closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tetrad Taransay Chair

Craftsman

Tetrad Taransay Chair

Higher management has taken a shine to this armchair but to save my sanity does anyone know of any similar quality alternatives please. Ive had quick google but trawling through page after page after page..... well you get the idea isnt my idea of weekend fun

Craftsman
    Apologies I can't help, but out of interest, what is a 'Ladies chair'?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
    Higher management has taken a shine to this armchair but to save my sanity does anyone know of any similar quality alternatives please. Ive had quick google but trawling through page after page after page..... well you get the idea isnt my idea of weekend fun
    hi. any pics?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    Apologies I can't help, but out of interest, what is a 'Ladies chair'?
    It's just a smaller version of the gents chair

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    hi. any pics?
    Here you go https://www.barkerandstonehouse.co.u...ns-3211-71424/

Master
    thank you. it looks good.

Craftsman
    MX5 seat perhaps?

Craftsman
    Have a look at www.timelesschesterfields.com they are very good quality and can mix and match material and leather as you wish. I'm having a sofa and chair made by them at present with a mix of Harris tweed and leather and their prices are very competitive and their service has been great.

Couldn't you just find somebody who makes custom covers, buy some tweed and take it from there with any old armchair?

Craftsman
    We used these guys for a bespoke orange leather L-shaped 4.5m long chesterfield. We visited the factory and it was like going back to school, watching one of those "how it's made" films!!

http://www.chesterfieldsdirect.co.uk/bespoke-furniture

When we visited they had a few wingback chairs in a similar style to the one you are looking at, which they had made for a hotel in Scotland.

Excellent service and very reasonable, no affiliation to them though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn5 View Post
    MX5 seat perhaps?
    Interesting idea ... not sure it might make it past the senior decision maker

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Couldn't you just find somebody who makes custom covers, buy some tweed and take it from there with any old armchair?
    I can look into this but based on recovering a sofa it was cheaper to just buy a new one

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by t955daytona View Post
    Have a look at www.timelesschesterfields.com they are very good quality and can mix and match material and leather as you wish. I'm having a sofa and chair made by them at present with a mix of Harris tweed and leather and their prices are very competitive and their service has been great.
    Thanks for the steer much appreciated

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimnic007 View Post
    We used these guys for a bespoke orange leather L-shaped 4.5m long chesterfield. We visited the factory and it was like going back to school, watching one of those "how it's made" films!!

http://www.chesterfieldsdirect.co.uk/bespoke-furniture

When we visited they had a few wingback chairs in a similar style to the one you are looking at, which they had made for a hotel in Scotland.

Excellent service and very reasonable, no affiliation to them though.
    Thanks for this I'll give them a look

We've had a couple of sofas made at oldboot sofas https://www.oldbootsofas.com/leather...wing-chairs-c3 and our daughter has just taken delivery of one in their new superior "Tribe Leather" which looks fantastic! They also offer other fabrics too.
    The have a small showroom in Fulham and their customer service was great after an annoying child last Christmas decided to sit on a chocolate bar for a few hours on our chesterfield!!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    We've had a couple of sofas made at oldboot sofas https://www.oldbootsofas.com/leather...wing-chairs-c3 and our daughter has just taken delivery of one in their new superior "Tribe Leather" which looks fantastic! They also offer other fabrics too.
    The have a small showroom in Fulham and their customer service was great after an annoying child last Christmas decided to sit on a chocolate bar for a few hours on our chesterfield!!!
    Thanks for that we've got one of their Chesterfield's and very pleased with it. I think SWMBO was taken with the mix of tweed and leather on the Tetrad and I can't seem to find anything similar on Old Boot

Thanks for that we've got one of their Chesterfield's and very pleased with it. I think SWMBO was taken with the mix of tweed and leather on the Tetrad and I can't seem to find anything similar on Old Boot
    They had lots of fabric swatches when I took my daughter there before Christmas, along with their new Tribe leather which isn't on the website either. Might be worth giving them a call...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    They had lots of fabric swatches when I took my daughter there before Christmas, along with their new Tribe leather which isn't on the website either. Might be worth giving them a call...
    OK thanks will do

What's wrong with the Tetrad ?

Is it the high price ?

We've got a couple of all leather , down filled Tetrad sofas and they are absolutely fantastic .....yes , they cost a lot, but bullet proof build quality

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by steviefleming View Post
    What's wrong with the Tetrad ?

Is it the high price ?

We've got a couple of all leather , down filled Tetrad sofas and they are absolutely fantastic .....yes , they cost a lot, but bullet proof build quality
    Mainly the price which whilst not eye watering I was just checking to see if there were any other value alternatives out there