closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Basel 2017

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Already on the list, and not the first either apparently.
    I just asked to go on list for an anniversary SD on the offchance of release.
    Lol... someone may have snuck in there a few months back :p

Blog Entries

I'm going there Wednesday to Sunday with Molle,
    have already booked one of these even if they are not official yet. Very much looking forward to both that model and the week. :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    According to some rumours on WUS, there will be 4 X 40mm Omega RM, and 1 LE of 38.5mm. No idea to which degree this is truthful, but I'd be glad if it were, as 38.5mm seems to be my sweet spot recently.
    I saw some rumours that there will be a LE set of Railmaster, Speedmaster and Seamaster reissues to mark the anniversary of all three. Would be amazing but imagine it will cost ££££!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Yes - the vintage double reds are very expensive and desirable- but surely much of this is due to scarcity -
    which will not be part of the equation with a new 2017 release.....
    I wonder. If it's 50th anniversary maybe they'll restrict production runs. Who knows?

M

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Lol... someone may have snuck in there a few months back :p
    Shoulda guessed. Dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I wonder. If it's 50th anniversary maybe they'll restrict production runs. Who knows?

M
    Officially, it will never happen - but I'm guessing there is "limited" production in some sense of Deep Blue DSSD's and some would say, Daytonas.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    and some would say, Daytonas.
    Or not?

http://watchesbysjx.com/2016/06/prud...a-ceramic.html

The only way to produce a mechanical chronograph that is as good as the Daytona, for what Rolex charges for them (retail is just over US$12,000), is to make a lot of them. Economies of scale are inescapable in a watch like this.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    This is a wind up. Are the trying to convince us that they need economies of scale to make a Daytona a financially viable product. I bet it has a 1000% mark up.

Rolex will have huge overheads but to manufacture their watches. I reckon <£1000

Craftsman
    Officially, it will never happen - but I'm guessing there is "limited" production in some sense of Deep Blue DSSD's and some would say, Daytonas.
    I've been on a trip to Orlando and Cancun this month, so I thought I'll ask about the AD's availability there.

D-Blu:
    They've had 3 pcs in Orl the day before, but all of them were gone, manager said they can get it in 1-2 weeks.
    In Cancun it was on stock.

Daytona:
    Waiting list is more than 1.5-2 years in Orl.
    Waiting list is 6 months in Cancun.

Funny little story, when I was calling the AD in Cancun from the hotel, we had a little chat at the concierge with the girls. One of them said there is another watch which is really hard to find and everyone wants it and pointed at a colleague's wrist. She had a Casio on and she added: "I'd really want one in gold colour! :)

Craftsman
    I like everyone on this thread hope for coke ss GMT.

Just with the Pepsi bring white gold I cannot see it.

I will just keep waiting for a BLNR.

Craftsman
    Wonder if a new Submariner will be announced.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    A new Railmaster is confirmed as this year the Railmaster turns 60, however it will need to go some to look better than this....

wow! a true competitor to the Explorer in my humble opinion.

Craftsman
    So today I went into my local Rolex AD which is Fraser Hart of Kingston upon Thames. Bare n mind for a second that I am a long standing customer of theirs and have in the past been in there on the first day of Basel to join the 'list' of a upcoming piece. When asking about joining a list for a future SD they were very rude and disrespectful to my questions and points about others on tz joining lists around the uk. I will now forever take my business elsewhere and never set foot in there again. I understand them not wanting to advertise Joining a prospective list but I am a customer of theirs and clearly with a current SD on my wrist a serious buyer. I work in sales for Audi and we regularly take deposits and add people to lists for future models when announced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco81 View Post
    So today I went into my local Rolex AD which is Fraser Hart of Kingston upon Thames. Bare n mind for a second that I am a long standing customer of theirs and have in the past been in there on the first day of Basel to join the 'list' of a upcoming piece. When asking about joining a list for a future SD they were very rude and disrespectful to my questions and points about others on tz joining lists around the uk. I will now forever take my business elsewhere and never set foot in there again. I understand them not wanting to advertise Joining a prospective list but I am a customer of theirs and clearly with a current SD on my wrist a serious buyer. I work in sales for Audi and we regularly take deposits and add people to lists for future models when announced.

AD should always be polite and respectful even if he disagrees with you, yes take your business elsewhere and quick... and only return with the CokeC on your wrist of course.

Master
    ............through their letterbox! ;)

I had an identical experience with Fraser Hart in Brent Cross a few weeks ago. I'm not a long standing customer did buy a BLNR from them 18 months ago. Won't ever use them again.

The people who work in these shops don't usually have an interest in watches, neither do they seem to have any vested interest in the business, or else they are rewarded in such a way that it encourages short term behaviour and aggressive sales techniques rather than developing long term relationships.

Master
    Another Baselworld preview - the Junghans Form A and Form C chrono look interesting. The design tucks the lugs underneath theoretically making a larger dial more wearable. The quartz chrono version Form C looks like a stylish but affordable option. They seem to be a brand that's going from strength to strength, snapping at the heels of Nomos.

https://www.salonqp.com/updates/new_...form-a-design/

Master
    I think I prefer the classic Max bill design from Junghans.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I just hope that the Rolex sports watches for 2017 do not just have red writing on the face or different coloured bezels.

Enjoy your trip bud.

Master
    Probably no news but I was told that the anniversary SD will most likely be precious metal...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    I think you raise a great point. Why would a little bit of red writing make this suddenly a must have Rolex ??

A good point, well made.

I'm going to buy some red paint and then my SD4000 is suddenly "worth" £7,600+++ and a 6 month wait..............not.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    Probably no news but I was told that the anniversary SD will most likely be precious metal...
    There has never been an SD in precious metal and doesn't make sense either.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post

Excellent, you just summarised nicely the Rolex product marketing ethos........

How about this new rolex patent suggesting a luminous bezel inlay. Sd 50th anni?!?

That would be decent but not if it ends up on 42mm and with a cyclops :(

Master

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    But a sub makes "sense"? I think a PM SD makes superb sense for Rolex profits.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    But a sub makes "sense"? I think a PM SD makes superb sense for Rolex profits.
    It'd be bloody heavy mind you.

Exactly the same experience from Fraser Hart Kingston.

Have bought countless watches from them over the years (including steel Daytonas) and each time I walk in, with barely a foot in the door, I'm rudely told that all lists are closed and they don't want my business anymore. Went in as recently as yesterday with a Patek on the wrist and was spoken to in a very condescending manner.

Shall never purchase through them again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's all spin!
    If they have not figured that out by now, they WANT not to know.

Very happy to see that Junghans is getting some lime light. They have given some very innovative tech/design to horology. More than some better spin doctors.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Exactly the same experience from Fraser Hart Kingston.

Have bought countless watches from them over the years (including steel Daytonas) and each time I walk in, with barely a foot in the door, I'm rudely told that all lists are closed and they don't want my business anymore. Went in as recently as yesterday with a Patek on the wrist and was spoken to in a very condescending manner.

Shall never purchase through them again.
    No surprise that it is Fraser Hart, I used to be a good customer of theres and had bought several PM Rolex watches as well as two datejusts on the pretence I would get a Daytona within 6 months back in the day. Been on watch forums, a few forum members highlighted to me that they had received there daytonas. After waiting for the call I went in and the store manager denied that he had made any such agreement. What he had meant was if I had bought few more watches I would be on there list. Never set foot in one of there stores since 2007.

On the plus side I am 2nd on my Ad's list for a new sea dweller or what ever comes out:-)
    Last edited by shoppy; 13th March 2017 at 23:57.

Craftsman
    Seen some mock ups of ceramic explorer II which look very sexy but sadly, i doubt it would happen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    One of the most interesting rumours I've seen was the possible addition of the Skydwellers annual calendar complication going in to a Day Date. However I dug further and traced it all back to the mock up that Rolex Passion Report did, and that was based purely on want rather than actual rumour, so it seems and likely. And then of course I remembered it would never be in steel anyway :(

Interested to see if Nomos have anything interesting - I can only last so long without something from them so if nothing new takes my fancy it may well be a Metro Gangreserve this year.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    One of the most interesting rumours I've seen was the possible addition of the Skydwellers annual calendar complication going in to a Day Date. However I dug further and traced it all back to the mock up that Rolex Passion Report did, and that was based purely on want rather than actual rumour, so it seems and likely. And then of course I remembered it would never be in steel anyway :(

Interested to see if Nomos have anything interesting - I can only last so long without something from them so if nothing new takes my fancy it may well be a Metro Gangreserve this year.
    Nomos has something of a new diving watch. Appears to be for ladies though

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post

Day date is also only PM

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Ha Ha! It seemed to have driven the market wild in the past...

I've never really understood the whole Rolex vintage scene in terms of minor dial differences making such a difference in terms of value but I do have to admit that watch is absolutely stunning!
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 17th March 2017 at 16:18.

Craftsman
    I'm surprised no ones talking about the new teasers released by rolex on their site and various social media accounts today

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    I'm surprised no ones talking about the new teasers released by rolex on their site and various social media accounts today

https://www.rolex.com

Updated sea dweller with cyclops? The 11 and 25 dents are accurate, so maybe?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    https://www.rolex.com

Updated sea dweller with cyclops? The 11 and 25 dents are accurate, so maybe?

I do hope not (cyclops on a 50th SD)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    They are:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...7-Teaser-Video

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...s-Any-thoughts

Craftsman
    Yea, saw them after i posted that comment. Didn't scroll far down enough

Cyclops on sd make no sense.at all

Someone on another forum dug up this photo from the Rolex website. Whether it means anything...?

Someone on another forum dug up this photo from the Rolex website. Whether it means anything...?

Red GMT hand?! Awful

Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Imagine a nice watch and then make it 20% too thick. That's the upper bound on any new omega.
    Or Tudor

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

Brushed centre links and red gmt hand are photoshopped

Journeyman

Eeeeew red gmt hand looks horrible.

Blog Entries
    Oh well - all will be revealed soon. I really hope the cyclops does not appear on the SD - then again that could save me 10K

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Brushed centre links and red gmt hand are photoshopped
    I'd be interested to know how the picture ended up on the Rolex website if it isn't genuine. Assuming that's a genuine Rolex website...

//content.rolex.com/is/image/Rolex/?src=is%7BRolex%2Fshadow_oyster_gmtmasterii_40%3Fl ayer%3D1%26src%3D41315%26layer%3D2%26src%3D45454_g _40_redHand%26layer%3D3%26src%3D45022%7D&$rv55-watch-retina$

Apologies for posting it if it isn't kosher.

Banned
    Tudor have something new :