit of a cold attitude though.

A beautiful watch and many congratulations! I'm working up to that but for now I have my beautiful 5711 also with a white dial:

Master
    Beautiful choice. Wear it in great health :-)

Not been off he wrist yet. Even the lume is attractive...

Interesting way of showing the power reserve. I haven't see it like that before - I'm used to seeing it on a JLC where it's more like a dial.

Beautiful watch.

Journeyman
    Very, very nice

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Congrats on a super time piece, very nice and elegant one of the better looking patek imo

Journeyman
    Congrats on a great piece!!

Master
    May you wear it in health.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, this thread has cost me a fortune. After having tried each metal finish in London earlier in the week, I now have a 5146r due in May. At that time, something will have to give.

Congrats
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Well, this thread has cost me a fortune. After having tried each metal finish in London earlier in the week, I now have a 5146r due in May. At that time, something will have to give.
    Wow, congratulations. I was close to picking the 'r'. The be honest you can't go wrong with any combination, they all work.

Just a quick update on ownership so far- One thing I did do was to change the strap round and wear it upside down so that the deployant fits more comfortably. It's worked so well it hasn't been off my wrist, other than when doing some gardening. Very comfortable and the size is still just what I wanted.
    I hope you enjoy yours just as much

Craftsman
    I still can't get over how stunning this watch it. Think i'll be dreaming for a long time!

Something to save up for..may take a long time, but beautiful

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    On bugger. It is early! Not sure I need two annual calendars - the Skydweller is due in a few months. Looks around for something to sell.;)

Stunning watches fella's. Great to see. More pics please :-)

Happy to oblige...

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    Happy to oblige...

Thanks, It really is spectacular!

Craftsman
    I am also considering doing that one last purchase but is that a real thing or just a bad excuse for your brain hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    Well after much deliberation, mind changing, soul searching and what have you; I have finally settled on my last ever (cough, cough) watch purchase.
    I started my search wanting a gold watch and initially thought a Lange 1 was what I was going to get. Fabulous watch but then I started to wander. Looked at the Journe Chronometre Souverain- again fabulous but I couldn't find rose gold and I did want a date.

I Then drifted back to Patek and was (and still am) smitten with the 5296r (non-sector dial). I had all but decided that this was he one for me when the AD holding it said they also had a 5146g in stock also, come along and compare. Being able to see pieces side by side is sometimes a difficult part of making comparisons so today I went to visit with my G/F and made my mind up and took the plunge and came back with this....

There are more modern annual calendars out there from Patek but the size, dial and power reserve (which I think is incredibly useful) have won me over. The fact that my G/F approves and she's not a watch person also helps! It's classic Patek but in white gold looks modern without being too 'blingy'

I'm very lucky to have been in a position to have had a choice at this level and in the end I'm happy with the decision I made. The dog likes it too