closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thanks, TZers...enabling bunch of...

Thanks, TZers...enabling bunch of...

I apologise for starting another thread. My intention is not to gloat or show off (!), more to thank several forum members specifically and the forum at large for enabling…genuine help, advice and some funny comments that show this forum to be what it is. That is, a place where people do weigh in with sound thinking and freely offered experiences of their own and where countless threads are offered up in which members show a side of humanity that is rapidly disappearing; free, straightforward advice with a wry sense of humour. I am grateful and I thank you.

Haywood Milton, what a classy act. If I'm up your way, I'll buy you a coffee and shake you warmly by your hand. Kesh and Fords both weighed in with very helpful tips and Spuds, typical Irons fan…sound as a pound me old mucker. Johnson’s Of Nuneaton was the supplying AD and I doubt you could find better service. Robert, the proprietor, Derek and Mark, you can deal easily with them all and be assured of their professionalism. One of those Rolex Rooms too, how nice.

Now, some mild gloating…lol. Not really, just a few pictures I took in the back garden yesterday in reasonable light once the winds from Middle Earth had subsided. I am appalling at photography and I used the impressive but limited Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 ‘phone camera.

Journeyman
    Congratulations! It's so nice to see a fellow watch enthusiast obtain something really special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Congratulations. Very nice indeed and good to see it's getting "marked up" through proper use already. You must feel very lucky to be wearing something as lovely as that, it must weigh a fair old bit I would imagine?
    Do you feel very conscious when wearing it outside?

Craftsman
    Bling......bling!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Congratulations. Very nice indeed and good to see it's getting "marked up" through proper use already. You must feel very lucky to be wearing something as lovely as that, it must weigh a fair old bit I would imagine?
    Do you feel very conscious when wearing it outside?
    Weighs a bloody ton. I was used to a TT, which is heavy enough, this thing is a brick. But I like the weight...love it, in fact. Conscious when out? A little, in truth.

Master
    That is a watch worthy of a little gloating! Congratulations and enjoy! Great to see someone buying what they love.

I see what you mean about the "impressive but limited Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 ‘phone camera". It has bestowed upon your lovely watch a goldish hue.
    Still, it does make one think how nice that model would look with a gold case.
    Congrats on a beauty, and how refreshing to read some unbridled enthusiasm.
    Last edited by unclealec; 25th February 2017 at 11:47.

Master
    Thanks for reply, you wouldn't want to be buying too many spare links for that beauty. I don't think a gold watch would ever suit me, but you wear that very well!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks lovely. Congratulations!

Very nice, congratulations on a stunning watch, I own a TT Rolex GMT but if the right deal comes up for a solid Gold Sub I would be very tempted.....

Had to laugh at your picture with it resting on your 'Gold' season ticket though, come on Chelsea! :)

A thing of beauty. ......the season ticket obviously.

The watch is alright as well I suppose ;-)

WOW !! Blingtastic !! Looks like the bezel alignment is slightly out of wack tho......

Master

Cool

Gorgeous...........congrats!!!

Master
    Conspicuous yet classy. You must walk a bit taller with that on.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Not a subtle piece but no denying it's eye catching! Shame about the season ticket...............;)

Not many people could carry that off but it looks like you can, you even have the matching kagool

I read your post about it and I hope you enjoy every minute of wear - great choice!

Look's stunning, I don't think anybody can pull of gold divers like Rolex (just my opinion of course).

Craftsman
    Wow, that is a thing of beauty. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Congratulations and fair play if you can carry that off.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    I see what you mean about the i-Phone. It has bestowed upon your lovely watch a goldish hue.
    Still, it does make one think how nice that model would look with a gold case.
    Congrats on a beauty, and how refreshing to read some unbridled enthusiasm.
    Eh?

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Eh?

Simon

Apologies. My original post now edited.

Master
    Bit blingy for my taste but this is undoubtedly a fabulous watch which I am sure that you will enjoy enormously. Congrats on the purchase.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

Good to see proper enthusiasm followed by sound research have achieved your goal and landed a beautiful watch. Congratulations.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Congratulations a great watch indeed. My father has one and it looks even greater in the flesh :-)

Master
    Rare piece whose weight will be a pleasant reminder of your investment! You bought well, enjoy it. Glad if I was some some small help along the way.

Short sleeves from now on.

H

That is a truly stunning piece - congratulations!

Craftsman
    Got to be honest, that's not my kind of thing. But it's really good to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience, and of course I hope you continue to enjoy wearing it in good health.

Craftsman
    Congratulations on the acquisition. Stunning watch - a real attention grabber! True to the Man City blue as well

Lovely!
    Enjoy.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finners View Post
    Got to be honest, that's not my kind of thing. But it's really good to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience, and of course I hope you continue to enjoy wearing it in good health.
    +1.....not a watch for me, but it's good to see someone get what they really like. Clearly a very positive experience that's been helped by some of the forum good-guys.

Enjoy

Paul

Master
    Lovely, now all you need is a YAS M3 to really show it off.

Master
    Looks fabulous on you, glad our pics helped to push you over the edge... even if you are a Citeh fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Lovely, now all you need is a YAS M3 to really show it off.
    If only...erm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Looks fabulous on you, glad our pics helped to push you over the edge... even if you are a Citeh fan.
    Haha.

Craftsman
    From a fellow Blue, congrats on a stunning watch. If it looks that good in photos it would probably hurt my eyes in the flesh. Like that Kun volley t'other night. CTID.

Quote Originally Posted by rgwarden View Post
    From a fellow Blue, congrats on a stunning watch. If it looks that good in photos it would probably hurt my eyes in the flesh. Like that Kun volley t'other night. CTID.
    Agueroooooo...

Great watch love the colour you are so lucky to be able to have one. Please don't wear it at the Etihad 😳

Master
    Blog Entries
    Would love to see that up close. Pictures must not do that one bit of justice. Is this a watch you would wear all the time or just special occasions?

Don't think I could wear it much around where I live unless I drilled a whole through the clasp and put a combination padlock on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Great watch love the colour you are so lucky to be able to have one. Please don't wear it at the Etihad 😳
    Lol. I dunno, I've always worn my watches at matches without any bother.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Would love to see that up close. Pictures must not do that one bit of justice. Is this a watch you would wear all the time or just special occasions?

Don't think I could wear it much around where I live unless I drilled a whole through the clasp and put a combination padlock on.
    It'll get worn most days. I have a Batman or Hulk to use too, depending on which one the wife is wearing. I've never really thought about security when out and about. Maybe I should.

Oh @@@@@@@!!!!!

Michael mate I am so sorry I've only just seen this thread!!!

You're an absolute STAR mate and I am genuinely chuffed to bits for you, I'm literally grinning my tits off as I type this, I sincerely hope you're as happy with the watch as you were when pursuing it, I really really do!!

I've been thinking/aiming for white gold for my 50th but your 'proper gold' Sub's got me drooling and I even 'opened the door' with Haywood regarding his....
    Right up until my wife told me I'm "just too white" to wear a yellow gold watch (and that's genuinely not a racist comment, I too agree that some metals generally look better on different skin tones) but having said all that, if you can wear one at The Etihad I reckon I'll get away with one at The Olympic!!!

Congratulations again Michael mate, you're an absloute sodding Legend!!!

Master
    Congratulations!! What a thing of beauty. You really are not helping with me trying to resist the TT...Your watch of 7 years I believe. The blue subs really are mesmerising. Well done!!