closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Basel 2017

Blog Entries

Basel 2017

Only a few weeks to go and I have my flight booked for Baselworld and the blessings from SWMBO for a night away in Switzerland.

Anyway. What is on your wish list? If I spot one of these my name will be on the list quicker than you can say Henry.

Master
    My name's on the list already... and for a GMT coke.

I'm 2nd on the list at the local AD for a GMT Coke

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would like a GMT coke but just can't see it happening. Might call my local dealer and see if he has a list. How soon do they go on sale once confirmed at Basel.

If a SD comes out looking like that then I may well become a one watch guy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I would like a GMT coke but just can't see it happening. Might call my local dealer and see if he has a list. How soon do they go on sale once confirmed at Basel.
    In recent years, it's been quite quickly after Basel.

Craftsman
    I'm was told by an AD that a steel Coke GMT is really unlikely, as the bi-colour red bezel is more expensive to manufacture than the blue/black, so if we get one it'll probably be on a precious metal GMT like the current Pepsi. Also the red on the current Pepsi comes out washed out and pinkish, and that might put me off if it wasn't a true red.

Not sure how much truch there is and how much is spin, but I hope he's wrong as a new steel Coke GMT is top of my wish list.
    Last edited by nellyh; 20th February 2017 at 20:30.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if a yellow gold GMT might be more likely?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I can see them doing another precious metal GMT.

Master
    Theres 2 things i'm on the lookout for:-

1) Theres a rumoured updated re-design to the Omega SMPc 300. Don't know any details but I would hope they - a) add the adjustable clasp from SM300, b) remove the skeleton hands and bring back the sword hands c) integrate the new single barrel 8900 movement to replace the 2500D d) get rid of the BOR bracelet.

2) The SEIKO 62MAS re-issue, really looking forward to that one

Quote Originally Posted by nellyh View Post
    I'm was told by an AD that a steel Coke GMT is really unlikely, as the bi-colour red bezel is more expensive to manufacture than the blue/black, so if we get one it'll probably be on a precious metal GMT like the current Pepsi. Also the red on the current Pepsi comes out washed out and pinkish, and that might put me off if it wasn't a true red.

Not sure how much truch there is and how much is spin, but I hope he's wrong as a new steel Coke GMT is top of my wish list.
    It's all spin!
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Only a few weeks to go and I have my flight booked for Baselworld and the blessings from SWMBO for a night away in Switzerland.

Anyway. What is on your wish list? If I spot one of these my name will be on the list quicker than you can say Henry.

yum.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This would at least show innovation rather than changing one line of text / a bezel to a different colour:

http://watchbase.com/blog/2016/12/06...gh-tech-bezel/

Master
    Blog Entries
    Forgot about the 62 mas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    My name's on the list already... and for a GMT coke.
    What list is that if it's not been released yet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Theres 2 things i'm on the lookout for:-

1) Theres a rumoured updated re-design to the Omega SMPc 300. Don't know any details but I would hope they - a) add the adjustable clasp from SM300, b) remove the skeleton hands and bring back the sword hands c) integrate the new single barrel 8900 movement to replace the 2500D d) get rid of the BOR bracelet.

2) The SEIKO 62MAS re-issue, really looking forward to that one
    I'd buy the 2254 update with or without the 2500d.

Master
    What list is that if it's not been released yet?
    Believe it or not, ADs are taking names for possible releases. I'm not even the 1st one but the 2nd... I know it seems ludicrous but it is true, I've asked my usual guy about the rumoured releases and, unsolicited, few days later I was told that they were starting to put names down.

Craftsman

Basel 2017

I would love a < 40mm blancpain fifty fathoms (non bathyscaphe). The wonderful tubby sapphire bezel, the endlessly deep black gloss dial, the gorgeous domed crystal, the classic, clean legible dial.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    I would love a < 40mm blancpain fifty fathoms (non bathyscaphe). The wonderful tubby sapphire bezel, the endlessly deep black gloss dial, the gorgeous domed crystal, the classic, clean legible dial.......

They should just rerelease the old LE as a regular model. It was perfect.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    Yup. Totally agree JP. Would buy that after considerable saving, but the LE version is completely unobtainable sadly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    I saw one listed for $6,000 two years ago, thought "wow that's nice I'm going to look into it" and came back to buy when I got home from work. Sadly sold in a flash.

Question

If the Pepsi GMT were to be released in SS I think i'd cry.

Basel 2017

What do u think is best way to get name on list for a guy that's never bought from a Rolex AD before?

I've only ever bought my breitling new and I'm guessing Rolex dealers will b very precious with their waiting lists a la Daytona!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    If the Pepsi GMT were to be released in SS I think i'd cry.
    With happiness? Or wrath?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    With happiness? Or wrath?
    Pure unbridled happiness.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really can't see that happening, same with a SS smurf.

:D

Craftsman
    How about bringing back the Railmaster 39mm at a reasonable price of c2.5k? Perfect kicking about watch at a price that can't be argued with. Could even offer it as an add on purchase at the til..

Quote Originally Posted by RBear1981 View Post
    How about bringing back the Railmaster 39mm at a reasonable price of c2.5k? Perfect kicking about watch at a price that can't be argued with. Could even offer it as an add on purchase at the til..

A new Railmaster is confirmed as this year the Railmaster turns 60, however it will need to go some to look better than this....

They didn't make a good job of the replacement Aqua-Terra, so I'm not holding my breath
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    RHD Pelagos LHD.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They didn't make a good job of the replacement Aqua-Terra, so I'm not holding my breath

They could well bugger up a classic design by adding a date and using faux aged lume, let's hope not.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    They could well bugger up a classic design by adding a date and using faux aged lume, let's hope not.
    Imagine a nice watch and then make it 20% too thick. That's the upper bound on any new omega.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    A yellow gold with blue/black bezel would be rather nice, perhaps.

This would make me a one watch guy as well. Come on Rolex!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nellyh View Post

It may cost them a bit more as they have spent more time trying to get the red colour they like, which will not be like the pink on the BLRO as it is filled in with black not blue, but I can't see them making it in PM again, the PepC is not a great seller and it caused a lot of bad will when released. Rolex are trying to make nice nowadays and recently have started giving owners what they have requested, sunburst blue Subc, Exp1 longer hands, DaytonaC, DD40, etc. I think Rolex will suck up the extra R and D costs and price it like the BLNR. They could easily have priced the Daytona at £10K and had waiting lists so Rolex are not all about making the absolute maximum profit, they have other considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I think this will be a feast for the eyes, not sure if it will be just too much tho.

In the current steel sports lineup the only models that are regularly kicking around for sale in AD widows are the DSSD and the SD4000.
    Considering the depreciation and easy availability of the SD4000 I've been surprised that there has been so much positivity and hype regarding a 50th anniversary dial-after all many folk have complained that currently it's too chunky etc and it's just not that popular.
    I can't envisage that if Rolex decide on one line of red text it will make much difference overall- but either way Rolex have never previously gone retro in such a way- i.e. The anniversary Subs did not have red text etc.
    I love the SD4000- but can't see a simple red text version being released.....they will more likely follow the vibe of the Sub LV

Master
    Wow Basel come round again - how quick was that!?!?!?!
    Looking forward to posts from guys who get to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post
    What do u think is best way to get name on list for a guy that's never bought from a Rolex AD before?

I've only ever bought my breitling new and I'm guessing Rolex dealers will b very precious with their waiting lists a la Daytona!

Just go and ask. I can give you the name of an AD I use that would add you to the list. The reason I mention it is that I know they honour the wait by lists and are fair.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    In the current steel sports lineup the only models that are regularly kicking around for sale in AD widows are the DSSD and the SD4000.
    Considering the depreciation and easy availability of the SD4000 I've been surprised that there has been so much positivity and hype regarding a 50th anniversary dial-after all many folk have complained that currently it's too chunky etc and it's just not that popular.
    I can't envisage that if Rolex decide on one line of red text it will make much difference overall- but either way Rolex have never previously gone retro in such a way- i.e. The anniversary Subs did not have red text etc.
    I love the SD4000- but can't see a simple red text version being released.....they will more likely follow the vibe of the Sub LV
    I think you raise a great point. Why would a little bit of red writing make this suddenly a must have Rolex ??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    I think you raise a great point. Why would a little bit of red writing make this suddenly a must have Rolex ??
    Ha Ha! It seemed to have driven the market wild in the past...

According to some rumours on WUS, there will be 4 X 40mm Omega RM, and 1 LE of 38.5mm. No idea to which degree this is truthful, but I'd be glad if it were, as 38.5mm seems to be my sweet spot recently.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Already on the list, and not the first either apparently.
    I just asked to go on list for an anniversary SD on the offchance of release.

Some kind of Tudor GMT. Preferably a Pelagos Blue GMT.

Craftsman
    I'd love a 42mm Omega PO chrono, but from discussions on here it seems the movement wouldn't fit in a 42mm case, so no chance!

Ha Ha! It seemed to have driven the market wild in the past...

Yes - the vintage double reds are very expensive and desirable- but surely much of this is due to scarcity -
    which will not be part of the equation with a new 2017 release.....

Journeyman
    Looking forward to the new speedy MC with racing dial!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I'd fancy some new Grand Seiko quartz models that are a bit more traditionally sized. Perhaps a 62GS quartz with a 36-38mm case would be perfect, or a 44GS that's a bit sized down. I love the SBGX059/61 models, but feel that the cases could benefit from a little spicing up :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    According to some rumours on WUS, there will be 4 X 40mm Omega RM, and 1 LE of 38.5mm. No idea to which degree this is truthful, but I'd be glad if it were, as 38.5mm seems to be my sweet spot recently.
    If that's so it will really test my willpower, the 38.5mm AT quartz remains the most perfectly sized watch in my collection. Slightly surprising case sizes though if there's any truth in that rumour - 38.5mm says AT style, but then you'd expect 41.5mm like the larger ATs for the others. 40mm suggests either a variation on the Speedmaster racing, or hopefully something else entirely. It would certainly buck the trend for larger sizes at Omega, but I'd be quite surprised if it that actually happens.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    Some kind of Tudor GMT. Preferably a Pelagos Blue GMT.
    Sounds really tempting if this happens