closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swatch at it again

Swatch at it again

I recently ordered a 24mm Omega mesh from Cousins for my recently acquired ploprof 600, it was out of stock when with next delivery stated for July. Now they have cancelled the order due to Swatch restricting supply. Whilst I dont agree with the Swatch policy of restricting movement parts supply I can sort of understand it as they want to profit from doing all servicing in-house but a bloody bracelet, talk aboput alienating your customer base. If anybody knows a source for an Omega 24mm mesh I would appreciate it (not the inflated prices that they are appearing on Ebay these days), the bracelet thats currently fitted may not be genuine (a genuine link that I bought would not fit and there isnt a part number on the clasp) and is an any case too small so I cant wear the watch at the moment.
    Thanks
    Keith

Sounds obvious, but can't you order from an Omega AD? I'm assuming you can't if you had to go to Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Sounds obvious, but can't you order from an Omega AD? I'm assuming you can't if you had to go to Cousins.
    Cousins were always the best price for these, at least in my experience but yes that would be my next port of call assuming the likes of Goldsmiths ever come back with a quote..not a great track record again in my experience.

Update, I bypassed the retailers and phoned the Regent Street Omega Boutique, dealt with by a friendly and efficient lady who ordered me a bracelet for £340, £40 more than Cousins but as they cant supply anyway thats a mute point!

Keith
    Last edited by huytonman; 19th June 2017 at 16:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    I used that page to get the correct reference number useful data, the price works out quite a bit more than getting one over here though but thanks!
    Keith

Grand Master
    Ordering Omega parts from Ofrei is unlikely to be cheaper than UK sourcing from an AD or from Cousins. Exchange rates and import tax are the problem. I occasionally buy stuff from them thst can't be sourced elsewhere; they do a very good range of generic vintage watch hands that suit early Omega Seamasters and Constellations for example.

Paul