closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aero leathers

Master

Aero leathers

I've been looking for a nice pea coat, and my search took me to the Aero leathers website, and the Mariner. So, is this a cool jacket or would it make me look like a an extra in a movie involving the Gestapo?

Then I looked at the flying jackets, and the cafe racer jackets and found myself wanting all of them.

Anyone have any Aero clobber?
    Last edited by berin; 27th February 2017 at 19:38.

Yes, I've had Aero jackets in my wardrobe for about 30 years - still have a horsehide Veste de Rallye which is outstanding. Great jackets, not cheap, but good value. Great folks to deal with also. Would recommend a trip to the factory in Galashiels in the Scottish Borders if you ever get the chance.

I'm in the market for one. You got a link or pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    Yes, I've had Aero jackets in my wardrobe for about 30 years - still have a horsehide Veste de Rallye which is outstanding. Great jackets, not cheap, but good value. Great folks to deal with also. Would recommend a trip to the factory in Galashiels in the Scottish Borders if you ever get the chance.

I liked the Veste de Rallye too. It does seem buying remotely may be fraught, there's lots of choice. Do they carry the whole range at Galashiels?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I'm in the market for one. You got a link or pics?

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/

Here's the website. Very few pics on the normal sources like Pinterest. Too niche, maybe.

Not disputing the quality of Aero, howeve another option is the Schott leather Pea Jacket. I bought one 20 year ago and it still looks good today.

As long as your not wearing Hugo Boss trousers and jack boots, you should escape any references to Heir Flick of ze Gastapo.

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/

Here's the website. Very few pics on the normal sources like Pinterest. Too niche, maybe.
    Very very nice although at half the price of a datejust a little too pricey for me

I liked the Veste de Rallye too. It does seem buying remotely may be fraught, there's lots of choice. Do they carry the whole range at Galashiels?
    They're very good at advising on measurements and sizes, and have a no quibble exchange policy. They have a lot of various styles and sizes at Galashiels which are handy for trying on, plus they can, of course, measure you up at the time. My wife has a custom Buffalo hide Vest de Rallye which she got measured for down there and I can highly recommend doing this if possible. I'm dead easy being a straight stock size with a couple of extra inches length in the back if it's a shorter style like an A2 or Highwayman.

Journeyman
    Nice coat, not a pea coat though, too long. A pea coat hem stops at the upper thigh, see pic below. As stated the USA made Schott 740N is still the best leather pea coat out there, or more correctly pea jacket.

Last edited by kas9t82; 27th February 2017 at 20:33.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have a horsehide aero cafe racer jacket... I bought it on here for around £400 IIRC.

Stunning quality, but I need to wear it more to break it in.
    I suspect it will outlast me easily !

EDIT - here's the SC post http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ero+cafe+racer

New price is £740 !!! http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/p...tail.php?id=62
    Last edited by amnesia; 27th February 2017 at 20:56.

I used to collect Irvins, WW2 to new. But they are massive and take up so much room.
    Only got one left now.

I've 2 Aero leathers a B-6 and a 1950s Bomber (which reminds me - must get that one re-lined).

Fabulous jackets and the horsehide is virtually bomb proof.

Eastman are another option - if you want the replica stuff but Aero have a wider range.

Alexander leathers are supposed to be good but I won't buy one due to their history with Aero (It's all on Fedora Lounge or Vintageleatherjackets if you are interested).

Buy from Aero with confidence.

Cheers,

Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    I've 2 Aero leathers a B-6 and a 1950s Bomber (which reminds me - must get that one re-lined).

Fabulous jackets and the horsehide is virtually bomb proof.

Eastman are another option - if you want the replica stuff but Aero have a wider range.

Alexander leathers are supposed to be good but I won't buy one due to their history with Aero (It's all on Fedora Lounge or Vintageleatherjackets if you are interested).

Buy from Aero with confidence.

Cheers,

Mark C
    Alexander leathers aka Simmons bilt leather jackets are really good. The aero and Alexander leather debacle wouldn't put me off a quality leather jacket at the right price and what do we care about it anyways?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    I have a horsehide aero cafe racer jacket... I bought it on here for around £400 IIRC.

Stunning quality, but I need to wear it more to break it in.
    I suspect it will outlast me easily !

EDIT - here's the SC post http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ero+cafe+racer

New price is £740 !!! http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/p...tail.php?id=62
    how does that wear, size wise. Is it a trim fit?

I have 2 Aero A2s plus an Aero A1, I have also bought an original WW2 M422a from them
    They are fantastic to deal with so deal with confidence. They are my go to dealer for flying jackets (my other collection obsession).
    If after a pea coat I would look at Schott as mentioned above,
    Very good quality and usually a fair bit cheaper. My pea coat is an original Schott and Its a fantastic warm coat with good water resitant qualities, they do come up big though.

Quote Originally Posted by hicksmat View Post
    Alexander leathers aka Simmons bilt leather jackets are really good. The aero and Alexander leather debacle wouldn't put me off a quality leather jacket at the right price and what do we care about it anyways?
    I've an aversion to buying from company's founded by now-jailed criminals who steal IP and property for starters. Having met Ken the founder of Aero several times, he's one of life's good guys and a real enthusiast, so my loyalties and business have been with him and Aero for decades and, should I or my family need another decent jacket, will continue to be so.

I've an aversion to buying from company's founded by now-jailed criminals who steal IP and property for starters. Having met Ken the founder of Aero several times, he's one of life's good guys and a real enthusiast, so my loyalties and business have been with him and Aero for decades and, should I or my family need another decent jacket, will continue to be so.
    Cool story. I can read and have read the fedora lounge thread. I would still buy an Alexander leather/Simmons bilt jacket.

Back on topic, I think the pea coat looks nice
    rather liking the brown suede one with the knitted waistband too.

Master
    Matt, can I ask what you use your Veste de Rallye for? As a general purpose jacket, or in the car? Would you class it as an outdoor coat that you would use in bad weather with a jumper, or typical leather jacket use ,maybe just over a t shirt?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Blog Entries
    how does that wear, size wise. Is it a trim fit?
    It's a perfect fit now that I've lost a bit of weight and I'm not a 40" chest again.
    Because it's a biker jacket there is quite a bit of 'space' behind the shoulders (see the picture of the back of the jacket on the Aero website) so that you have room to reach forwards to handlebars. Once it's worn in it will look less pronounced, I suspect.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Back on topic, I think the pea coat looks nice
    rather liking the brown suede one with the knitted waistband too.
    On the Aero site?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the Aero site?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yes-this one

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/p...il.php?id=2593

Master

I've got a horse hide jacket that they made for me back in the day when they were based in Moffat.

Matt, can I ask what you use your Veste de Rallye for? As a general purpose jacket, or in the car? Would you class it as an outdoor coat that you would use in bad weather with a jumper, or typical leather jacket use ,maybe just over a t shirt?

Thanks,
    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    It would work as both - it's about upper/mid-thigh length on me so a nice compromise between a waist length jacket like an A2 or Highwayman and a longer length greatcoat. I have wool tartan lining in it, so its on heavy and warm side, ideal for anything but summer wear in Scotland really. You can spec your own lining so could go for something lighter. The horsehide hangs and drapes really well when broken in. It's pretty roomy fitting so you can drive in it easily. Bear in mind it's sized to go over a jumper and leave plenty of movement room in arms and shoulders, so if you're normally a 48" in a Highwayman or A2, go for a 46" VdR.
    Last edited by MattMM; 28th February 2017 at 21:54.