closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Well its back from repair >>

Well its back from repair >>

Had a few things done to it, the main spring had snapped, ultra sonic cleaning, and an extra link for the bracelet. Heres a quick pic, i think i am in love again.

Grand Master
    Very nice!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Thanks, its come back as good as new now , so hopefully it wont need servicing for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Very nice!

Master
    Just beautiful, I bet you missed it while it was gone.

Apprentice
    Lovely watch.

I also missed my Seamaster when it went in for a service last summer. £550. Ouch!

Came back like new, mind:

My 2254 is currently away for service - the wait is always too long but worth it on its return......Looks great!

Yeah thats pricey but its all worth it thats a cracking piece you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullevi View Post
    Lovely watch.

I also missed my Seamaster when it went in for a service last summer. £550. Ouch!

Came back like new, mind:

Yep the wait is always bad.

Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    My 2254 is currently away for service - the wait is always too long but worth it on its return......Looks great!

Journeyman
    Nothing better than getting than getting your watch back in virtually new condition... until you realise how much it costs... she looks a beauty!

Yeh, this is gonna be my daily wearer for abit of time now , and thanks she's a looker.

Quote Originally Posted by TrussHugger View Post
    Nothing better than getting than getting your watch back in virtually new condition... until you realise how much it costs... she looks a beauty!
    Last edited by SSK007; 21st February 2017 at 18:49.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by SSK007; 21st February 2017 at 19:15.

Really beautiful. I do love that watch.

Grand Master
    One of my favourites, I find the Moonwatch wears too big on me so I`m happy with a 3510.50 which captures the look without the size. Only thing I don`t like is the DD chronograph modular movement. I`m in two minds whether to strip mine down this summer, the watch hasn`t been serviced from new and despite being worn very sparingly it really should have a dose of TLC. I could service the base movement, I`ve done that before on a similar watch, but I`d be happier knowing the chrono module has been relubricated too.

As far as I know, no parts are listed for the chrono module, so that puts a repairer in an embarrassing positon if something goes astray during servicing. A good reason for not taking them on as service jobs.

Paul

I have had a Speedy Reduced from new for the past 16 or so years and it was my first 'expensive' watch purchase. I have to say that I like it, but I always regret not buying a Moonwatch instead when it did not cost that much more. The potential servicing issue with the modular movement has only reinforced that view.

Grand Master
    I agree with the servicing comments!

I was v. lucky to get my Speedy reduced in 2005 as a long-service gift from work for 30 years service1 First chronograph I`d owned, far different from what I normally collected, but it was too good a chance to miss. List price was around £875, the company probably got a big discount. Can`t remember who supplied it but I remember it arriving in the post!

I`m really happy with the size, it fits me better than the Moonwatch, I really like the watch, but the DD chrono module is a drawback. I guess they're OK till they give trouble.

Apart from a couple of cheap watches in my youth, and Seiko 5 bought for £32 in Lanzarotte (2005ish) it's the only new watch I`ve owned. That in itself gives it novelty value in my collection.

Must give mine a bit more wrist time.

Paul

A Speedmaster Reduced was the first 'nice' watch I bought at the tender age of 21
    Cost me what I thought was a stupid amount of money back then but I loved the design.
    It was a really nice watch but I really wanted a moon watch so sold it and bought a Speedmaster Pro.
    I do miss it but it was a bit too small for my wrist.
    The bracelet on the reduced is better quality than the standard (pre screw) professional bracelet IMHO.
    I have thought about sourcing one for 'err in doors' as it's the sort of watch she would wear but now prices have rocketed (compared with what I sold mine for) she make do with what she has. :-)

John

Craftsman

Question and a comment

To the OP: nice watch and glad you have it back. I also have a reduced and love it.

Regarding some of the later comments about servicing difficulties and associated costs, did your watch get a full service or just spring replacement? If full service, what was the cost?

And about those service fears for the chrono module...seems it's a little exaggerated and, IMO, an example of group think. More often than not posters will repeat previous statements about the movement that *might* not be grounded in reality. However, I've read elsewhere on the Internet, and confirmed with an omega certified watchmaker, that the movement is not difficult to work on at all.

Oh well, who knows? Still a great looking watch. Enjoy!

All in it costed £245 that included a service, and all the rest, i also had to get a spare link that wasn't included in the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanV View Post
    To the OP: nice watch and glad you have it back. I also have a reduced and love it.

Regarding some of the later comments about servicing difficulties and associated costs, did your watch get a full service or just spring replacement? If full service, what was the cost?

And about those service fears for the chrono module...seems it's a little exaggerated and, IMO, an example of group think. More often than not posters will repeat previous statements about the movement that *might* not be grounded in reality. However, I've read elsewhere on the Internet, and confirmed with an omega certified watchmaker, that the movement is not difficult to work on at all.

Oh well, who knows? Still a great looking watch. Enjoy!

Master
    Blog Entries

Well its back from repair >>

Who did the work? That's not a bad price.
    Last edited by Middo; 28th February 2017 at 13:52.

PM Sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Who did the work? That's not a bad price.

Craftsman

Gratuitous pic

Nice to see another Automatic Owner.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanV View Post