closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Arktis or 857

Craftsman

Arktis or 857

Simple question ..... Would I be daft to replace my sinn arktis with a sinn 857 Utc cargo ?

Craftsman

Or

They are both fantastic watches. Do Sinn still make the Arktis? If they don't, that would inform my decision because it might be hard to find another one if you change your mind later.

Master
    I wouldn't...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Yes you would be daft, but if you are feeling silly then I'll gladly take the Arktis off your hands.

The Arktis will be hard (not impossible) to replace should you go for the 857 and then regret it as it's not made anymore. I personally prefer the 857 but that's just me. I've had the normal version before and I've looked at the Cargo version as I do like the splash of orange, if one was to pop up on SC I'd be pushed not to get it. They are a bit bigger than the Arktis but wear nicely as they are pretty thin.

Two quite different watches, only you can decide which one you like the most.

IMHO you'd be either....

1.Crackers

.........or..........

2.Barking.

;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    Keep the Arktis, love the blue dial.

No brainer for me, but someone will love the Arktis if you don't!

In answer to an earlier question, no, Sinn don't make the Arktis any more, but you can pick up an 857 Cargo new, so unless you really don't like the Arktis (a sought after watch - Just check how few you seen on SC or Chrono24 (none the last few times I've checked and only 2 sold on eBay worldwide since November!), then dumping the Arktis for an 857 seems crazy!

M.
    Last edited by snowman; 20th February 2017 at 12:41.

Craftsman
    Responses are pretty Unanimous then :lol:

Craftsman
    My vote is to keep the Arkis. It is an extremely good looking watch, and you don't see it everyday.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    The Arktis will be hard (not impossible) to replace should you go for the 857 and then regret it as it's not made anymore. I personally prefer the 857 but that's just me. I've had the normal version before and I've looked at the Cargo version as I do like the splash of orange, if one was to pop up on SC I'd be pushed not to get it. They are a bit bigger than the Arktis but wear nicely as they are pretty thin.

Two quite different watches, only you can decide which one you like the most.
    Seperate to the OP's question. I reckon if an 857 pops up on SC it won't be there very long at all, I was on the CW Sellors / Jura site earlier today trying to decide between the Testaf or the Lufthansa Cargo LE. Had my eye on an 857 for at least a year now and I can see my resolve weakening by the day. Can see it fitting into my rotation perfectly.

Master
    Keep the Arktis without a doubt

Master
    That's not a fair question they are both gorgeous imho......argh I have brain ache trying to choose....not fair.