closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The worst fake Seiko I've seen recently

The worst fake Seiko I've seen recently

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-SE...-/122353931137

Nothing about this is genuine and it looks *terrible* yet it's had several bids getting it to £30 from 6 different people. Madness.
    I had to laugh at the seller calling it a diver's watch with its 30m rating... Wouldn't trust it in 30mm water :)

Got to love a well worded advert........buy the seller....umm maybe not.
    Last edited by djjuk; 22nd February 2017 at 19:24.

I'm not sure it beats this one - seen in a kiosk in Caracas a couple of years ago.

He also works 25 hours a day so clearly lives on another planet!

I never realised there were fake Seikos, I assumed as one came down the watch pricing scale the frequency of fakes would fall off significantly...

Even as a noob that looks shockingly bad and the description is laughable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More like selling to support his meth habit by the state of that advert

Doesnt look fake to me. Well worn....but not fake.

Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    I never realised there were fake Seikos, I assumed as one came down the watch pricing scale the frequency of fakes would fall off significantly...
    Large numbers of fake Casio F91 would say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    Large numbers of fake Casio F91 would say otherwise.
    Love the f91. I've got one that i've put an 18 mm bond nato on and the wife has one with the original strap. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I'm not sure it beats this one - seen in a kiosk in Caracas a couple of years ago.

The famed tinfoil Seiko...

Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    Plenty of fake Seiko's around, and eBay is full of fake Seiko parts, especially dials.

That is so bad it is hilarious! No such thing as a quartz Seiko 5, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Nansbread1 View Post
    Doesnt look fake to me. Well worn....but not fake.
    The dial is fake, Seiko haven't made one with 30m on it or ever used that font, the hands are horribly short and fake and the case is fake with appalling quality manufacture, terrible crown guards and dodgy stamping on the back (also the 7S26 is an auto movement not quartz), nothing about it is legit 😀

I have to be honest say I wouldn't have thought they'd bother to fake a Seiko.

You live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by carlt69 View Post
    I have to be honest say I wouldn't have thought they'd bother to fake a Seiko.

You live and learn.

The £10-ish Casio F91-W is one of the most high volume faked watches in the world. Look out for phrases like "Note: This watch doesn't come in commercial box packaging but in plastic packing" on adverts selling them for a fiver eg http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-F-91...-/182436790009

Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    The dial is fake, Seiko haven't made one with 30m on it or ever used that font, the hands are horribly short and fake and the case is fake with appalling quality manufacture, terrible crown guards and dodgy stamping on the back (also the 7S26 is an auto movement not quartz), nothing about it is legit 
    Yes the dial is a horrible fake. It's nothing like a real Seiko dial. The worst fakes though are poor copies of original dials, often made to deceive. A good example is the Scubapro 450 dial. The fakes are getting scarily close bearing in mind the value of a real Scubapro 450. At any time there are a lot of 'Scubapro 450's' on ebay, and (with extremely rare exception) all of them will be fake.

FYI... Seiko produced several watches with 30m on the dial, most notably the Sportsmatic Silverwave from the early 60's.
    Last edited by Jim W; 23rd February 2017 at 10:45.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    Yes the dial is a horrible fake. It's nothing like a real Seiko dial. The worst fakes though are poor copies of original dials, often made to deceive. A good example is the Scubapro 450 dial. The fakes are getting scarily close bearing in mind the value of a real Scubapro 450. At any time there are a lot of 'Scubapro 450's' on ebay, and (with extremely rare exception) all of them will be fake.

I bought a few watches from that seller, he's had a lot of good stuff listed the last couple of weeks, but yes quite a bit of tatt as well - endless invictas and quite a few franken-watches and fakes. I suspect he's a collector but not an expert, just buys what he likes the look of. Pity because he's clearly had his pants pulled down a LOT, he had two "Scubapro 450" models listed as well.

Craftsman
    Surprisingly he seems to have 100% feedback.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    That is so bad it is hilarious! No such thing as a quartz Seiko 5, of course.
    There were rare Seiko 5s with quartz movement (the 7123) around 1980. Yes, this made no sense since one of the five points that '5' refers to is 'Automatic', but a quartz 5 nevertheless did exist.

One is discussed here: http://www.mcbroom.biz/PMWF/Seiko-Five-Quartz-part1.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Surprisingly he seems to have 100% feedback.
    It seems to me that (a) a lot of people don't know what they are buying so never raise refund cases and (b) if they do open a case then they tend not to provide feedback.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    It seems to me that (a) a lot of people don't know what they are buying so never raise refund cases and (b) if they do open a case then they tend not to provide feedback.
    Sad really, because it just perpetuates the problem.

Craftsman

and it tells the exact time

at least twice a day ;-))