closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hodinkee live right now... 60th Anniversary of the Speedmaster

Master

Hodinkee live right now... 60th Anniversary of the Speedmaster

Thanks for the heads-up. Bowtie only event?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. Bowtie only event?
    That guy with the bow tie is one of the nicest and most interesting guys ever. He bought me and a friend lunch once, right after he remembered I had a Leica camera, one year earlier during a short conversation with him at the museum. He has an unbelievable memory.

Craftsman
    I wonder if anyone will sneak a picture of the Basel novelties? Bound to happen.

Craftsman
    Did you catch the end of the audio where they were announcing to the bowtie guests that they would be receiving an LE Hodinkee Speedmaster?

I think the CEO dealt with the question about too many LE watches quite well - reminding people that each LE has some kind of story behind it. I can't say I'm convinced, considering that if you keep pumping out LE watches then they cease to be LE! However I did enjoy the response and glad Ben brought it up.

A pleasure to watch Hodinkee videos as always.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    I wonder if anyone will sneak a picture of the Basel novelties? Bound to happen.
    Very risky for someone to do this but I hope it happens as well lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mjgerrard View Post
    Did you catch the end of the audio where they were announcing to the bowtie guests that they would be receiving an LE Hodinkee Speedmaster?

I think the CEO dealt with the question about too many LE watches quite well - reminding people that each LE has some kind of story behind it. I can't say I'm convinced, considering that if you keep pumping out LE watches then they cease to be LE! However I did enjoy the response and glad Ben brought it up.

A pleasure to watch Hodinkee videos as always.
    Was it definitely a watch that was given? I only had the volume low as my gf is next to me sleeping.

The LEs will always cause controversy but I don't mind the moonwatch-based variants at all. It's the Moonphase model releases like last year that IMO dilute things a little, although I did like one when I tried it. It's good to have choice and they're still going strong, so they're doing something right.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    Very risky for someone to do this but I hope it happens as well lol.

Was it definitely a watch that was given? I only had the volume low as my gf is next to me sleeping.

The LEs will always cause controversy but I don't mind the moonwatch-based variants at all. It's the Moonphase model releases like last year that IMO dilute things a little, although I did like one when I tried it. It's good to have choice and they're still going strong, so they're doing something right.
    Not definitely I don't think. They faded out the audio and for all I can tell they may have put the word "photograph" on the end of the sentence :)

I just thought it was an amusing anecdote if it were true. Ben criticises CEO for too many LE's and then gets given an LE for just showing up.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.

(All that money around, and they can't find a wireless microphone that works properly!)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting.

(All that money around, and they can't find a wireless microphone that works properly!)
    That and every time they showed a close up of the watch in question, it cuts off the audio. And of course putting up a "Thanks for joining us" banner while the CEO was still addressing everyone. The editing did seem a little amateurish in places.

Master
    Wait so was there a new watch anounced?? Or just a small gift to attendees?

Quote Originally Posted by mjgerrard View Post
    That and every time they showed a close up of the watch in question, it cuts off the audio. And of course putting up a "Thanks for joining us" banner while the CEO was still addressing everyone. The editing did seem a little amateurish in places.
    Definitely not up to their normal standards.

Craftsman
    So no juicy info leaked out of this event then?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    So no juicy info leaked out of this event then?
    It doesn't look like! No Hodinkee Speedy's ended up on eBay (If there is such a thing), and nobody leaked anything about the Basel either. Very disappointing!

Master
    It was a NATO strap with omega and hodinkee branding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk