closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Opinion time - bell & ross

Craftsman

Question Opinion time - bell & ross

Hi guys,

I stopped off in a shop the other day and was offered (imo) a very good discount on a Bell & Ross BR126 Sport Heritage on bracelet + rubber strap.

The shop offered me 25% off without pushing it - this is the watch in question (RRP €3800) offered to me at €2800:

http://www.chrono24.fr/bellross/vint...-id3330083.htm

I was planning to hold out for my first Panerai later this year but am now seriously wondering about going for this as a cheaper option.

Penny for your thoughts?

Master
    At 25% off I'd probably have it until I'd saved the difference for the Panerai. You'll not lose too much in the short term with a discount like that. Surely?

As a B&R fan I looked at this as I like the dual register layout, and it may be easier to wear than the square ones. I thought the 126 heritage (PVD, tan strap) felt cheap, in a way that many alternatives, including B&R's own 03-92 didn't. It is also fairly long lug to lug. If you flip it, expect to lose 50% of the rrp

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Hold out for the Panerai.

Master
    I've owned 3 Bell & Ross including a similar one to what you're thinking of buying a 120 Chrono which I paid £770 mint. I also own a Panerai. Wait for the Panerai would be my advise. Both brands are excellent but the price you're thinking of paying I'd wait.

Craftsman
    I very much doubt you would be offered any discount on the Panerai let alone 25%... I would wait and save up for the pam, as I think this is the better watch.

I like the 126 in general, but the PAM is what you really crave so better off saving

Journeyman
    I'd say wait for the panerai..

Craftsman
    Wait for the Pam. Going for a cheaper option to fill the gap seldom satisfies

2800 further away from what you really want.....

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

If you are on your way to a Pam, save for that.
    If you want a B&R, buy one lightly used, they are much better value.
    This one (with a bezel that actually turns) was just over 1/3 of the offer price for yours.......

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    If you are on your way to a Pam, save for that.
    If you want a B&R, buy one lightly used, they are much better value.
    This one (with a bezel that actually turns) was just over 1/3 of the offer price for yours.......

Dave
    And it is a beauty indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nasar.39 View Post
    Wait for the Pam. Going for a cheaper option to fill the gap seldom satisfies
    This. You're actually going to take longer to get the the PAM as you'll lose money on resale value of the B&R

If this is the one you are considering, I think it is a beautiful watch.
    May not scratch the Panerai itch and you will stand to lose some money ( how much depending on whether bought old or new) but a nice watch on its own.

free picture hosting

I've always preferred Sinn to B&R and they made many of the earliest models for Bell and Ross.

Im not much of a B&R fan so I would save up more for the Panerai

I would only consider the traditional square instrument B&R, but it would have to be a very keen price an 25% off just wouldn't do it.
    It's just a matter of time...

Opinion time - bell & ross

As above, the square have a bit of originality in them but the price needs to be seriously revised. They are to me the Continental Bremont, inventing a history they don't have, although their first series made by Sinn were better... but I would definitely hold for the one you really want. Even more so if you consider the B&R depreciation should you decide otherwise, which once added to Panerai's next price increase will mean you'll have wasted a significant amount by diverting from your original choice.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Bell&Ross is what got me 'into' watches, I love everything about them but for the outsourced movement, by getting 'into' watches even more I can't buy a B&R anymore, I end up chasing the big guns now such as Rolex, Omega and Panerai etc, just a better allround package IMHO.

As a B&R fan I still say hold out for the PAM, you will be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    As above, the square have a bit of originality in them but the price needs to be seriously revised. They are to me the Continental Bremont, inventing a history they don't have, although their first series made by Sinn were better... but I would definitely hold for the one you really want. Even more so if you consider the B&R depreciation should you decide otherwise, which once added to Panerai's next price increase will mean you'll have wasted a significant amount by diverting from your original choice.
    I'd agree with this.

A good few years ago i got a bell & ross vintage 120 from a cash converts for £350 boxed and pappers hold out for the panieri ☺