closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mudmaster twin sensor v triple sensor

Mudmaster twin sensor v triple sensor

I really like the Mudmaster's but I am struggling to decide if the latest triple sensor version is worth the extra £300+.

Any G shock experts around to explain the differences and if its worth getting a triple over a twin?

I don't think it's worth the extra money for the extra sensor? I guess the triple has pressure?
    I really like my twin sensor, which cost me about £185

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    I don't think it's worth the extra money for the extra sensor? I guess the triple has pressure?
    What does the twin sensor measure? Is it Automic?

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    What does the twin sensor measure? Is it Automic?
    The twin has compass/thermometer, the triple adds pressure (for barometer/altitude).

The twin isn't 'atomic' (time from radio signal) or solar so there are a few differences to justify the cost of the triple.

Make sure you read up on the real world use of the triple sensor. It isn't just a pick up and go, the altimeter is relative and not absolute, meaning if you stay at sea level it will deviate and if left to its own device, will be off by anything from 10 to 100 meters. The idea is you calibrate it manually at trail markers.

The compass on my Rangeman seemed ridiculously prone to electrical interference too, though I'm willing to chalk that down to my lack of understanding how to calibrate it. The barometer was pretty spot on - great way to prepare for unforseen rain.

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post

This photo has sent me back down the G Shock rabbit hole.....thinking of what I can sell...

Journeyman
    The GWG models with triple sensor are the premium versions of the GG (twin sensor) series. Much more sturdy, with sapphire, solar, radio-sync, and the more advanced hand & motor tech (faster time changes, etc). Maybe you wouldn't use the GWG for much more than the GG, but they look and feel great on the wrist.

Master
    GWG for me probably my most worn watch of late I love it worth the extra imo

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Brien View Post
    The GWG models with triple sensor are the premium versions of the GG (twin sensor) series. Much more sturdy, with sapphire, solar, radio-sync, and the more advanced hand & motor tech (faster time changes, etc). Maybe you wouldn't use the GWG for much more than the GG, but they look and feel great on the wrist.
    Aha! More to it than the extra sensor. That makes much more sense.

I'm a big G-Shock fan nowadays and particularly like the 'Master of G' series. However, I'm not so sure about the 'Master' series of anadigi G-Shocks, i.e. Mudmaster, Gulfmaster etc. Casio seem to be pushing these over the others and they are not cheap either.

ok thanks all. I have gone for the GG in the end as although the GWG is no doubt a better quality version I can't justify the extra and I like the negative display and hands that match the strap on this twin sensor model.

Funny thing with G shocks, they seem to be priced cheap enough to keep collecting. This will be my 3rd now. A long way off some of you but at least the wife is happier that its not another Rolex :o)

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    ok thanks all. I have gone for the GG in the end as although the GWG is no doubt a better quality version I can't justify the extra and I like the negative display and hands that match the strap on this twin sensor model.

Funny thing with G shocks, they seem to be priced cheap enough to keep collecting. This will be my 3rd now. A long way off some of you but at least the wife is happier that its not another Rolex :o)

I was after this model as it was ~£200 from Creationwatches and was hoping for a discount post Xmas.But it was never reduced and bought the green version from ebay for £185 inc :)

Craftsman
    I recently purchased the GWG and I can confirm the comments above regarding the altimeter, you have to keep adjusting it to known readings or reset it when you are at sea level (I think it works off of the air pressure , so if air pressure changes, so does the relative altitude, so even if you have remained at sea level, the altitude reading on the watch changes). But it's a bloody fantastic watch and for its size, does not feel too big on the wrist.

Well the GG arrived today and I must admit I am impressed for the price.

I thought comp meant computer for some reason so was surprised to find out it was a fully functioning compass with the second hand becoming the compass pointer. I love the way you can easily flick between your home time and your world time setting and watch the hour and minute hands mechanically spin around to the new timezone.

A thermometer is also nice to have as this watch will spend most of its time sat by the pool on holidays.

Thanks for all the advice, well worth £179.

Can't think of another time when I have taken a brand new watch and stuck it in a muddy puddle and felt so relaxed