closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jura customer service - right or wrong?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    the company may be sick and tired of people buying stuff with the intention of returning it. Tyre kicking like that makes new stock second hand so this may have had some bearing on their attitude.
    Surely this is the business they are in. The law (and, frankly, good customer service) makes it this way. I.e. It is a legitimate and proper part of the distance sales process that compensates for not being able to examine an item in person. It just has to be factored into distance sellers' costs.

I found Jura staff to be rude, very unprofessional and in several instances, a bit thick. I won't be purchasing from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Operation Grandslam View Post
    I found Jura staff to be rude, very unprofessional and in several instances, a bit thick. I won't be purchasing from them again.
    Best username ever

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Good for you for being honest and a gent in letting them know their error, bad form on them for not being a bit more grateful, possibly should even have given you a discount off your next purchase.
    BUT,
    I'm glad it's not just me who thought it was shabby service. Anyway, I'll post this on the other watch forums I frequent and let the watch-buying public decide if they want to deal with Jura again
    bit of an over-reaction for £5.
    Don't spoil it now by trying to ruin somebody's business over an employees momentary lack of good judgement, that then takes the high ground away from you.
    Better to just send an email to the manager and let him/her know that it spoiled your experience and it's a chance for him/her to re-educate the emploees, rather than some sense of revenge you never know you might get something better out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    Don't spoil it now by trying to ruin somebody's business over an employees momentary lack of good judgement, that then takes the high ground away from you.
    Better to just send an email to the manager and let him/her know that it spoiled your experience and it's a chance for him/her to re-educate the emploees, rather than some sense of revenge you never know you might get something better out of it.
    Have you actually read all the replies (and elsewhere too) Jura aren't no saints and I can back that up with my own personal experience too.

Master
    But not all their customers have posted on here!!!!! Also half of the postings are not customers, just opinions on the OP.
    I do take your point but surely you can see that not all their customers have had a bad experience, I've been a happy customer with 2 Certinas from them in February last year.
    1x Ball Chain Heart Tag Bracelet for £0.00 each Free Gift
    1x Triple Open Circle Necklace 41cm for £0.00 each Free Gift
    1x Certina Watch DS First Gent Ceramic Quartz for £508.33 each
    1x Certina Watch DS First Gent Ceramic Chrono Quartz for £550.00 each
    In fact I recall I put a posting up asking for opinions before using them and got good responces about them and then a good experience.

And did you read my posting.
    bad form on them for not being a bit more grateful, possibly should even have given you a discount off your next purchase.
    Last edited by K300; 7th March 2017 at 02:23.

Sloppy service, but in all fairness it looks as though the drunk intern had the pleasure of responding to you

Craftsman
    Yes bad form from Jura but I would expect a manager would put that straight for you if you were to send an e mail or call.

The practice of ordering multiple items over the internet with the intent of sending items back that don't suit is widespread and fully accepted by these retailers, some even offer free returns.
    With wearable items like watches and clothes how do you know if they fit or suit you? I often order two sizes of clothing as most manufacturers differ in size and wouldn't hesitate to order more than one watch if I were undecided. The posts declaring this as bad form are wrong IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    This story demonstrates how easy it is to get customer service wrong. The financial saving for Jura is minuscule, while the reputational damage is huge. Utter stupidity on their part.

I have my own reasons for being less than thrilled with Jura at the moment. Around 6 weeks ago I ordered (and paid for in full) a Doxa SUB 1500t Professional, and was given an estimated delivery of 2 weeks. I am still waiting for the watch and they seem to have no idea when they will receive it. The reason is that Doxa can't get movements. Whilst I know this is the case as I've contacted Doxa direct, my issue with Jura is their complete 'radio silence' - they answer around one e-mail in three, and then give me bland, generic and slightly patronising reassurances that are clearly meaningless. They have almost 2 grand of my money, for goodness sake!

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am sadly having the same experience with Jura over an order. They simply don't communicate with the customer and when they do they are hopelessly vague. They seem to be relying on their volume sales and finance deals to overcome poor service.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonben72 View Post
    I am sadly having the same experience with Jura over an order. They simply don't communicate with the customer and when they do they are hopelessly vague.
    Couldn't agree more with this - can't see me using them again to be honest. (Down to just two AD's for Sinn now, so here's hoping they're better!)

Nothing to do with Jura but two contrasting behaviours. The first was CW who I bought a Trident from last year, arrived quickly and was all in order - two months later Chris Ward sent me a letter apologising for sending the wrong bracelet and offering me a voucher or cash refund of 90 quid...I was and remain unaware of the difference with what they sent and what I ordered but was impressed by their pro-active approach. Second was Bremont who quoted me £80 for a bracelet refinish, when I returned to the AD to collect the bracelet I was told there was no charge as it was still under warranty...another unexpected and welcome gesture. Both companies deposited a lot of goodwill in my account with their attitude.
    Jura has been ok with me but I look upon them much as I do Amazon, lots of stock, good prices on occasion but unlikley to give great service, just adequate in my experience.
    Btw refunding half the postage sounds like the sort of thing a school leaver would do...no life experience to fall back on...made me laugth when I read that!
    Keith

UPDATE

I wonder if they read the watch forums?

I phoned yesterday to see how the refund for the returned watch was going and mentioned the postage situation. She put me on hold and came back to say they would be refunding the full amount.

Then an email dropped about 5 minutes ago:

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email. I have spoken with yourself on the phone in regards to the postage refund. We are happy to refund you the full amount paid for postage back to ourselves. This will be refunded back to yourself through a cheque.

Kindest Regards,

They got there in the end. Now I just have to wait for the cheque arrive …

Ugh. Using "yourself" incorrectly. Fancy letting people with no grasp of the English language loose on customers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroblack350 View Post
    Couldn't agree more with this - can't see me using them again to be honest. (Down to just two AD's for Sinn now, so here's hoping they're better!)
    I've found Page and Cooper to be pretty good, and certainly more responsive than Jura.

Master
    I have bought three watches from Jura. I expected them to be new...unworn and box fresh. But if Jura routinely take back watches, how can this be? They still have to sell these watches, and it couldn't be economic to sell all 'returns' at a big discount ( could it?).
    So it seems likely to me that you can't truly be sure you are getting a new watch under this sales pattern. Which is the main reason I am so dubious about the whole 'sale or return' thing. What are you actually getting? And how can you know whether it has been used by someone else ? Something has to give....

Jura customer service - right or wrong?

I bought a GS recently from Jura and this is my experience.

GS are a bit marmite and I did not have the missus with me to 'sign off' on the aesthetics. I know, I know under the thumb and all that but half of it is her money technically and she has to look at it and also feel comfortable we spent that much money on another watch.

I got it home and it immediately felt thick and too thick on the wrist, I did not notice it in the shop. The missus also gave it the thumbs down and back it went for a refund.

Only Jura don't do refunds if you buy in the store. What sort of company is that, a 5k purchase and you cannot change your mind. Goldsmiths or any jeweller would happily do this.

I don't tend to deal with companies that don't do refunds as sometimes we change our minds on clothes or shoes or tv's etc and we may want to take them back unused within a certain period.

At the point of purchase with Jura they did not tell me their return policy, however I mentioned to the guy (top bloke by the way) that it may be returned and he was ok with that.

On taking it back to the shop, he was not there and had to be phoned on his day off to authorise it, they had to do five money transfers to send me the money back and it took about an hour. If I had not insisted I would have had to walk away and come back to see the manager at the very best.

I quite like the people there, and the brands are cool but it does put me off dealing with them again.

The watch was totally unmarked, I actually asked for wrapping so was totally as new.
    Last edited by Robbyman; 8th March 2017 at 10:06.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I have bought three watches from Jura. I expected them to be new...unworn and box fresh. But if Jura routinely take back watches, how can this be? They still have to sell these watches, and it couldn't be economic to sell all 'returns' at a big discount ( could it?).
    So it seems likely to me that you can't truly be sure you are getting a new watch under this sales pattern. Which is the main reason I am so dubious about the whole 'sale or return' thing. What are you actually getting? And how can you know whether it has been used by someone else ? Something has to give....
    A lot of watches get out on display and back in he safe on May days at AD's and they also get tried on and handled many many times.

They are still new and technically factory fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Interesting approach to honesty from a customer, sort of makes you feel that if it ever happens again take a different course of action and keep the extra.
    My thoughts also.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
    A lot of watches get out on display and back in he safe on May days at AD's and they also get tried on and handled many many times.

They are still new and technically factory fresh.
    'Technically factory fresh'.

What does that even mean?

GS are a bit marmite and I did not have the missus with me to 'sign off' on the aesthetics. I know, I know under the thumb and all that but half of it is her money technically and she has to look at it and also feel comfortable we spent that much money on another watch.

I got it home and it immediately felt thick and too thick on the wrist, I did not notice it in the shop. The missus also gave it the thumbs down and back it went for a refund.

Only Jura don't do refunds if you buy in the store. What sort of company is that, a 5k purchase and you cannot change your mind. Goldsmiths or any jeweller would happily do this.

I don't tend to deal with companies that don't do refunds as sometimes we change our minds on clothes or shoes or tv's etc and we may want to take them back unused within a certain period.

At the point of purchase with Jura they did not tell me their return policy, however I mentioned to the guy (top bloke by the way) that it may be returned and he was ok with that.

On taking it back to the shop, he was not there and had to be phoned on his day off to authorise it, they had to do five money transfers to send me the money back and it took about an hour. If I had not insisted I would have had to walk away and come back to see the manager at the very best.

I quite like the people there, and the brands are cool but it does put me off dealing with them again.

The watch was totally unmarked, I actually asked for wrapping so was totally as new.
    My experience of the young chap in the Leeds shop (name of Josh IIRC) is that he is indeed a nice chap and very helpful.

But I think this poster is being totally unfair. How can they sell a returned watch as new at full price? Would anyone want to buy a "new" watch for full price when someone has returned it because of buyer's remorse? Totally unreasonable to expect any business to take a loss just because a buyer changes his mind.

Master
    I pre-ordered a blue lagoon samurai in January, based on their expected delivery of late February. March arrived and no email to pay the balance. So I emailed Jura, and fairly quickly received a vague but polite email to the tune of "when the watches arrive from Seiko".
    Last night I decided to open a PayPal claim, and today a friendly polite lady called Alice rang me and asked if I still wanted a Samurai, but she didn't know when they'd be in, or if I wanted a different watch, or if I still wanted my £200 back. I asked for the money back, she said she would process it, and within minutes it was done. Money back in my PayPal account. Quickly followed by an email thanking me and offering any further help if needed.
    So not a happy story as such, but overall happy with the end result/customer service.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I have just emailed them a receipt for return postage too after a failing on their part. They basically forgot to tell one of their branches to dispatch a sale watch which I'd ordered as a gift for someone. When it hadn't arrived in time for the birthday I phoned to cancel the order and also confirmed this by email. They dispatched it the next day! They then advised me to return it at my expense then email the receipt and it would be looked into. We'll see what happens next.
    I've received a refund for the watch and an email saying their accounts dept will issue a cheque for the postage.

Although the end result was positive it's been a bit of a faff, I'd think twice before using them again.

Journeyman
    In balance; some great service from Jura this week :)

My UX was due to depart Frankfurt on Tuesday 7th, on Friday 10th I got an email from Jura saying it was ready to send back to me. They posted it immediately and by Saturday morning I had my UX back - result. Unfortunately although I had the nice Sinn travel case, my box was missing, presumed lost on the way. Anyway, a quick email back to Jura and it's located and on on it's way back to me - another result.

So, a really quick email turnaround and with good results - top marks to Lucy :)

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Ugh. Using "yourself" incorrectly. Fancy letting people with no grasp of the English language loose on customers.
    This x 1000000. Drives me crazy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    It's definitely a gamble. I've bought four watches from Jira, and two clearly weren't brand new (small scratches, no proper stickers, strap wear). Of course you always have the option of returning as well, but that's a hassle, extra cost for nothing in return, and disappointing when you've been looking forward to the new watch.

I got it home and it immediately felt thick and too thick on the wrist, I did not notice it in the shop. The missus also gave it the thumbs down and back it went for a refund..
    It's a laudable approach to consult the missus and I agree with all your reasons on doing that; my other half doesn't let my hear the end of it if I wear a watch she doesn't like. She signed off on a Spring Drive GMT to my amazement.

The GS watches are thick and some of the Spring Drives are like hockey pucks, only the quartz seem truly thin. Many of the high beat automatics also have quite long lugs which, combined with the thickness, makes for a whopper of a watch. It's impossible to tell all this from pictures and it's not discussed much on forums. Oddly, I like my Spring Drive's thickness as some​ of that thickness is taken up by the substantial bezel and offset by a fairly flat case back. I tried the watch on twice, with nearly an hour in between, to make sure as I was abroad at the time.

Which type of GS was it?

Is this the same Jura that used to have a shop in London? Savile Row sort of way?

Because they were crap there as well.

Master

Jura just sent me a dispatch notification for an already fulfilled order from 3 months ago. This either means they finally send me the free gift or they'll send me another watch. A bit worried as I can't be bothered to deal with a return..

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdude View Post
    Jura just sent me a dispatch notification for an already fulfilled order from 3 months ago. This either means they finally send me the free gift or they'll send me another watch. A bit worried as I can't be bothered to deal with a return..
    Dont worry it will be for the watch you received months ago, same happened to me

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Dont worry it will be for the watch you received months ago, same happened to me
    Appreciate the gesture but a free spring bar removal tool 3 months after the purchase just sends a strange message to the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdude View Post
    Appreciate the gesture but a free spring bar removal tool 3 months after the purchase just sends a strange message to the customer.
    I nevet got my free gift on my first Jura purchase even though I exchanged the watch for a new one and mentioned it (so twice I suppose)

On my second purchase a few months ago the tool was in the package but clearly one end was used/bent and ground down :)

Master
    I think if the OP had genuinely been buying TWO watches, Jura would have had a totally different reaction. As admitted, one watch was always going to be returned and under their terms and conditions that is at the customers expense. To waive that postage cost would effectively be giving an extra £5 discount. It is also right and proper that Jura pay the return for the extra watch.

Yes they are being rather mean, but I can also see their point of view. Might have been nice to split the difference. On the positive side they could also have traced where they sent the wrong watch by looking at shipping weights and an extra invoice pending return would have been a very unpleasant experience.

Maybe not the best customer service but I couldn't blame them for doing this, I have a feeling that not all of their staff are fully committed to customer focus from what I've read. Fortunately, I am relatively close to many of their shops where the service has always been excellent.

FURTHER UPDATE

As far as I was concerned this matter was closed, and whatever the rights and wrongs, it was resolved and appeared to be nothing more than a communication error. The ordered watch I returned was refunded within 5 days, and the cheque for the full postage amount is in the post.

However, I have just received a phone call from someone at Jura, who was very apologetic about the whole situation and has kindly offered me a voucher for a not-insignificant amount off any future purchase at Jura. The cynics among us might regard this as a purely tactical move to save face and restore their good name, which it no doubt is, but on the other hand, I'm viewing it as excellent customer service because in my mind it was all done and dusted anyway.

After some initial failings in the communications department, Jura have gone out of their way to make good, and I'm very happy with the final and unexpected result. Now I have to start thinking about another watch purchase

Master
    Good result and hopefully a sign of things improving! Jura have a good selection and occasionally good offers in the sales.

I don't see this as excellent customer service. They've probably only tried to make amends because they've seen this thread.

I'm sure normal service will resume soon.

Are we being watched ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    They've probably only tried to make amends because they've seen this thread..
    That was my first thought! This thread has been hanging around the first page of WT for two weeks now.

Master
    Very possibly been reading this but the fact they have taken further action to make amends is quite impressive.

A voucher was always the best idea as it keeps you sweets and ensures you come back to buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Very possibly been reading this but the fact they have taken further action to make amends is quite impressive.

A voucher was always the best idea as it keeps you sweets and ensures you come back to buy more.
    If they had done this in the first place I would have been the first to praise them, maybe they havent seen this thread and realised the OP did the right thing (but I doubt it)

You have to give them credit for the effort this late in the day when the matter was already done and dusted but it was your thread here and the replies which got you the voucher, not their goodwill. The voucher, significant as it may be, is off a future purchase, so ties you in. A better gesture would have been the amount of the voucher they gave you as a refund on the original transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post

You're easily impressed!

You're easily impressed!
    I'm not easily impressed either, but they have more than made up for a petty quibble over £5 with the amount they have offered me via the voucher. At least they value their reputation, no matter how insignificant the damage might have been from this thread. I can't imagine many other dealers doing the same.

Master
    You're easily impressed!
    Because I find something quite impressive?

In my opinion Jura have gone beyond what they had to do here, maybe it's to win a few hearts after finding this thread about themselves, who knows. But I'm sure a lot of companies would've shrugged it off with a "they'll be back" arrogance.

At the end of the day, OP is happy and he was the original customer. As long as the customer is kept happy it's a great result.

Master
    Has anybody ever actually received a cheque from Jura for return postage? I returned a watch well over a month ago after an error on their part and was promised a cheque for the return postage but no sign of it. I emailed them last week and they replied saying they would chase it up with their accounts dept but still nothing.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    It's a laudable approach to consult the missus and I agree with all your reasons on doing that; my other half doesn't let my hear the end of it if I wear a watch she doesn't like.
    I don´t consult about the watch I wear with the resident female.
    Nor for a car I want to drive, the rubber hoops under it, the color, the fun stickers.
    Man, I would not have a single knife or gun if that were a criterium. Never mind my life style.
    Beejeezes, never letting me hear the end of it if she is disheveled about it?
    [img]´Dear girl; you get what you reward. Why would I want to go out with a nag?´[/img]
    Ah, you say but what if she refuses to go out with you wearing THAT watch? Well, she is free to go out with one with a watch she likes, just I as will go out with fine, charming company.

Yesterday I went out wearing a 37 or so mm. 18K GS. My company thought it almost looked a girls watch on my wrist and preferred the 45 mm. Astron she saw me try on the other day. Well, I like my GS and she can buy me the Astron if she likes it that much. I will happy to wear it if that puts her in a good mood: She will get what she rewards, NOT the other way around, no Sir!

Master

Two purchases

I can only talk from my experience but I have bought a Sinn 103st and a Seiko Samurai Blue Lagoon so far in the past few months from Jura and it's been an easy transaction each time with good comms however I must admit that each time I've selected my free gift it has never arrived, they then give an excuse that they had ran out of said free gift and would get one out to me when they get more in?!?? Needless to say it never happened but that won't stop me going back to them as it was a "free" gift and the rest of the transaction was smooth!!

Chris