closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

Ranieri Sacked by Leicester

Sums up everything that's wrong with the game. Owners are only interested in the good times and loyalty is a swear word.

Shocking. Shame on Leicester City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39070927

Master
    Flabbergasted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

Shocking. Shame on Leicester City.
    +1 - shame on the owners.

z

Blog Entries
    I think they would have escaped relegation with CR. Hope they go down now !

Loyalty FFS !

Master
    Disgraceful behaviour. He led Leicester to the unattainable and they do this. Very sad day in sports (yet again I may add).

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post

Loyalty FFS !

Me too, as long as Sunderland go with them ;)

Disgusting. He took them to heights they could never have dreamed of. 6 months ago he was a god to them and now something resembling reality has hit the club they dump the man who has given the fans more to cheer about than anyone who came before him.

Blog Entries
    We'll be viewed as the pariahs of world football.... any rightly so

I am shocked and ashamed to call myself a Leicester fan

Master
    From a foorball point of view, a correct decision. They have been hopeless and totally disorganized. From a human point of view, a terrible decision..

Craftsman
    Disgraceful, after all he's done for the club!

Those players and fans who called for his head should now hang theirs in shame!

This from Ranieri:

'I could leave last season, I won the title and I had something with other teams but I wanted to stay here because I knew it was a difficult year.
    'I came here to build, to build something good for Leicester, for everybody. I keep going, I maintain my mind in this way. I forget the title and I want to achieve something good for the fans, chairman and the city.'

Speechless, rather depressed but not surprised.

if he has any sense he will be on the first flight to China and cash in.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post

Loyalty FFS !
    i think I agree...

Master
    Blog Entries
    How about a contra view.

He's simply not doing or getting it this season for whatever reason. Failing rapidly actually.

Football is BIG business and the board crave success. Relegation would be business failure.

Claudio stood in the way of all that. Romance and loyalty went out of football when agents for players and managers became the norm.

The sacking does not mean he's a suddenly bad manager, just that his time has come.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lets face it - the players did the impossible last season and all know it was a one off. They have achieved the best thing they will ever win, got lazy and have let down the manager, club and fans.

Master
    Outrageous decision given what he achieved last season.

I have been a lifelong LCFC supporter, Ranieri has been the only manager to take us to the very top.

He could have left at the end of last season on a high but wished to consolidate, loyalty should cut both ways.

I appreciate this season is not going well but still think we would have escaped relegation with Claudio in charge.

Who on earth will they appoint to succeed him?
    Last edited by JeremyO; 23rd February 2017 at 21:36.

Statement from Leicester City on 7th February 2017

"The entire club is and will remain united behind the manager and behind its players, collectively and firmly focused on the challenges ahead."

????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Statement from Leicester City on 7th February 2017

"The entire club is and will remain united behind the manager and behind its players, collectively and firmly focused on the challenges ahead."

????
    "trust me"

Master
    Scandalous decision, it's no surprise they've struggled a lot of 2nd rate players that achieved the unthinkable and a moment that will be the pinnacle of there careers, it's no surprise they've lacked the motivation to go again.

Kante was the only one who has tried to better himself (I'm nit a Chelsea fan either) and the players have downed tools, they will remain immortal forever because of the achievements and the only thing ranieri has done wrong is remain loyal.

Thirty years of relegation for one year of champions most fans of leicesters stature would be happy with that and I think it's a shocking decision they should of built him a statue and as a neutral think he deserves much more but that's football nowadays

Did they offer him any funds in the two transfer windows that have passed since he won the title for them? If they did I don't see any new signings. The team was pretty old by football standards and there was no way they were going to sustain the momentum of the winning season. And didn't they sell one of their best players to Chelsea?

Shameful way to treat the tinker man and I can't see what a new manager can bring to avert the inevitable. There was talk of dressing room confusion and unrest but the players need to take some responsibility and should be ashamed it's come to this.

All that said, I'd laugh my ass off if they win the Champions League AND go down. The beautiful game…

Man should have a statue in the city centre. Sacked a few months after doing the impossible. The fact that all the Leicester fans I have heard from including Wolfie will be ashamed of this decision says it all.

The club hierarchy will not come out of this looking good, if they stay up or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Utterly disgusting! Did they expect him to copy last season??
    He led them to a deserved premier league trophy which gifted the shareholders with Champions League football this season!!

If they had done what was expected and just managed to "tread water" last season it would be business as usual, he'd have five more seasons of it. It seems that because they over-achieved last season he is being punished now!

No offence to Leicester fans, last year was well fought and well deserved, they got off to a flying start and momentum carried them through. It wasn't world class football and at times it wasn't pretty, but every match they played the whole team just seemed to WANT it more than the other guys. Ranieri ignited and stoked that fire, and now they've binned him because Leicester are playing mediocre football...as was expected of them last year.

The premier league is a disgrace.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bad practice. On the bright side i hope we pulverise them on monday

Who the hell is going to take his position and recreate what they achieved last season,Did the owners and board really believe they would be flying in the league again this season.

Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    … and now they've binned him because Leicester are playing mediocre football...as was expected of them last year.

The premier league is a disgrace.
    A perfect summary Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    A perfect summary Kev
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    A perfect summary Kev
    Isn't it. Spot on.

FFS ......what planet are they on ?
    Are they feckin nuts ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Suppose someone from the usual merry go round of mediocre managers will get the job and last 12 months if lucky

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Bad practice. On the bright side i hope we pulverise them on monday

Just to offer a counterpoint, but they are showing relegation form and are the only team in the top 4 English leagues to not have scored a league goal this year. The fact he won the league last year counts for nothing if the club can't stay in the premier league with its tv riches. As an Arsenal supporter I know only too well of clubs being run for profit.
    Last edited by Gromdal; 23rd February 2017 at 22:22.

Master
    Totally disgraceful......the players should be ashamed and the owners should be ousted!!!!!
    I am a diehard Liverpool supporter but am outraged by this decision.

The problem is that the board have had a sniff of the good stuff in a single, one-off, crazy season and now expect it to be their natural league position. It isn't. It takes a long time to cement an elevated position.

Short-term thinking is so disappointing but very much the done thing as the numbers are so large.

Master
    Blog Entries
    All that's wrong with football. Bloody disgrace.

If they stay up, it's the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    If they stay up, it's the right decision.
    I soooooo wanted them to win the league ....now I soooooo hope they go down.

I must Google where they roughly were when he took over ....in my head they were always a "just above relegation zone" team

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Suppose someone from the usual merry go round of mediocre managers will get the job and last 12 months if lucky
    Pardew ;)

My bet on them going down looks even better.

Think it is a real shame, unfortunately a sign of the times. They think sacking the manager will give the team a boost. It has worked over the years sometimes but it's one of those things that teams on the slide do and if the results pick up their decision is vilified. But no one knows what would have happened if they left the manger in place, but doing something is the new way. Claudio looked a beaten man after the match at the weekend.

The players should take a long hard look at themselves, if they have any loyalty to the man and they should, they should be ashamed to have let him down.

Why is everyone so shocked? It was always going to happen and, and I hasten to add I'm talking purely about MODERN football, it's the right decision.

The world has gone mad.

Craftsman
    It's a funny old game ain't it, this time last year Leicester were everyone's favourite's apart from Spuds fans to win the title, now it appears their everyone's favourite to go down!

Master
    No sentiment in business.

I know the Vichai family (owners of Leicester City) relatively well as they are friends of a friend and they are first and foremost business people (and very good ones at that I might add). Sometimes you have to take sentiment out and focus objectively. If Leicester go down they lose their best players, and the club is effectively at risk of turning into an Aston Villa.

I'm a sales director and our last financial quarter was an all time record sales performance. If however this quarter and the next were abject disasters I could rightly expect to have to look for new employment. In the case of Ranieri, he will leave his position with millions in the bank, further millions in a severance pay-off and probably head off to China to earn millions more. Without being a heartless bastard I think objectivity and what's best for the long term future of Leicester City is important here, loyalty is a lovely word but this isn't a brotherhood this is a business where sometimes unpleasant decisions need to be made for the longer term good. Whether this decision ends up being a good one for Leicester we will need to see but the team was heading for relegation, of that there is no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I know the Vichai family (owners of Leicester City) relatively well as they are friends of a friend and they are first and foremost business people (and very good ones at that I might add). Sometimes you have to take sentiment out and focus objectively. If Leicester go down they lose their best players, and the club is effectively at risk of turning into an Aston Villa.

I'm a sales director and our last financial quarter was an all time record sales performance. If however this quarter and the next were abject disasters I could rightly expect to have to look for new employment. In the case of Ranieri, he will leave his position with millions in the bank, further millions in a severance pay-off and probably head off to China to earn millions more. Without being a heartless bastard I think objectivity and what's best for the long term future of Leicester City is important here, loyalty is a lovely word but this isn't a brotherhood this is a business where sometimes unpleasant decisions need to be made for the longer term good. Whether this decision ends up being a good one for Leicester we will need to see but the team was heading for relegation, of that there is no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    You're totally right Ryan. It is all about money and if it was yours or mine, or anyone else here, maybe we'd act the same way, who knows.

However it's still what's totally rotten about football. Then again it's been like that most of my life.

This short-termism is endemic everywhere now. Instant results is are all that matters, regardless of whether they are sustainable or even strategically sensible.

The idea of actually building something robust for long term success is an anathema. This is why hospital managers, headteachers, business leaders who can be parachuted in, hack everything to bits to deliver an immediate boost and then bugger off as it all starts to fall apart because they haven't actually "built" anything, are dangerous and rarely deliver sustainable success.

Sadly, they are very much what the market, in its myopic view, now seems obsessed with.

Nobody actually stays in jobs long enough to properly build a high-quality organisation.

Leicester demonstrates this perfectly. They've just fired the architect of their own amazing achievement, and with him goes any chance of turning it into a long-term success.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Blog Entries
    Everybody hates us this morning

we we're one of the greatest stories ever…. I saw business presentations featuring us, showing how a team coming together could achieve great things against the odds…. I had business colleagues in far flung places of the world who'd heard of my town and I felt proud

We were the miracle club, the overachievers…. The team that lots of neutrals cheered on

Now 'doing a Leicester' will linked to disloyalty and backstabbing

I feel really ashamed and embarrassed

When I ever I hear 'business' being linked to football it makes my skin crawl…. I know what money has done for my club in the past and happily embraced it, but, it all feels a little sour now

Really upset.…

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Everybody hates us this morning

we we're one of the greatest stories ever…. I saw business presentations featuring us, showing how a team coming together could achieve great things against the odds…. I had business colleagues in far flung places of the world who'd heard of my town and I felt proud

We were the miracle club, the overachievers…. The team that lots of neutrals cheered on

Now 'doing a Leicester' will linked to disloyalty and backstabbing

I feel really ashamed and embarrassed

When I ever I hear 'business' being linked to football it makes my skin crawl…. I know what money has done for my club in the past and happily embraced it, but, it all feels a little sour now

Really upset.…
    I feel really bad for you, and it's difficult to disagree with the above this morning.

Terribly, terribly sad. It feels, and looks like a betrayal.
    So clever my foot fell off.

If not this season, then next season or some time soon, Leicester will go down, and will then have to think about getting back up again. In the long run, sinking back down with CR still at the helm, surrounded by the nation's goodwill, would have been better than this will prove. Everyone will be delighted if they now go down, and will carry on smiling at every instance of misfortune, and the delight at their success will soon be eclipsed by the universal schadenfreude. And then what source of inspiration will that title prove to Leicester, or anyone else? Succeed so you can rip yourself apart?
    Last edited by Der Amf; 24th February 2017 at 09:47. Reason: Typo

Blog Entries
    Anybody who read this was just waiting

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...laudio-ranieri

Football especially at this level is all about money it is that simple it takes really deep pockets to run a EPL club and the LCFC story was about a season that is where it all came together in an almost magical way for the reality to bite this season the club is a "twilight zone" one bottom of the EPL and top of the Championship where so many others ply their trade. The players over reached last season as did CR and the reality is neither are quite good enough so the owners knee jerk and CR gets the sack he will get a package, another job and IMO LCFC will go down but whereas the football world rejoiced with them last season this one it will be serves them right.

I'm not getting all the faux outrage. Surely it's a business decision at the end of the day?
    Leicester are in free fall and heading for relegation, a demotion that costs millions of pounds. The owners won't have taken this decision lightly but whatever has gone on that we aren't privy to, they had to make that decision. It's just a pity they can't sack the players too.
    It's not the first time either, City did it with Mancini, Chelsea last year with Mourhino, Liverpool with Brenda after they 'won' the league;)
    Do we think Ranieri would still have been there if Barcelona came knocking after his title win? It's just how it is and no amount of hand wringing by fans will ever change that.