closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Everybody hates us this morning

we we're one of the greatest stories ever…. I saw business presentations featuring us, showing how a team coming together could achieve great things against the odds…. I had business colleagues in far flung places of the world who'd heard of my town and I felt proud

We were the miracle club, the overachievers…. The team that lots of neutrals cheered on

Now 'doing a Leicester' will linked to disloyalty and backstabbing

I feel really ashamed and embarrassed

When I ever I hear 'business' being linked to football it makes my skin crawl…. I know what money has done for my club in the past and happily embraced it, but, it all feels a little sour now

Really upset.…
    Top post!

Who do you blame for Ranieri's demise, the players, the fans for expecting too much or the board for not investing more money?

No faux outrage at all. As you said, business decision. Except that whoever purchases a football team doesn't do it to make money. They do it for the image. In this respect CR delivered massively last year and the owners had a formidable opportunity to cash in, in terms of image. As did everyone in Leicester.
    Now it is actually going to be the opposite and I believe, and hope, that this business decision proves as woeful as the betrayal most fans are likely to feel.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    Whilst not ignoring the commercial aspects of the decision, it is absolutely disgraceful that this manager who took a bunch of 'no-hopers' (no disrespect) to the premiership title should not at least be given the following season. It is even more disgraceful that he was given a vote of confidence and support by this weasel board less than a month ago!

At a lower level, this decision will certainly have the Villa manager looking nervously over his shoulder given the recent abysmal results, Bruce is lucky Tony Xia is in charge and not 'Deadly' Doug.
    Last edited by KavKav; 24th February 2017 at 10:28.

Sounds like Mancini has the job. Apparently some of the players met with the chairman after Wednesday nights game, to stick the knifes into to Ranieri's back.
    Football is rotten it has no morals or scruples. I love my club Southend but not as I once did... because of all the lies and deceit.

Everybody hates us this morning
    I don't think that's the general feeling. As a neutral my take on it as that the fans would have stuck with Ranieri even if it was championship football next season. I think the whole town feel like they owe a debt of gratitude. People can make the distinction between the club, its fanbase and the owners. And it really seems to be the owners that are bearing the brunt of bad feeling, not the 'club'.

Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

Life long city fan. Right to go in my book.

The loss to Sevilla felt like a win. Says it all.

My bet as champions this season is shot too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

There's always the possibility that given the gutless attutude of some of the players then Ranieri might have wanted to leave. This shameful episode may have been welcomed by him.
    F.T.F.A.

To paraphrase Enoch Powell: 'All football management careers end in failure'.

Ranieri has been sacked before (about a dozen times, I think). He'll have known that his departure was imminent. He'll be pragmatic about it. It's the very nature of football that the manager takes the blame for his underachieving players, so I doubt that he'll be too concerned about the morality (or otherwise) of his dismissal.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    No faux outrage at all. As you said, business decision. Except that whoever purchases a football team doesn't do it to make money. They do it for the image. In this respect CR delivered massively last year and the owners had a formidable opportunity to cash in, in terms of image. As did everyone in Leicester.
    Now it is actually going to be the opposite and I believe, and hope, that this business decision proves as woeful as the betrayal most fans are likely to feel.
    OK to a point.
    But as a business, you create the image to make money , no?
    There shouldn't be a PL team out there not making money unless they are badly mismanaged on the business side.
    Leicesters financial reward is not winning the PL, it's for remaining in it. The money they will earn in the Champions League will more than cover their abject defence of the title.
    As Ryan alluded to, in business businessmen have very short memories.
    It's just a pity the fans don't .

It doesn't shock me at all.

I was waiting for the axe to fall TBH.

There has never been any more loyalty in football than any other selling business and those that think otherwise are living in fairyland.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

It seems to me that Arsenal has been pretty loyal...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    It seems to me that Arsenal has been pretty loyal...
    All the time Wenger was bringing them Champions league, although never won it.

He helped to pay for their new stadium but there are more calls for his head after this seasons European jaunt and many think he will be gone at the seasons end.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Case in point re loyalty, at my club, West Ham United.

Sam Allardyce got us up out of the Championship but his style of football in the Prem was awful.

Off he goes (to England ) and we get in Slaven an ex WHU player and somebody who has got the team playing attractive football - everybody's happy.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Sam Allardyce got us up out of the Championship but his style of football in the Prem was awful.

Off he goes (to England ) and we get in Slaven an ex WHU player and somebody who has got the team playing attractive football - everybody's happy.
    So do you think the fans, board, shareholders et al would be happy if they played attractive football all the way to the Championship?
    Of course not, ex WHU favourite or not, there'd be calls to sack him, shore up the team and stave off relegation..
    Not a leading question by the way, I still like watching West Ham .

History will be kind to Claudio and we'll remember him. Probably not true of the management.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    So do you think the fans, board, shareholders et al would be happy if they played attractive football all the way to the Championship?
    Of course not, ex WHU favourite or not, there'd be calls to sack him, shore up the team and stave off relegation..
    Not a leading question by the way, I still like watching West Ham .
    Of course there would.

As I said, no loyalty in football.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Just read his statement on the BBC.

The 2nd half was particularly good IMHO - he is certainly a classy and dignified gentlemen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Just read his statement on the BBC.

The 2nd half was particularly good IMHO - he is certainly a classy and dignified gentlemen.
    He certainly is... any City fan couldn't read that without a tear in their eye...
    Last edited by Wolfie; 25th February 2017 at 09:41.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Top post!

Who do you blame for Ranieri's demise, the players, the fans for expecting too much or the board for not investing more money?
    It's really not clear...

The players just haven't turned up... I've read comments about them being 'journeymen' who played well above their level, which I find a little patronising, as there is an awful lot of talent in the team capable of being on double their current points tally by this stage...

It's always easier to blame someone else rather yourself and if pointing the finger at the manager helps excuse your short comings, then there'd be a squad full of players doing just that

Fans are a mixed bunch, some have become too big for their boots, most are rooted in reality, but, am surprised by the amount of fans who are relieved he's gone...

The owners have never shied away from investment and have been held in huge esteem by the fans, we had a huge banner wishing our chairman a happy birthday last year... I'm not so happy with them today

I really don't know, but, I'd have traded anything for last year, but, not this, it doesn't feel right

I've been there when we've been relegated too often and would have shrugged my shoulders and turned up in my seat and watched championship football quite happily in preference to this
    Last edited by Wolfie; 25th February 2017 at 01:09.

Master
    I really don't know, but, I'd have traded anything for last year, but, not this, it doesn't feel right

I've been there when we've been relegated too often and would have shrugged my shoulders and turned up in my seat and watched championship football quite happily in preference to this
    Well said and good for you mate. Football needs more fans with your attitude.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ronin View Post
    From a foorball point of view, a correct decision. They have been hopeless and totally disorganized. From a human point of view, a terrible decision..
    Spot on..been a lcfc fan since birth and the performance from the team lately has been awful and c.r.'s tactics and team choice have been mind boggling at times ..approx £80 million being spent to consider..should have pushed him upstairs ( was he offered this ?!) before january and let the new fella have the transfer window imo . Hopefully turn a corner but i would except relegation if it comes as last year was worth it .
    Lovely fella that will always be remembered for the seasons heroics and iirc he is due a £3million payoff
    The owners have pumped tens of millions into the club and wrote off a massive debt last year , they have built the club and backed it up with there own money..
    I loved claudio but form is temporary and the losses have been to much for the owners to take..they didnt want to sack him but have had to try something
    Last edited by mattleicester; 25th February 2017 at 16:01.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Well said and good for you mate. Football needs more fans with your attitude.
    yup, they are a dying breed

Master
    Blog Entries
    So has the sacking worked or is it that liverpool are just absolute crap these days?

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    So has the sacking worked or is it that liverpool are just absolute crap these days?
    Leicester played well tonight, like......Leicester of last season! But yes it helped that Liverpool were awful.

Liverpool were seriously terrible.Never turned up until we went 3-0 down.

What makes me laugh about the whole situation is that Craig "Chalkie" looks like a front runner (According to the pundits) to take the position on a full time basis.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Liverpool have not turned up since christmas.

Blog Entries
    So where the helll have they been since May… what a bunch of absolute @";#$€

Delighted wit the three points though (feel ever so slightly dirty saying that)

Grrrrrhhhhh

Master
    And there's the rub, a bit of time and enough points to stay up, and most fans will have forgiven (if not forgotten!) the Ranieri sacking.

Ranieri did come across as a genuinely lovely bloke, which I guess makes his treatment feel worse.

He'll be ok though.

I think all last night did was prove that the players were at least equally responsible for the position the club is in.

I thought it was very decent of the Leicester supporters to thank Ranieri with the march from town. A mark of appreciation for the things he has done for Leicester.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I think all last night did was prove that the players were at least equally responsible for the position the club is in.
    Absolutely agree.

Most will be watching to see if the team can sustain things though, or will they return to default.

Or alternatively...
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend with Leicester season ticket said
    We pressured lots. High up the pitch too. Tactics were last seasons. Loads of energy. Simple 442. Find vardy early. Draw them out and counter. It was last seasons starting 11 too with Ndidi in for Kante and have to say he makes Kante look s£&!

I wouldn't be as charitable as you Tone. The players were all responsible.

It's player power, IMO they got Ranieri the sack.

Very similar situation with Mourinho at Chelsea, the players just wouldn't turn up until he went.

Disgraceful and unprofessional.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Or alternatively...
    We pressured lots. High up the pitch too. Tactics were last seasons. Loads of energy. Simple 442. Find vardy early. Draw them out and counter. It was last seasons starting 11 too with Ndidi in for Kante and have to say he makes Kante look s£&!

Spot on summary…. He's getting a bit gidddy about Ndidi though (he's not there yet)…. He's an absolute beast and his stats from last night were off the chart…. I have no idea why he didn't go to a bigger club, however, I'm very glad he didn't!!!

Let's hope there is no buy out clause

Spot on summary…. He's getting a bit gidddy about Ndidi though (he's not there yet)…. He's an absolute beast and his stats from last night were off the chart…. I have no idea why he didn't go to a bigger club, however, I'm very glad he didn't!!!

Let's hope there is no buy out clause
    Ndidi does look a very good buy. Settled in quickly and motm for me last night and the sevilla game.
    Okazaki did what he did all last season as well,
    Its ok saying liverpool where poor but they did the job shakespear asked of them, and hopefully the corner has been turned..hull will be a very good game to gauge us now ,
    Same team as last year..asked to play the way they did last year..few moments to improve on defensively still but simplicity worked ..you should always play to your strengths imo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattleicester View Post
    Ndidi does look a very good buy. Settled in quickly and motm for me last night and the sevilla game.
    Okazaki did what he did all last season as well,
    Its ok saying liverpool where poor but they did the job shakespear asked of them, and hopefully the corner has been turned..hull will be a very good game to gauge us now ,
    Same team as last year..asked to play the way they did last year..few moments to improve on defensively still but simplicity worked ..you should always play to your strengths imo
    Not Vardy? Albrighton was stand out for me too...

Amazing that you do ok when you make an effort and play to your strengths...!

Hull is massive... screw it up after that performance v Liverpool and the fans will be revolting!

Not Vardy? Albrighton was stand out for me too...

Amazing that you do ok when you make an effort and play to your strengths...!

Hull is massive... screw it up after that performance v Liverpool and the fans will be revolting!
    Albrighton imo has always gave his all , vardy has found it very difficult to adapt his game but always seems to do well with okazaki along side..ulloa will hopefully get some game time if we get in front against hull..slimani? Where does he stand atm,
    I would give gray a run in place of mahrez. He was laxy defending again last night..he is fantastic if he gets one on one but he seems to have lost heart completely for me .
    Last edited by mattleicester; 28th February 2017 at 23:15.

I've no affinity with LCFC but please not Hodgson!

(He'd be OK at Spurs though.....)

Blog Entries
    Albrighton imo has always gave his all , vardy has found it very difficult to adapt his game but always seems to do well with okazaki along side..ulloa will hopefully get some game time if we get in front against hull..slimani? Where does he stand atm,
    I would give gray a run in place of mahrez. He was laxy defending again last night..he is fantastic if he gets one on one but he seems to have lost heart completely for me .

He played up top with Slimani v Man City pretty well…. Okazaki has a great game in a generally poorish season

Can't see Ulloa kicking a ball in a City shirt anytime soon…. He'll be off in the summer

Gray unlucky not to be starting…. But, have to start the same team as we did Monday v Hull

Mahrez for the third goal though!!!! He'll click again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    I've no affinity with LCFC but please not Hodgson!

(He'd be OK at Spurs though.....)
    Don't…. Too depressing for words

Beginning to look like the right decision?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Beginning to look like the right decision?
    Claudio who??

Of course you can never take last season away from him but the owners decision looks to be pragmatic and I'll bet a lot of Leicester fans are agreeing with it too now.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Claudio who??

Of course you can never take last season away from him but the owners decision looks to be pragmatic and I'll bet a lot of Leicester fans are agreeing with it too now.
    So conflicted... heart still hates the desicion.... HATES it

But, were looking more likely to be in top half now and be relatively comfortable

Next up is your lot in the league...

So conflicted... heart still hates the desicion.... HATES it

But, were looking more likely to be in top half now and be relatively comfortable

Next up is your lot in the league...
    We've got to play Chelsea first.

Wish we had played you a few weeks ago.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Difficult to call claudio but it has all gone positive since his departure. When he came in many supporters where moaning it was a bad decision...he inherited a team on the front foot after pulling away from certain doom...shakespear stayed ( i presume on the owners say.so) where most managers would employ there own men( he did bring some in with him). steve walsh found Kante and he proved to be an awesome investment...they played a simple system all season and it worked after a dodgy start ..we won the league and they were all heros....close season didnt look too good apart from musa scoring 2 against barca..lost in the charity shield and results tumbled..pressure was on him now being manager of the year..every pundit in the world was saying leicester have been worked out and they have to change..claudio took this on board changed things.felt forced to play his signings but it did not work ..players morale got lower and lower ..only the champions league gave us a glimmer..claudio goes and we revert to what worked last year..now it looks all rosy. I questioned why he tried to change things as Half way through last season all the other teams knew the plan and couldnt stop us, sevilla next up and i wouldnt expect us to roll them over 3-1 but IF we can stop them scoring we are in with a massive shout.
    He didnt expect to win the league and when he came in he was asked if he would stay if we where relegated the following season..that said everything about the owners expectations but they were blown out the window , the millwall loss was the final straw imo..
    Last edited by mattleicester; 5th March 2017 at 18:18.

Blog Entries
    We've got to play Chelsea first.

Wish we had played you a few weeks ago.
    Any of the teams lined up until the end of the season will be wishing that, based on our form closing the 2014/15 season when we were in a tight spot

Think it'll be very tight at the Whammers... would rip your arm off for a point

Chelsea... league in the bag and deservedly so... best team in the league by a distance

Blog Entries
    Difficult to call claudio but it has all gone positive since his departure. When he came in many supporters where moaning it was a bad decision...he inherited a team on the front foot after pulling away from certain doom...shakespear stayed ( i presume on the owners say.so) where most managers would employ there own men( he did bring some in with him). steve walsh found Kante and he proved to be an awesome investment...they played a simple system all season and it worked after a dodgy start ..we won the league and they were all heros....close season didnt look too good apart from musa scoring 2 against barca..lost in the charity shield and results tumbled..pressure was on him now being manager of the year..every pundit in the world was saying leicester have been worked out and they have to change..claudio took this on board changed things.felt forced to play his signings but it did not work ..players morale got lower and lower ..only the champions league gave us a glimmer..claudio goes and we revert to what worked last year..now it looks all rosy. I questioned why he tried to change things as Half way through last season all the other teams knew the plan and couldnt stop us, sevilla next up and i wouldnt expect us to roll them over 3-1 but IF we can stop them scoring we are in with a massive shout.
    He didnt expect to win the league and when he came in he was asked if he would stay if we where relegated the following season..that said everything about the owners expectations but they were blown out the window , the millwall loss was the final straw imo..
    Still feel sad about the Claudio... one glimmer of goodness is the Shakespeare's staying until the end of the season now, which he more than deserves

What a doofus Martin Keown is though... talk about spouting from your @rse on MOTD

Blog Entries
    Chelsea... league in the bag and deservedly so... best team in the league by a distance

Never count your Chickens still a long way to go and after this WE's results i am still twitchy and hopefully we will get a result at the "irons" tomorrow night as to LCFC just like the old days and as to CR as a CFC supporter IMO a nice bloke but not quite the finished article.
    Could probably make a fortune doing Dolmino adverts
    Last edited by mart broad; 5th March 2017 at 23:24.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post

Never count your Chickens still a long way to go and after this WE's results i am still twitchy and hopefully we will get a result at the "irons" tomorrow night as to LCFC just like the old days and as to CR as a CFC supporter IMO a nice bloke but not quite the finished article.
    Count away... if you'd don't win it then I'll appear on MOTD in my boxer shorts... had loads of neutrals telling me something similar last year!!!

CR is, and always will be, my hero.... unimpeachable...

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post

Not in the bag yet, and not the best by a distance.