closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jura customer service - right or wrong?

Jura customer service - right or wrong?

I think this is funny, in a Really? kind of way…

I bought two Certina watches in the recent Jura sale with the intention of returning one and keeping one - I just wanted to try both first.

The first watch arrived on the Monday last week and the second watch on the Tuesday. However, in the big Jura box with the second watch was an additional Certina watch. It was a model I hadn't ordered so clearly an error by Jura. Being an honest man, I phoned them on Wednesday to explain and the Jura man apologised and said to return it straight away and send a copy of the postage receipt for a refund. I then explained that I'd ordered two watches and would be returning one of them so would it be ok to return them both in the same box after the weekend to save me two trips to the PO? I wanted the weekend to decide which watch I was keeping. He sounded a bit miffed but said it was OK and the postage would be still be refunded.

I dutifully posted both watches in one box this Monday, with a note explaining the situation. When I returned from the PO I emailed a copy of the receipt to customer services, again explaining what had happened. Customer services then emailed me back:

Please accept my apologies that you was (sic) sent the incorrect watch, we thank you kindly for returning this us along with your orher (sic) order.

We cannot refund your postage costs for this as the returns postage fee is covered by the customer.

Ok, but I could have let you arrange your own return for the watch sent to me by mistake. I emailed back to explain why I thought a postage refund was in order, and got this reply:

Thank you for getting back to me. An error was made on behalf of Jura with the additional watch that was sent out to yourself. Due to this, your postage return was doubled so we are willing to refund you for half of your postage costs which is £5.50. We cannot refund you for the whole amount for postage as the other watch that you returned is covered by the customer.

I will arrange for £5.50 to be refunded back to yourself through a cheque with our accounts department.

Now, it's not about the money, and I realise I was returning my watch anyway, but is it me or is that just proper tight? It's £5
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 3rd March 2017 at 19:01.

Craftsman
    It's a shame they didn't show any appreciation for your honesty. Disappointing.

Craftsman
    I know what you mean. but in the end as you said yourself, it's just a fiver.

Have a good week end and pat yourself on the back for being honest (I'd have done the same)

Which Certinas did you look at and which one did you buy?

Lesson learnt, don't look a gift horse in the mouth ........................ **he says slipping into his flame suit :)

I am stunned at that attitude from Jura! Not exactly encouraging you to be honest in the future is it?

Jura's customer services should have been a bit more grateful as you were actually buying a watch too!

Repeat custom and all that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are they sadly overlooking the fact they could have been the cost of a Certina down rather than just a measly bluey.
    How likely are you to recommend them to other folk ? (Not bloody as I see it)
    I had fun and games with them in their post Christmas sale. NEVER AGAIN. EVER.

Grand Master
    Have you tried phoning them and asking for an explanation? I`ve found them OK to deal with when ordering parts but I`ve had to chase them up. Relying on e-mail was no good, talking to them did the trick.

Paul

Thanks for this, that's my Seiko GS purchase going elsewhere

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    It's not the money, it's the principle. Unbelievable attitude given that you did the right thing by highlighting their error. Enough to stop me buying from them anyway.

A similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago, albeit via eBay. I bought a junker Seiko 5 project watch to play around with and a new fashion brand watch, (can't recall exactly what it was, Aramani/Guess or something like that), turned up in the box with it. The seller was that pleased I sent it back to him he refunded my postage and the selling price of the Seiko. I think you were very poorly treated and to get an appropriate response it would probably need escalating to a Manager with a more holistic view of the turn of events and your decency.

Master
    That's really poor customer service, simple as that.

Interesting approach to honesty from a customer, sort of makes you feel that if it ever happens again take a different course of action and keep the extra.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Have you tried phoning them and asking for an explanation? I`ve found them OK to deal with when ordering parts but I`ve had to chase them up. Relying on e-mail was no good, talking to them did the trick.

Paul
    Good call there Paul.

Talk to someone higher up in the organisation and ask them what they think about the way you've been treated and what price honesty......you might get a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Now, it's not about the money, and I realise I was returning my watch anyway, but is it me or is that just proper tight?
    Given your actions, that's very poor form on their part. It's sad that anyone in business would act in such a way.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    That's terrible.

scooter

Journeyman
    Well done to OP for his honesty.

Laughable the way their response with the half refund. Such a shame with such an idiotic service. The more I hear about them being poor in this respect has put me off even inquiring about their GS watches.

Really stupid and worse lacking in appreciation
    They should not only cover the postage but make a gesture of appreciation by sending you a courtesy strap or similar.

Another one of those examples where being open and honest bites you on the bum.

Only ever seem to hear bad things about Jura customer service.

The real sucker punch was them not including my free gift of a springbar tool with the watch I kept

But the other watch I ordered and returned did come with the free link-removing tool, so I kept it

I'm glad it's not just me who thought it was shabby service. Anyway, I'll post this on the other watch forums I frequent and let the watch-buying public decide if they want to deal with Jura again

Master
    The ops initial act of bad faith goes completely unremarked. Ordering goods you have no intention of keeping is poor behaviour.

- - - Updated - - -

The ops initial act of bad faith goes completely unremarked. Ordering goods you have no intention of keeping is poor behaviour.

Master
    The OPs initial act of bad faith goes completely unremarked. Ordering goods you have no intention of keeping is poor behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Give over and do one, blurt!

Online selling allows and expects exactly this kind of behaviour. How can you know what suits and what doesn't until you've seen it and tried it on?

And don't whine on about the amazing relationship you have with your local AD. Jura's business model is probably 80% online and I don't live near Derby or Leeds.

You really are a sad sack of a troll.

Master
    That is proper tight and just embarrassing on jura's part, I actually cringed a bit when I read it.

I have just emailed them a receipt for return postage too after a failing on their part. They basically forgot to tell one of their branches to dispatch a sale watch which I'd ordered as a gift for someone. When it hadn't arrived in time for the birthday I phoned to cancel the order and also confirmed this by email. They dispatched it the next day! They then advised me to return it at my expense then email the receipt and it would be looked into. We'll see what happens next.

Jura customer service - right or wrong?

This story demonstrates how easy it is to get customer service wrong. The financial saving for Jura is minuscule, while the reputational damage is huge. Utter stupidity on their part.

I have my own reasons for being less than thrilled with Jura at the moment. Around 6 weeks ago I ordered (and paid for in full) a Doxa SUB 1500t Professional, and was given an estimated delivery of 2 weeks. I am still waiting for the watch and they seem to have no idea when they will receive it. The reason is that Doxa can't get movements. Whilst I know this is the case as I've contacted Doxa direct, my issue with Jura is their complete 'radio silence' - they answer around one e-mail in three, and then give me bland, generic and slightly patronising reassurances that are clearly meaningless. They have almost 2 grand of my money, for goodness sake!

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The OPs initial act of bad faith goes completely unremarked. Ordering goods you have no intention of keeping is poor behaviour.
    Thank goodness we have you to act as our moral compass...

Berk.

Simon

Master
    I was about to attempt to bring some balance to the thread and share my latest experience with Jura Customer Service, (all's good so far, the matter's not concluded so my mind can change).

But to refuse to refund £5, even more so when a much more expensive watch had been returned by the OP when he could have said nothing and kept the 'free' watch is just very poor form.

Master
    Jura have always been spot on for me but I can see both sides here, the difference being Jura don't want this kind of publicity whereas Mr Customer doesn't have to care so much. I had a similar situation with a cycle clothing company (they didn't bill me for the free in error order) but I was returning other items at my cost so only requested they refund half which they did. Half is fair IMO, the OPs honesty is to be respected, well done mate good karma, but not necessarily rewarded financially. I'd still d/w Jura having read this but I'd also d/w the OP too :).

I was under the impression that if you receive 'unsolicited' goods (that you hadn't ordered), you advise the company & they have x number of days to uplift at their expense or the items become your property.
    ______

​Jim.

There's no defending the behaviour of the Jura employee but they are just that- an employee. Unfortunately in some service and retail businesses there are a few individuals motivated by misanthropy or possibly even by the misplaced belief that by "saving" every penny of their employer's money even if in doing so they are being antagonistic or unreasonable towards a customer they are acting in the best interests of their employer's business.

As a business owner myself, if one of my employees was such a poor ambassador for my business I'd want to know about it so I could do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I was under the impression that if you receive 'unsolicited' goods (that you hadn't ordered), you advise the company & they have x number of days to uplift at their expense or the items become your property.
    There is a legal difference between 'unsolicited goods' and human error. This is definitely the latter.

I know this is slightly different, but compare Jura with my recent experience of Sinn.
    I was about to send my 657 back for what I was sure was a warranty repair, and also my EZM1 for a service.
    Sinn themselves suggested I put them in a box together, and they sent me a courier label for a free pick-up and delivery to them.
    They confirmed that the insurance was more than adequate to cover both watches.
    What is more, after confirming that the 657 was indeed a warranty issue (and not a fault caused from dropping for instance), they are doing the same to return the two, so I have not paid a cent for delivery to/from Germany for both watches.

Minimal (if any) extra expense for Sinn, but warm glow for the customer.
    D

I've been looking at Grand Seiko's recently on Jura's site but this story makes me doubt the level of service I would receive so when the time comes I'll also make enquiries at another AD by phone prior to purchasing.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I have my own reasons for being less than thrilled with Jura at the moment. Around 6 weeks ago I ordered (and paid for in full) a Doxa SUB 1500t Professional, and was given an estimated delivery of 2 weeks. I am still waiting for the watch and they seem to have no idea when they will receive it. The reason is that Doxa can't get movements. Whilst I know this is the case as I've contacted Doxa direct, my issue with Jura is their complete 'radio silence' - they answer around one e-mail in three, and then give me bland, generic and slightly patronising reassurances that are clearly meaningless. They have almost 2 grand of my money, for goodness sake!

Simon
    Ditto; that was exactly my experience of them when ordering my Sinn. I could easily have coped with the longer lead time but the constant BS about it being in next week's shipment were incredibly annoying. 2-3 weeks became 7 maybe 8 in the end, not sure. Frustrating is a nice way of putting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroblack350 View Post
    Ditto; that was exactly my experience of them when ordering my Sinn. I could easily have coped with the longer lead time but the constant BS about it being in next week's shipment were incredibly annoying. 2-3 weeks became 7 maybe 8 in the end, not sure. Frustrating is a nice way of putting it!
    I hope you knobbed them off and went elsewhere 'cos if not, they're never going to learn that it's not the norm to carry out BS like that is it ?

Master
    It certainly was poor service but looking at it the other way round, the company may be sick and tired of people buying stuff with the intention of returning it. Tyre kicking like that makes new stock second hand so this may have had some bearing on their attitude.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    That's really poor customer service, simple as that.
    That's putting it kindly!

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Really stupid and worse lacking in appreciation
    They should not only cover the postage but make a gesture of appreciation by sending you a courtesy strap or similar.
    Absolutely! You could have just been dishonest and pleaded ignorance for the unexpected watch. Not that that would have been a good idea but rather than being snotty, they should have appreciated your honesty and rewarded it to cement you as a repeat customer. It's put me right off Jura reading this.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

A nice gesture would have been full repayment of postage costs, and give you a voucher towards a future purchase - that way some good will may have been preserved.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I'm a bit apprehensive to order from Jura again after they lost a watch I returned to them in their last sale and refused to issue a refund until they found it.

I had returned it recorded delivery so had the name and signature of the person who received the watch at their end. It seemed to make little difference. Thankfully they found it eventually but the way they dealt with the whole thing put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    It certainly was poor service but looking at it the other way round, the company may be sick and tired of people buying stuff with the intention of returning it. Tyre kicking like that makes new stock second hand so this may have had some bearing on their attitude.
    Isn't that a by product of internet sales surely ?
    I ain't no internet retailer but I would expect there to be quite an element of that if I were.

Master
    I think a generous voucher would've done the trick here. It covers the goodwill side and also ensures a repeat customer as you'd need to add to the voucher anyway.

Very poor. My phone is slow so scrolling is annoying - have the actual watches been linked yet? How much was the watch they would've lost worth?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    I'm a bit apprehensive to order from Jura again after they lost a watch I returned to them in their last sale and refused to issue a refund until they found it.

I had returned it recorded delivery so had the name and signature of the person who received the watch at their end. It seemed to make little difference. Thankfully they found it eventually but the way they dealt with the whole thing put me off.
    That's rather scary. Imagine returning a £5k watch to them and running into difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    It's no different to trying it on in a shop, except for the delivery, and I'm fairly certain they wouldn't then list a returned item as used stock. I'd bet the house it goes straight back out to the next customer for the same price.

Maybe they should charge people £5 every time they try on a couple of watches in-store and don't buy?

I have no problem paying for return postage if those are the terms of the sale. In this case, Jura dropped a big one. I'm not even sure they would have had any idea where their £500 Certina had gone because there was no order note with that watch. It was on its own with no Jura paperwork. I saved them arranging for a courier to pick it up, and saved them the £500 loss. But they saw fit to penny-pinch as a thank you. If that's the way they want to operate, that's fine, but I won't be buying from them again.

I ordered a strap for an Oris, two weeks turned into four. I then received the wrong Oris strap. Three-four weeks later, i receive a strap for a Graham watch. I then asked for my money back, they said no, the correct strap is on the way, two weeks later i got the correct strap and was told to send the return receipts for a refund. No refund.

Now i normally would not bother them again but there is always a voucher or code kicking around and i have since ordered two watches from them and had no problems (no explanation for the missing watch winder gift until i asked). One watch was a pre-order of stock they were going to get and the other one was already in stock.

I'll try to only order items that are in stock in the future!

Master
    I've ordered twice and never received the free gift

A good example of bad customer service. I don't blame you for not shopping there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    I've ordered twice and never received the free gift

I was promised a watch winder. It never happened.

If they say something will be x weeks, it's x months.

We could be terribly British about this, polite and patient, not tell anybody, give them benefit of the doubt time and again, but it doesn't change the fact that their customer service is hit and miss.

Edit: phoning them makes no difference!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I've been looking at Grand Seiko's recently on Jura's site but this story makes me doubt the level of service I would receive so when the time comes I'll also make enquiries at another AD by phone prior to purchasing.
    Get yourself to Paris, go see Frederick in the Seiko Boutique. Good selection of pristine GS stock and very knowledgeable.