closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Perfect Watch"

Blog Entries

"Perfect Watch"

I know there is no such beast. However, having tried a very large selection of watches sub £6k this one just makes me smile and is easily my favourite. What's your "perfect watch"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    This:

Master
    If many of us genuinely had a perfect watch, this forum wouldn't exist!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I've a few watches I really like but can honestly say I don't think I've found one I think is "perfect" yet.

For example my BLNR is by far my favourite, but sometimes I find it a bit bulky and a bit bling. Then I revert to my SD and find the position of the clasp on my wrist isn't perfect.

Blog Entries
    My PO is one of seven but it is my favourite. Perfect to me but does not stop me wanting others !

Apprentice
    It varies, but I'm pretty happy with my two main watches, there's space for something else soon. Probably a panerai marina 😉

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Been wearing my 15200 pretty much non stop since I got it a month or so back. Its just the perfect size, slips under the radar and has had excellent timekeeping despite its age.

I think it's this:

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a great feeling to have found that perfect watch.
    Sometimes that feeling is fleeting,sometimes it lasts longer
    Am glad for you and that PO is a great watch.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Raj. My PO is a keeper but does not diminish my lust for other watches

My perfect watch is very very modest - got it for virtually nothing on eBay, a beaten up manual. I could point to the boxes of mine it ticks (datefree, 37mm, acrylic, sunburst blah blah blah) but the important thing is that in both looks and feel it seems perfectly natural to me, exactly my idea what a watch should look and feel like. The great readability helps too I suppose. If I was obliged to sell up my collection, I could leave myself with this near-worthless watch and still be very happy.

My platinum dial Yacht-Master is my perfect watch. It's my fourth and the watch I'll always have.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I think it's this:

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seconded
    I would say 'mine says hi' but that drives me nuts.
    I am crazy about mine though.
    Last edited by rgwarden; 25th February 2017 at 22:50. Reason: Addition

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that a 36mm explorer is possibly the perfect one for me. Or maybe the 39mm.

Apprentice
    Nice PO and a great choice!

I agree it is not easy to choose one 'perfect' watch. For me if I had to pick one it would be the Exp 2. It is a great all rounder with the gmt function, plus a holes case making it easy to change straps. However I prefer the white dial version:

The Railmaster is mighty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    This:

Agreed, but more versatile on the bracelet

Last edited by andy tims; 26th February 2017 at 06:48.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

No such Animal and you mentioned that Mike. For me this.Always had a lot of love for the PO

And the AT and Sub date

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    I know there is no such beast. However, having tried a very large selection of watches sub £6k this one just makes me smile and is easily my favourite. What's your "perfect watch"
    For me both the Speedmaster Pro and 14060 are the perfect watch, I've been close to getting a Planet Ocean 2500 on a few occasions as I put that in the same category, but I've two close friends and a brother-in-law that all have them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopsontoast View Post
    Been wearing my 15200 pretty much non stop since I got it a month or so back. Its just the perfect size, slips under the radar and has had excellent timekeeping despite its age.

Had one exactly like it! Lovely watch.

Master
    The 2016 explorer, but with a scratch proof (but still polished metal) bezel, maybe 2mm shorter lug to lug.

I hope I never find it

It would spoil all the fun

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I hope I never find it

It would spoil all the fun
    Nail and head Ian

"Perfect Watch"

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post

Ahh.. but wouldn't the 2500 PO LM be a little more perfect? :-)

Must say I really like the 42mm 2500 PO, all the more recent versions are just too top heavy.

My 'perfect' watch is the 42mm Exp II with the black dial. Can't believe how many Exp IIs feature on this thread as I always think of it as the least popular SS sports Rolex (part of the reason I like it so much). The SBGA029 GS Diver is a pretty close second but the EXP is just that bit more comfortable and easy to wear with anything so if I had to have just one watch it would be that one.

Here's mine

Last edited by catflap; 26th February 2017 at 01:05.

Master
    Blog Entries

What a stunning looking watch.

Master

Cool

My Sea-Dweller all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakir Khaja View Post
    My Sea-Dweller all day long.

Lovely watch and fair play to you but I think that the OP is looking for pictures. Lets have them then . I love the Sea-Dweller

Master
    White gold and no water resistance to speak of but as I work in an office thats never flooded neither of thise factors are a major concern. This is as close to perfection I've had in my collection

Master
    This one became my perfect watch...

...after a change of date wheel:

Obviously 'perfect' will mean different things to different people depending on lifestyle. For me it means comfortable, extremely legible, excellent timekeeping and not having to worry too much about where and when I wear it. I have a few that tick those boxes however this one just feels right and has great memories associated with it as well. I rarely travel without it.

Journeyman
    It has to be my Citizen Chronomaster CTQ57-0952. Perfect size at 37mm, very thin, coated titanium for comfortability and lightness while maintaining durability, immaculate finishing on par with higher Swiss brands... And on top of that, it has a perpetual calendar HAQ movement that is the most accurate one in the world. Can't really imagine a more perfect all-around watch to be honest :) Oh, and it's got bonkers lume, too!

Craftsman
    16600 definitely my favorite watch, sold one then bought an other and hopefully will never sell this one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Obviously 'perfect' will mean different things to different people depending on lifestyle. For me it means comfortable, extremely legible, excellent timekeeping and not having to worry too much about where and when I wear it. I have a few that tick those boxes however this one just feels right and has great memories associated with it as well. I rarely travel without it.

Just acquired one and I know it's going to be an absolute favourite. For all the reasons you state.

Craftsman
    For me it is the BLNR . . with suit, jeans or shorts it never feels out of place. I often think of selling it as it is a lot of money to have in a watch (for me) but that doesn't detract from the fact it is awesome!!

Master
    Sub-£5k I'd go for the Tudor Black Bay. Over £5k I'd go for the ceramic Sub ND - although weirdly I don't own one.

Some great watches 👍

Mine has to be my Aerospace, light strong, some useful functions, dresses up or down. It's my perfect watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Olic View Post
    Some great watches 👍

Mine has to be my Aerospace, light strong, some useful functions, dresses up or down. It's my perfect watch.

Nice picture. Not a fan of Breitling in general but your pic gives a better look at the finish and texturing than most.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

That's a great watch\strap combo. Every version of these watches is bang on, it's as if they broke the mould with this range. Taking of the range, there is just about something for everyone from smaller sizes to quartz, autos, steel to Titanium.

Ti version below.....

Master
    My ideal watch, a wearable vintage 1680 sub, must be knocking on 2 years of more or less daily wear. Seems to be at home in all situations.

Last edited by Bluetinfloor; 26th February 2017 at 10:58. Reason: Typo

Journeyman
    It's one you will wear every day to anything and like to look at.

I hadn't really thought such a thing existed, but it turns out I might actually own one...

According to at least one opinion, in any case...

http://gearpatrol.com/2015/07/21/vac...ay-watch-need/
    Last edited by hhhh; 26th February 2017 at 12:29.

Beautiful watch! Similarly, my (current) perfect one is a DateJust.

It seems to fit into any situation. However, I've never owned a sports watch. I see that most of this thread has chosen sports models as their perfect go-to. I've been looking at 16610s and 16600s a lot lately, so perhaps "perfect" will evolve soon!

My perfect watch would have to be worn everywhere with no fear of damage so has to be extremely robust and not expensive, it should be very comfortable and not too large/obtrusive and versatile on a number of bracelets/straps (I like to tinker)

It should be very accurate and I dont really want to be worrying about setting the time everytime I want to wear it, I also would rather not worry about organising/paying for the next service, all above all else it should make me smile when I check the time.

The closest I have found to the above is this

Is it perfect? far from it, would I swap it for 99% of the watches on this thread? of course

I am pretty poor compared to everybody on TZ (but still enjoy the forum/hobby) so I know most perfect watches would be too precious for me to enjoy/wear/maintain which means it would be a shame for me to own them (as much as I want to)

The perfect watch is a very personal thing

Agreed. This is the one I always reach for and if I had to have only one this would be it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    I hadn't really thought such a thing existed, but it turns out I might actually own it...

According to at least one opinion, in any case...

http://gearpatrol.com/2015/07/21/vac...ay-watch-need/
    That is lovely ! A want a VC for my 50th. 4 plus years to sort it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    The Railmaster is mighty close.

Lovely. If you ever want to trade for a blue AT 8500 please let me know

Master
    For me it has to be this.

I have not even come close to buying another expensive watch since i bought this three years ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    Ahh.. but wouldn't the 2500 PO LM be a little more perfect? :-)

Must say I really like the 42mm 2500 PO, all the more recent versions are just too top heavy.

My 'perfect' watch is the 42mm Exp II with the black dial. Can't believe how many Exp IIs feature on this thread as I always think of it as the least popular SS sports Rolex (part of the reason I like it so much). The SBGA029 GS Diver is a pretty close second but the EXP is just that bit more comfortable and easy to wear with anything so if I had to have just one watch it would be that one.

Here's mine
    I had the chance to purchase a 2500 LM when they were first launched. It was too glossy for me as I actually prefer matt dials.

Of the Rolex watches I have owned the Black Exp II was my clear favourite. It would have been a keeper if it was slightly smaller. I tried on the previous version before trading it and could not believe the difference in the quality of the bracelet.

Blog Entries
    This week , this one .
    Next week it will no doubt be something else.

All things considered (and it’s quite a list) I'm happy to settle for those from which I continue to get some sense of quiet contentment.
    The pursuit of perfection is more trouble than it's worth.
    I'm out of here.
    Last edited by forpetesake; 27th February 2017 at 01:31.