closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nomos Club Automat

Nomos Club Automat

This morning was a lovely morning for a dog walk on the beach, and my latest new arrival decided to come along for the fun. I've been considering the Nomos Club Automat for quite a while but something else always seemed to come along and draw my attention away. This example appeared on the Watchfinder site this week at what appeared to be a steal at over 50% off of RRP for what appears to be an unused watch. I often find that Watchfinder are so heavily focussed on one particular brand that their research into others isn't as great and, as a result, there can be some bargains to be found. This can be a pain when selling to them but it's the nature of the business and this time it worked in my favour.

The watch itself is stunning. I think that the 40mm case size is perfect for a watch of this type. The shell cordovan strap takes straps to a whole new level. It is so comfortable and flexible, probably the best strap I've had. There's nothing flashy about the Nomos, but it's certainly a triumph of German engineering. Looking over the case and movement I can't find any issues at all with the standard of finishing. Combined with an in-house movement as well this could be the perfect combination of sporty and dressy, certainly at this price point.

Journeyman
    Congratulations, I hope you wear it in good health.

I just ordered mine last week. Exactly the same model, it's my favourite among all of Nomos' offerings.

Master
    Love it, I have the datum dunkle version myself. I really like a lot of the pieces from Nomos but not sure how popular they are.

Many on the forum have them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    there you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice

Watchfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    This morning was a lovely morning for a dog walk on the beach, and my latest new arrival decided to come along for the fun. I've been considering the Nomos Club Automat for quite a while but something else always seemed to come along and draw my attention away. This example appeared on the Watchfinder site this week at what appeared to be a steal at over 50% off of RRP for what appears to be an unused watch. I often find that Watchfinder are so heavily focussed on one particular brand that their research into others isn't as great and, as a result, there can be some bargains to be found. This can be a pain when selling to them but it's the nature of the business and this time it worked in my favour.

The watch itself is stunning. I think that the 40mm case size is perfect for a watch of this type. The shell cordovan strap takes straps to a whole new level. It is so comfortable and flexible, probably the best strap I've had. There's nothing flashy about the Nomos, but it's certainly a triumph of German engineering. Looking over the case and movement I can't find any issues at all with the standard of finishing. Combined with an in-house movement as well this could be the perfect combination of sporty and dressy, certainly at this price point.

Hi, this is my first post. I thought you might be interested in my story about your watch. Just before you bagged it a salesman at WF had agreed to sell it to me in an exchange of emails. I had seen the watch on Chrono 24, expressed an interest and been contacted by WF. After about 2 hours following enquiries by me about condition etc., the salesman had said he would set up an account so that I could pay. About an hour later he emailed to say the watch had been sold (to you as it turns out) and basically tough luck!!

As you can imagine I was a little peeved. All the more so, since I could tell judging from the tone of his responses that the salesman had been getting a bit impatient with me. Anyway I told him I was a bit pissed off and that we had had a contract and that he should honour this. He was extremely patronising and kept referring me to WF's terms and conditions (which I had not previously seen), basically saying that as it's a live website where watches can sell at any time I should have been a bit quicker!

This got my goat somewhat, so I told him I was going to look elsewhere for the equivalent watch and would ask WF to contribute to the price if it was more than I had agreed to pay for the one you now own. He arrogantly assured me that there was no way this was going to happen and so I escalated things in the Company. I had by now bought the Club from Chronext (excellent by the way) and asked WF for the £500 extra it cost me.

My request went from an office assistant, to a legal assistant and finally to their head of legal. It was like talking to a brick wall. I told them that I was open to offers and they weren't interested. I had some interesting correspondence with their legal team none of whom surprisingly seemed to have a clue about contract law.

Anyway, to cut a long story short I took them to the small claims court and the Judge said they owe me £600 including court fees for my loss of bargain. Lovely.

My experience is that they are a thoroughly patronising and arrogant Company to deal with and they get a 'No' from me!!
    Last edited by leggymountbatten; 26th November 2017 at 13:52.

Craftsman
    How easy was it to take them to a small claims court? I've always wanted to do this to certain companies, but never followed through. Excellent story.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jalebi View Post
    How easy was it to take them to a small claims court? I've always wanted to do this to certain companies, but never followed through. Excellent story.
    It was pretty easy but time consuming. I did not even have to take a day off work to go to the hearing. I asked the court to deal with it on my written submissions.

Master
    Taking Watchfinder to the Small Claims court was brave and admirable. From the judgement, they deserved it. I had a similar experience over what I regarded as deeply misleading advertising, and they were just awful, in my opinion, bullying and arrogant. In the end they paid me some cash, so the case never went to court. I would never, ever, buy from them. Just reading their 'terms and conditions' is a real eye-opened. They seem stacked against the customer, over many pages.
    Good that they got their just deserts in this case. Again, well done.
    Last edited by paskinner; 26th November 2017 at 17:23.

Craftsman
    Love Nomos got one club for my wife for xmas

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Taking Watchfinder to the Small Claims court was brave and admirable. From the judgement, they deserved it. I had a similar experience over what I regarded as deeply misleading advertising, and they were just awful, in my opinion, bullying and arrogant. In the end they paid me some cash, so the case never went to court. I would never, ever, buy from them. Just reading their 'terms and conditions' is a real eye-opened. They seem stacked against the customer, over many pages.
    Good that they got their just deserts in this case. Again, well done.

Thanks, the thing is I would probably have let it drop if they had not been so smug about it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    Love Nomos got one club for my wife for xmas
    They are really great, what a lovely gift.