closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to source Russians?

Where to source Russians?

Do you recommend any sellers of Russian watches? Where have you bought your Russians?

I want to buy a couple more Russian chronographs. I have not bought a Russian watch over the past few years, and am rather unaware of current reputations.

Poljot24.de is not an option. I am hearing and experiencing too many red flags in the course of my current research.

What other sellers do you know and recommend?

Journeyman
    I've seen a few Vostoks on good ol' fleabay

I've bought a couple of watches from Julian on Poljot24.de without a problem. Hell, the last time I bought from him he sent me the watch before I'd even paid him. And you get free chocolate biscuits! Sources for Russian 3133 chronographs are now pretty scarce but you could also try http://www.maier-uhren.de/

For Vostoks, Meranom all the way.
    Last edited by Lampoc; 23rd February 2017 at 23:09.

My Vostok came from eBay, from a seller called specialwatchservice.

Excellent price, fast shipping, no import tax, and everything complete. Would use them again.

Dave

I've only ever had excellent service from Julien at Poljot24. And Meranom.

eBay seller Zenitar is a good guy too. Large selection and seems to have some items that are scarce elsewhere. Fast shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Draygo View Post
    eBay seller Zenitar is a good guy too. Large selection and seems to have some items that are scarce elsewhere. Fast shipping.
    I've had good experiences with Zenitar too.

The Trump White House.

Ive experienced good service from Meranom and Zenitar

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    The Trump White House.
    Those Russians!

likewise no problems here with Meranoms service.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    The Trump White House.
    This made me laugh. I appreciate that.

Perhaps I should call the White House switchboard operator and ask for Moscow's in-house commerce representative.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    I've bought a couple of watches from Julian on Poljot24.de without a problem. Hell, the last time I bought from him he sent me the watch before I'd even paid him. And you get free chocolate biscuits! Sources for Russian 3133 chronographs are now pretty scarce but you could also try http://www.maier-uhren.de/

For Vostoks, Meranom all the way.
    I also had great luck buying from Poljot24.de. I often talked them up. But I have not bought from there in a few years, and apparently something has changed. Correspondence goes ignored and a couple guys over at "another big watch site" have recently had unsettling experiences.

Thought it wise to see what other sellers are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by STemplar View Post

Perhaps I should call the White House switchboard operator and ask for Moscow's in-house commerce representative.
    I hope you speak Russian!

Blog Entries

State of things nowadays, probably a very bad idea, if you are a regular aircraft passenger that is!

I also had great luck buying from Poljot24.de. I often talked them up. But I have not bought from there in a few years, and apparently something has changed. Correspondence goes ignored and a couple guys over at "another big watch site" have recently had unsettling experiences.

Thought it wise to see what other sellers are out there.
    The last one I bought from Julian was around 6 months ago if that helps. Although I've found he's not the quickest at replying to emails, he also frequents a few of the Russian watch groups on Facebook and he's a lot quicker answering on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    The last one I bought from Julian was around 6 months ago if that helps. Although I've found he's not the quickest at replying to emails, he also frequents a few of the Russian watch groups on Facebook and he's a lot quicker answering on there.
    The red flags are more than email. I have sent a couple emails and not gotten responses, which frustrates. What alarms is when a guy who had wonderful experiences already buying four watches from Julian, bought his fifth watch three months ago, and was so comfortable with Julian he paid in cash (a significant amount of cash), and then received a watch that literally fell apart. Now, Julian is nowhere to be found, does not answer emails, etc.

I do not understand it all, because I had great experiences from Julian in years past. But I know I will not unnecessarily risk my money and time.

Perhaps the lesson is to never pay cash to anybody; always PayPal and credit card. Or, just look for other sellers.

I've bought from here before without any problems

http://chistopolcity.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The red flags are more than email. I have sent a couple emails and not gotten responses, which frustrates. What alarms is when a guy who had wonderful experiences already buying four watches from Julian, bought his fifth watch three months ago, and was so comfortable with Julian he paid in cash (a significant amount of cash), and then received a watch that literally fell apart. Now, Julian is nowhere to be found, does not answer emails, etc.

I do not understand it all, because I had great experiences from Julian in years past. But I know I will not unnecessarily risk my money and time.

Perhaps the lesson is to never pay cash to anybody; always PayPal and credit card. Or, just look for other sellers.
    You could try Juri Levenberg's eBay shop. He always has a decent selection of 3133s. Just as a matter of interest, which Russian chronographs are you interested in?