closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any experience with Junghans service/warranty?

Master

Any experience with Junghans service/warranty?

So, I'm in need of your help again.

I've bought a Junghans Meister Pilot in the Jura sale last Thursday. The watch turned up on Friday, and I instantly liked it, despite a few minor niggles (the crown isn't that smooth when winding; the timekeeping isn't very good, the watch gaining around 17 seconds a day; the chrono minutes hand is a fraction of a mil misaligned to the right, not really enough to be a real problem, but enough to not 'be perfect'). Anyway, because I liked it so much and the healthy discount I got it at, I was willing to overlook all this and just don't bother getting the watch looked at.

That was until this morning, when I was going with a polishing cloth over it and noticed a mark on, I believe, the dial (see photo below). I don't think it's a mark on the crystal, either on the topside, or the AR coating underneath, because it doesn't 'move' when you handle the watch, as the shadow of a mark on the crystal would.

Now, the issue is that I don't want to reject the watch, as it was a good deal and I really like it (did I say that already?), but Jura don't seem too keen on sorting this out either : the first person I spoke to on the online live chat didn't even respond; and the second one, after a pretty long wait and making it clear that I wasn't just going to go away basically told me to just send the watch back and they would 'assess' it - but they don't have a returns system; they would reimburse the postage cost upon receipt and, the way I see it, there's no guarantee that they would do anything about it, as the mark is only visible at a certain angle.

The other option is to take it myself into a Junghans dealer (I'm thinking Selfridges London) and show them the mark and go for a warranty repair.

Now, my questions :

1. Would you send it back to Jura (and at least be covered by the 14 days mandatory return period if they're not willing to replace/fix it) or don't bother with Jura and take it into another AD yourself (and get it sorted under warranty)? I just feel like if I went in and explained the issues myself I could get my message across better
    2. Does anyone on here have any experience with Junghans warranty interventions?
    3. Would this be covered under warranty? The only way that mark could have gotten there would be at assembly, so it should class as a manufacturing defect, right?
    4. What accuracy should be expected from their watches? Would they regulate it better than +17 spd if asked?
    5. Would they realign the minutes hand and fix the crown?

Thanks

Ben

Master
    Personally I'd speak to Jura, send them some pics and then arrange a replacement...