closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Audi finance

Audi finance

Hi
    Mrs Wright is looking for a new Audi A3 2.0 TDI S line. Got one already but looking to upgrade.
    I've done a carwow quote and been given a couple of quotes. The price is better with Audi Finance . If I took the finance does anyone know if you can just pay it off almost straight away and still get the cheaper price
    ThankAndy
    Last edited by awright101; 19th February 2017 at 15:41.

If its the same as VW finance ( same group ? ) I was told I had to wait 6 months to pay it off with no penalties.

Craftsman
    ^^^ This

We've just done the same with our Golf, had to wait 6 months to be able to keep the free servicing, gap insurance & wheel/tyre insurance

Master

Audi finance

Have you had a price off coast2coast cars? They give good discounts and use a different finance house which may give you the option of paying of after one payment without penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by DJL-73 View Post
    ^^^ This

We've just done the same with our Golf, had to wait 6 months to be able to keep the free servicing, gap insurance & wheel/tyre insurance

Just be careful with the service plan, I had a 2 year service plan in with my car, turns out it is in fact 2 services or 2 years whichever comes sooner, I had had my 3rd service ( in a year ) done before I found out that little gem, the salesman who sold me the car is ducking my calls.

Master
    You have a 14 day cooling off period, however I have no idea what impact that has on deposit contributions and other freebies.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Hi
    Mrs Wright is looking for a new Audi A3 2.0 TDI S line. Got one already but looking to upgrade.
    I've done a carwow quote and been given a couple of quotes. The price is better with Audi Finace. If I took the finance does anyone know if you can just pay it off almost straight away and still get the cheaper price
    ThankAndy
    We were told, run it for 3 months to secure the free servicing which MIGHT be part of the purchase finance deal, then clear if you feel able.

Thanks everyone, sounds like it might be possible after a while

You can pay it off within 14 days with little cost...it is your right under current consumer regulations to do so.

The deposit allowance is not reclaimable by the Finance Company or the dealer, despite what some might try and say...

Any 'add ons' also should not be affected...they shouldn't be advising that because it's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by the.admiral View Post
    You can pay it off within 14 days with little cost...it is your right under current consumer regulations to do so.

The deposit allowance is not reclaimable by the Finance Company or the dealer, despite what some might try and say...

Any 'add ons' also should not be affected...they shouldn't be advising that because it's not true.

Exactly what he said
    I did it myself on a TT couple of years back

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Just be careful with the service plan, I had a 2 year service plan in with my car, turns out it is in fact 2 services or 2 years whichever comes sooner, I had had my 3rd service ( in a year ) done before I found out that little gem, the salesman who sold me the car is ducking my calls.
    Interesting. I had the same with BMW and I have now gone to the Financial Ombudsman. I am saying they mis-sold the service plan. I think they agree with me and it is getting interesting. I was told about the annual service on my car and the service plan thus made perfect sense. Then, with an M3, you have to have 1,200 mile running-in service...after a year, I rang to book the service and only then found out it was a 2 year interval. Interesting because they then say I've already used the service plan on the running in service...but you only discover the 2 year thing a way down the line. Stinks. I'm on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    Interesting. I had the same with BMW and I have now gone to the Financial Ombudsman. I am saying they mis-sold the service plan. I think they agree with me and it is getting interesting. I was told about the annual service on my car and the service plan thus made perfect sense. Then, with an M3, you have to have 1,200 mile running-in service...after a year, I rang to book the service and only then found out it was a 2 year interval. Interesting because they then say I've already used the service plan on the running in service...but you only discover the 2 year thing a way down the line. Stinks. I'm on it.
    That is interesting, I specifically remember calculating my annual mileage with the sales guy and he stated that it's great value as I'll get some expensive services within the 2 years at my mileage.
    Cheers..
    Jase

There are also different servicing schedules depending on what type of driving you do. Didn't find that out until my fixed servicing plan was over two years early. Could have used the longer interval plan!

Quote Originally Posted by DJL-73 View Post
    ^^^ This

GAP insurance and Wheel/tyre has nothing to do with the finance. You could of cancelled that straight away if you wish.

My deal

My deal was pcp related

If I took out s pcp they'd lob in £1000 plus two services

I took the offer
    Then paid it off within about a week

Kept the £1000 and the services

Lots of people were doing it

Master

Audi finance

The "contribution" is smoke and mirrors. I recently financed a car via Oracle Finance. Even without a "contribution" they were £50 a month cheaper. They are regulated by the FCA therefore you have the same rights as you have with dealer finance.

So even if you don't pay it off early it's a way better deal.
    Last edited by watchmad; 22nd February 2017 at 14:05.

Craftsman
    I work at an Audi dealer in London and funnily enough I run the finance dept! You can pay it off within 14 days still taking advantage of all deposit contributions etc. It's called your right of withdrawal and is listed on your documents. You will not be charged at all for doing this. So if you borrow £10k you pay back £10k if within 14 days of the agreement being set up. Send me a message of what you want car wise and I'll see if I can beat it. Kind regards, Franco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Franco, that is kind of you.
    We managed to buy one today. Pre registered but new. No one could locate a new A3 sportback S-line 2.0 tdi s tronic in the choice of colour we wanted before April.

We are very happy with the deal we got but ended up paying cash plus our car.

Thanks again
    Andy