Banned
    Blog Entries

Exclamation For the modern watch tech lovers

Finally!!!!

A picture of the SDGA innards:

Looks really neat

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Btw. apart from the two cuff models, Seiko has only brought out four different models. Two in the Brightz and two in the Spirit range. One limted edition in the former and two in the latter.

ALL fetch around/over new price now, the LEs go for a lot more and the Star Wars SDGA for a LOT more.

I doubt there will be another model. Sadly enough as I would JUMP at the next LE.
    I so regret not buying the Golgo when it came out:

Those are lovely things. I've just found a few images of the star wars pieces. So much want.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    Thank you VERY much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    ALL fetch around/over new price now, the LEs go for a lot more and the Star Wars SDGA for a LOT more.
    I thought you could still pick up the SDGA005 for about £750 but all those are sold out and the only one I found actually for sale is over £2k! Don't think I'll be selling mine just yet though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I thought you could still pick up the SDGA005 for about £750 but all those are sold out and the only one I found actually for sale is over £2k!
    It surprised me a lot too, to see that all EPD models sell for as much to a LOT more than their introduction.
    If you want to have a chuckle; read the responses of the good folk to first reviews of my SDGA001 here.
    Meanwhile I am kicking myself for not having taken some more plunges.
    Since this thread is about modern tech more than just the EPD: I am dillydallying about buying a GPS tech one
    A limited edition would press another button and a Manga one even more. I should have jumped on an Appleseed. I think that one sooooo cool!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I thought you could still pick up the SDGA005 for about £750 but all those are sold out and the only one I found actually for sale is over £2k! Don't think I'll be selling mine just yet though.
    Eek, I sold mine here 2 years ago for £550 and it sat for a while too!

Banned
    Blog Entries

More rare shots

And this is the GPS chip!!!

What's more; kept on the boil by photons all the way from the sun to drive the electron pump powering the receiver of the satellite signal and the qco tuning fork vibrating at 32kHertz.
    Horology on the molecular level. How is THAT for engineering accurate time keeping.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    By the way, the last Astron of the previous release; the 40 year anniversary model with 9F62, that sold on ebay was november last year for 3200 Euros.
    The Seiko luxury accurate watches are doing well ;-)

I would LOVE a Hattori Astro GPS but after only 4 years those are already doing too well :-(

Was waiting for the 2017 LE but that 5 years anniversary model is not to my taste at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post

And this is the GPS chip!!!

What's more; kept on the boil by photons all the way from the sun to drive the electron pump powering the receiver of the satellite signal and the qco tuning fork vibrating at 32kHertz.
    Horology on the molecular level. How is THAT for engineering accurate time keeping.
    Quartz watches have no soul? They do to me. Interesting stuff, keep it coming 👍

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfling View Post
    Quartz watches have no soul? They do to me. Interesting stuff, keep it coming 
    Unfortunately there is not all that much high end high tech accurate stuff.
    The days that horology strove to design and develop the most accurate time pieces were shot down by the Hayek & Biver campaign reinventing the mechanical being an anachronism as something to be desired.

The competition between Seiko and Citizen seems to be the only thing pushing horology ahead in this direction.
    The catch phrase on the case back of the Hattori Astron therefore refers to Citizen only. This becomes all the more evident when one realizes that this LE was aimed at the JDM.

Anyway let's not dwell on what is not and be happy that these two are at it