closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tissot Seamaster servicing advice

Tissot Seamaster servicing advice

New member with a watch servicing question for this Tissot:

This watch is a family heirloom and I want to make sure to send it to the right place for a full service. It is a mechanical automatic, but it runs slow. Its condition is excellent.

I live in Nottingham and all the locally advertised repair shops look like they just post the watch to some central workshop. I would prefer to be in direct contact with the person who will do the servicing, even if the communication is just by email.

I started reading this forum last year when the watch came in my possession. i know Paul Walker is highly regarded, but I'm not sure if he still takes on new jobs. What would you guys recommend?

Thank you for your advice,

Remi

PS: the 500 pixel wide image was still too big, so there is a link to the image on my flickr page instead of an attachment.

correct url for my Tissot

Here is a better link to my Tissot on flickr:

Hope this works now

Hi Remi and welcome. I can see your second picture, that's a lovely watch. I fully understand your desire to use a true watchmaker that you know. Personally I have used Brendan, 'webwatchmaker' on this forum (or google webwatchmaker). But there are many others. You will have more luck if you post in the main Watch Talk sub-forum. Also use the search function. For instance other names I see often are thewatchbloke, STS, Ryte Time and Genesis, but I haven't used them myself.

Looks great!

I would contact Brendan (Webwatchmaker) or Duncan (Thewatchbloke)

One of them will be able to sort it out no problem. A number of us use them regularly.

Journeyman

Tissot

Nice simple automatic movement , I've a few of them myself, different models.
    Shouldn't be any problem to get someone to service it, I done loads of them my myself.
    Nice to see .

Grand Master
    Member walkerwek1958 has done fantastic work for myself and others on vintage Tissots in the past.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I will be happy to repair this for you Remi.

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app